RIP fallen tanker o7

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

acrisis #1 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III-C]

Charles aka Charlie aka WardogFreddy lost his big battle last night due to cancer.

I met WardogFreddy ( which is a reference to an ancestral family member who served in world war ) years ago on this forum as a struggling new WOTB player, who was seeking help with the game.  He was older, certainly not a gamer, found the game via windows, liked what he saw, but was struggling to win.  We chatted on skype, talked some mechanics, ran a couple platoons, became frequent platoon mates and online friends, talking about what was going on in our lives and supporting each other through some life events.

After a short while, things started clicking game wise and he was so happy when he could turn a battle around. Sticking to his guns, playing smarter, doing his homework aka: watching some Bushka on Blitz, taking it one step at a time, giving some reflection to what happened in the last battle, ... and things started to fall in place.  

We had many a great platoon session, working towards unlocking a new tank or module, tanking and chatting time away. While he was struggling with medical issues, loss of work and income, loss of parents ... trying to reinvent himself by doing photography work ... tanking would take one's mind off of stressful things, and we'd look forward to the next platoon. 

His enjoyment of the game was infectious when good things were happening.  He wanted to join Triarii and I was more than happy to sponsor him. He was making more friends, did a few small clan events and started paying it forward, helping a few others with their learning curve in WOTB.  Like for many of us, update 3.8 dampened his enthusiasm and motivation to progress up the lines. 

Then came the first round of cancer. Thanks to modern medicine and surgery; he won that battle and while the recovery was long, he was making plans for the future again. Tank wise, he wasn't into grinding any more. The ongoing events, struggles with teams, gambling push and update 5.5 soured things game wise. So, we were playing less and just try to play like old times, aiming for a few GG, chatting about a healthier future, positive things, ... 

Sadly, not long ago, cancer came back with a vengeance. More treatments, new struggles, more side effects, hospitalizations, getting better, good hope, things were looking up, but then followed setbacks and in the past couple weeks cancer beat him.  

Charlie was a great guy, I will miss him dearly. His happy demeanor, his laughs, his joy for life, excitement, sense of wonder, curiosity, positivity, ... 

You may have fallen but will never be forgotten. 

May you Rest In Peace, my friend, and help keep us safe from your place in heaven. 

o7

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Icefang50 #2 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:24 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34640 battles
  • [-MAX-]
Wonderful post

Fezzik: I just want you to feel you’re doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

William Goldman, The Princess Bride

RommelTanker #3 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

He who is supremely annoying

• Players
  • 6719 battles
  • [ACTS2]

Press F.

F

Something something insert joke here

RagingHESHedPotato #4 Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:48 PM

What's a Potato?

• Players
  • 22497 battles
  • [III-X]
Charles was a good friend of ours acrisis. He will be dearly missed. Just happy hes not suffering anymore. We shall see you again brother!

Edited by RagingHESHedPotato, 28 September 2019 - 12:37 AM.

wrecker1968 #5 Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46590 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I'm so sorry for your loss a acrisis. My condolences to his family and friends.              07  Wardogfreddy  RIP

Mako__Reizei___ #6 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:27 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7074 battles
  • [ALIAS]

A fallen warrior who died clutching his sword on the battlefield of WoTB and cancer.

O7 to you great warrior and may you rest peacefully in the halls of Valhalla.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

boris55555 #7 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:32 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 26187 battles
  • [MINC]
Thank you and may be go forth in peace.

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said: <~~~sort of...

Step 1: Don't open your mouth Around a missile tank.

Snickering dickering still. The Tiger ran up the hill.

The Dicker shot four.

The Tiger’s HP’s no more.

Snickering dickering still. (Abridged)

_Cletus #8 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:33 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26259 battles
  • [HAHA]
My condolences.

This would be an inappropriate place to snarkily chastise a forum member.

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

spike41_steel #9 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 39111 battles
  • [SR-71]
I'm very sorry for your loss.  May he rest in peace.

