Jump to content


BlitzStars' Hall of Fame reset


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

BlitzStats #1 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

(just an idea for now...)

 

Hall of Fame - Season 1 - 2020

 

So I'm thinking of 'resetting' the default Hall of Fame results starting around the end of November 2019, and then doing so again each year at roughly the same time. So kinda like 'seasons' in a sports league.

The aim would be to 'freshen it up' and keep it more interesting, as well as help combat the issue of buffs/nerfs meaning some records are unbreakable, or too easily broken.

 

Does anyone have any opinions one way or another? 

 

I could / would also keep an 'overall' / 'all time' one around I guess. I appreciate some people in particular have spent a lot of time/effort uploading a lot of replays, and the aim isn't to discredit that. But at the same time, due to the changes to the game over various patches, the Hall of Fame kinda loses its meaning and becomes a bit of a 'who can do best in current flavour of the month'.

 

I'd also likely completely disable 'screenshot proofs' and only allow replays - makes everything much easier. I assume that 99.9% of people's initial replay issues are resolved these days? (performance issues)

 

 

These changes would also allow for some 'competitive' stuff, maybe we can get WG on board to offer some prizes...


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


originalmadkilla #2 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16030 battles
  • 3,806
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

As long as you keep an "All time Hall of Fame", then a season Hall of Fame sounds like a good idea.:playing:

 

Every season will of course start off as a blank slate, and if every single tank is reset, then it will be fun to grab a whole bunch of spots in various tanks for some players.:justwait:



Absolute_Sniper #3 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37497 battles
  • 2,966
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View PostBlitzStats, on 16 October 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

(just an idea for now...)

 

Hall of Fame - Season 1 - 2020

 

So I'm thinking of 'resetting' the default Hall of Fame results starting around the end of November 2019, and then doing so again each year at roughly the same time. So kinda like 'seasons' in a sports league.

The aim would be to 'freshen it up' and keep it more interesting, as well as help combat the issue of buffs/nerfs meaning some records are unbreakable, or too easily broken.

 

Does anyone have any opinions one way or another? 

 

I could / would also keep an 'overall' / 'all time' one around I guess. I appreciate some people in particular have spent a lot of time/effort uploading a lot of replays, and the aim isn't to discredit that. But at the same time, due to the changes to the game over various patches, the Hall of Fame kinda loses its meaning and becomes a bit of a 'who can do best in current flavour of the month'.

 

I'd also likely completely disable 'screenshot proofs' and only allow replays - makes everything much easier. I assume that 99.9% of people's initial replay issues are resolved these days? (performance issues)

 

 

These changes would also allow for some 'competitive' stuff, maybe we can get WG on board to offer some prizes...

This is a great idea. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


EL_Din_46 #4 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:25 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4879 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    05-13-2019

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 16 October 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

This is a great idea. 


Do it


 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

 

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire


MudkipAtWar #5 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:49 PM

    die

  • Players
  • 22232 battles
  • 1,644
  • [FL-TH]
  • Member since:
    10-30-2015

View PostBlitzStats, on 16 October 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

I'd also likely completely disable 'screenshot proofs' and only allow replays - makes everything much easier. I assume that 99.9% of people's initial replay issues are resolved these days? (performance issues)

 

 

my replays are choppy, they show everything but dont work well,


Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

 

 


GrossPanzer1970 #6 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 150 battles
  • 60
  • [DBLAT]
  • Member since:
    04-08-2019
Perfect! But I think a better time for the season start could be January 1 to December 31

Edited by GrossPanzer1970, 16 October 2019 - 09:41 PM.


boris55555 #7 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:34 PM

    Honary Doctor of Meh

  • Players
  • 24926 battles
  • 2,585
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016
 Great idea, never liked Barry Bonds as the all time leader in the waffle any way.
Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

Cafe17951 #8 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26201 battles
  • 270
  • [--R--]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
I think it would be better to separate them by seasons, an example would be to put this year's records as '' Season 2019 '' and by the year 2020 put a section that says '' Season 2020 ''

Facebook News Page about the World of Tanks Blitz: Blitz News NA

 


Meat_Locker #9 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:58 PM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 41122 battles
  • 1,045
  • [STRYK]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

Sounds fun! Do it!

 


 


BlitzStats #10 Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 16 October 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

my replays are choppy, they show everything but dont work well,

 

I guess all that really matters is that you can play with them enabled without causing problems, and you can upload them and wotinspector.com can parse them. Their playback doesn't matter - as long as all the data's there. I know when replays first came out a bunch of people had problems with them causing stuttering in-game while playing. But I assume that's fixed and most everyone can now have them on, if they want.

 

View PostGrossPanzer1970, on 16 October 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

Perfect! But I think a better time for the season start could be January 1 to December 31

 

Yeah, timing is always a difficult Q. In an obvious way, starting on Jan 1st and going for a year makes sense. But I wonder if starting around thanksgiving, late fall/autumn (at least for us NH peeps) will mean a good amount of people can participate during various holidays and get a bunch of records up nice and early, not leaving the place too barren. 

 

View PostCafe17951, on 16 October 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

I think it would be better to separate them by seasons, an example would be to put this year's records as '' Season 2019 '' and by the year 2020 put a section that says '' Season 2020 ''

 

There's not really a 'this year', as plenty of people in the last 12 months have uploaded records from various points since they started playing. And while I can sort by when they were uploaded/submitted, that's not the same as when the battle actually happened; I can only sort the replay submissions by when the battles happened. But yeah, seasons 'from now on' is possible and I think makes sense too.


