Disabling Game Center on iOS 13 / iPadOS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GentleNova #1 Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27832 battles
  • [SRT_]

Under iOS 12, I had signed out of Game Center and it didn’t bother me or pop up.

Under iOS 13 / iPadOS, even when you sign out of Game Center (and it shows as dimmed out in the Blitz settings area), it will still pop up, asking you to sign in, when you start the game. 

To get around this, you need also need to go to the Notifications area of your device, find "Games" (not Game Center), and turn the Allow Notifications switch off as well.

This should prevent Game Center from popping up and asking you to login each time Blitz starts. 

____Zer0____ #2 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32339 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I just went to Game Center in settings and disabled the whole thing.   It erases the app also.  

__Frostbite #3 Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25562 battles
  • [-0]

wait, iOS 13 is out?

lol i didn't even notice. thanks for the PSA. can't wait to get dark mode 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lmsd123 #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43766 battles
  • [JFGF]
We got warning from our IT department to wait for 13.1. ISO 13 may have error that effects device security

__The_Dude_30__ #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:52 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21868 battles
  • [CRU2L]
I didn't know iOS 13 came out? Time to do some updating.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Kiilu #6 Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22400 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostGentleNova, on 25 September 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Under iOS 12, I had signed out of Game Center and it didn’t bother me or pop up.

Under iOS 13 / iPadOS, even when you sign out of Game Center (and it shows as dimmed out in the Blitz settings area), it will still pop up, asking you to sign in, when you start the game. 

To get around this, you need also need to go to the Notifications area of your device, find "Games" (not Game Center), and turn the Allow Notifications switch off as well.

This should prevent Game Center from popping up and asking you to login each time Blitz starts. 

cool signature,,, Your friends with Bushka? I see you post a lot. Which is cool you got some good stuff. I need help with a signature.

GentleNova #7 Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27832 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostKiilu, on 25 September 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

cool signature,,,  I need help with a signature.

I used an app called Over, adding video to it and then some text. Once done, I exported the final product as a video and then converted it to an animated GIF using EZGIF. Everything’s free to use. Had to play around with EZGIF quite a bit though to get a small enough GIF size but with good clarity. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users