Mistertryhard #10 Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1148 battles
  • [MOMGA]

View Postacrisis, on 27 September 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

Charles aka Charlie aka WardogFreddy lost his big battle last night due to cancer.

I met WardogFreddy ( which is a reference to an ancestral family member who served in world war ) years ago on this forum as a struggling new WOTB player, who was seeking help with the game.  He was older, certainly not a gamer, found the game via windows, liked what he saw, but was struggling to win.  We chatted on skype, talked some mechanics, ran a couple platoons, became frequent platoon mates and online friends, talking about what was going on in our lives and supporting each other through some life events.

After a short while, things started clicking game wise and he was so happy when he could turn a battle around. Sticking to his guns, playing smarter, doing his homework aka: watching some Bushka on Blitz, taking it one step at a time, giving some reflection to what happened in the last battle, ... and things started to fall in place.  

We had many a great platoon session, working towards unlocking a new tank or module, tanking and chatting time away. While he was struggling with medical issues, loss of work and income, loss of parents ... trying to reinvent himself by doing photography work ... tanking would take one's mind off of stressful things, and we'd look forward to the next platoon. 

His enjoyment of the game was infectious when good things were happening.  He wanted to join Triarii and I was more than happy to sponsor him. He was making more friends, did a few small clan events and started paying it forward, helping a few others with their learning curve in WOTB.  Like for many of us, update 3.8 dampened his enthusiasm and motivation to progress up the lines. 

Then came the first round of cancer. Thanks to modern medicine and surgery; he won that battle and while the recovery was long, he was making plans for the future again. Tank wise, he wasn't into grinding any more. The ongoing events, struggles with teams, gambling push and update 5.5 soured things game wise. So, we were playing less and just try to play like old times, aiming for a few GG, chatting about a healthier future, positive things, ... 

Sadly, not long ago, cancer came back with a vengeance. More treatments, new struggles, more side effects, hospitalizations, getting better, good hope, things were looking up, but then followed setbacks and in the past couple weeks cancer beat him.  

Charlie was a great guy, I will miss him dearly. His happy demeanor, his laughs, his joy for life, excitement, sense of wonder, curiosity, positivity, ... 

You may have fallen but will never be forgotten. 

May you Rest In Peace, my friend, and help keep us safe from your place in heaven. 

o7

Thank you for this kind post, sorry for yours and this communities loss <3

tankeatingtiger #11 Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:05 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19615 battles
  • [DETH]
Touching post, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you did make a great deal of memories, both real life and tanking.  Will keep you and his family in my prayers.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

little_brother_of_war #12 Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:31 AM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 15005 battles
  • [FROST]
Condolences to his family and loved ones. May he be embraced by his Creator. 

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<

rosgrim #13 Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 80736 battles
  • [COD]

o7 mate

RIP

see you on the other side

oicram1 #14 Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 40250 battles
  • [TFL1]
o7

825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

tater_WOT #15 Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 73027 battles
  • [III-P]
Thank you for letting us know about this, o7 WDF!

bcurry1010 #16 Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9365 battles
  • [SDMF]

o7

Raptorv1_0 #17 Posted 30 September 2019 - 03:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18969 battles
  • [III]
o7 Brother RIP , great post Acrisis !!

InjaWoogie #18 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21589 battles
  • [III]
o7

o7,

Inja

Str8UpJack #19 Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15139 battles
  • [III-P]
Rest In Peace Fred... [ ¡¡¡ ] o7 TR¡AR1¡¡ 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

trogvision #20 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Rushing B

• Players
  • 21451 battles
  • [ATO]
O7

"trash camper suck" -legendario189 on borsig drivers (hint: I was the borsig driver :justwait:)

Proud ace tanker of the Object 263, Lorraine 40t, T49, Mbt-70, Sturer Emil, ISU-130, Progetto M35 Mod. 46, CHURCHILL GAME GOD CARRIER.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users