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


tankeatingtiger #11 Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 19611 battles
  • 2,366
  • [DETH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

Good stuff, I am all for it as long as you preserve all-time records. 

I think a good seasons marker would be by updates, that way it is easy to see what records may be affected by the buff-nerf cycle. Maybe not every update, but it's up to you.


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


Immel_man #12 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:48 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 58630 battles
  • 501
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
My initial thought is against this. I like the idea of all time records, regardless of buffs nerfs or seasons. But it sounds like I’m out voted on this one.

rosgrim #13 Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 76710 battles
  • 304
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

Yes. Good idea for me. All time records + Current season

 

Since "you are here" I have a question (I know it should be some where in the site but....). 

I will appreciate if you take the time to reply. Thanks in advance.

 

New tanks WN8,

when does it start to record and show the WN8 for a new tank ? 

I mean after how many days ? I guess 30 ?

Also during this time if you play the new tank and this does not get WN8 is there any effect on the total WN8 calculation ?



__Crusader6__ #14 Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:49 AM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 59792 battles
  • 11,659
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postrosgrim, on 16 October 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Yes. Good idea for me. All time records + Current season

 

Since "you are here" I have a question (I know it should be some where in the site but....). 

I will appreciate if you take the time to reply. Thanks in advance.

 

New tanks WN8,

when does it start to record and show the WN8 for a new tank ? 

I mean after how many days ? I guess 30 ?

Also during this time if you play the new tank and this does not get WN8 is there any effect on the total WN8 calculation ?


Not Sock, but... 

   New tanks Wn8 are relative to how many players have played over 100 battles in it. 
Zero value Wn8 (even if colored black) do not affect your Wn8 results, it only adds that tank to your stats when there is a value to rate. 
 


 


 
Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  377/387 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


BlitzStats #15 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 16 October 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Good stuff, I am all for it as long as you preserve all-time records. 

I think a good seasons marker would be by updates, that way it is easy to see what records may be affected by the buff-nerf cycle. Maybe not every update, but it's up to you.

 

Every update would be far too frequent, and tying in to every X updates probably too complicated/arbitrary. Though I guess an 'observer' could still gather pre/post particular patches data if they wanted to, but that kind of leads out of the scope of the Hall of Fame and in to general stats/performance stuff.

 

View PostImmel_man, on 17 October 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

My initial thought is against this. I like the idea of all time records, regardless of buffs nerfs or seasons. But it sounds like I’m out voted on this one.

 

All views welcome eh ;) There's certainly a part of me that agrees with you. But then another part says 'whats the point in a record from 2015' - what's the relevance to today? It's simply an impressive oddity that has no real reflection on the current state of the game, and it's hard to judge how actually 'impressive' it really is as I think most of us would struggle to remember the intricacies of the game back in specific time periods (and many people wont even have played at that time).

 

View Postrosgrim, on 17 October 2019 - 04:22 AM, said:

Yes. Good idea for me. All time records + Current season

 

Since "you are here" I have a question (I know it should be some where in the site but....). 

I will appreciate if you take the time to reply. Thanks in advance.

 

New tanks WN8,

when does it start to record and show the WN8 for a new tank ? 

I mean after how many days ? I guess 30 ?

Also during this time if you play the new tank and this does not get WN8 is there any effect on the total WN8 calculation ?

 

Basically just as __Crusader6__ said, and to add slightly: WN8 compares your stats, via a formula, the the 'average'. But how do we get an average unless people have played the tank? So you wont find a WN8 rating for a particular tank until enough other people (and perhaps yourself included) have played the tank for a 'significant' (statistically speaking, in theory...) amount of games.


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


Jaq___ #16 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:50 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33113 battles
  • 1,910
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014
Please don't remove the all time records. I spent a lot of time sending in that info and am particularly proud of some of them. However, having a yearly one as well seems like fun. 

YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8     

UberNoob in reality


 


rosgrim #17 Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 76710 battles
  • 304
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View PostBlitzStats, on 17 October 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

 

Every update would be far too frequent, and tying in to every X updates probably too complicated/arbitrary. Though I guess an 'observer' could still gather pre/post particular patches data if they wanted to, but that kind of leads out of the scope of the Hall of Fame and in to general stats/performance stuff.

 

 

All views welcome eh ;) There's certainly a part of me that agrees with you. But then another part says 'whats the point in a record from 2015' - what's the relevance to today? It's simply an impressive oddity that has no real reflection on the current state of the game, and it's hard to judge how actually 'impressive' it really is as I think most of us would struggle to remember the intricacies of the game back in specific time periods (and many people wont even have played at that time).

 

 

Basically just as __Crusader6__ said, and to add slightly: WN8 compares your stats, via a formula, the the 'average'. But how do we get an average unless people have played the tank? So you wont find a WN8 rating for a particular tank until enough other people (and perhaps yourself included) have played the tank for a 'significant' (statistically speaking, in theory...) amount of games.


Got it ! thank you very much to both @BlitzStats and __Crusader6__

I knew that for my old brain was easier to ask than think about it :)



minitel_NA #18 Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:34 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,245
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

How about a rolling period ? After one year, any record falls into the “all time record” and leave space to the younger record available.

im sure is a bit more implementation, but it feels less arbitrary than having the record hall totally empty every nov 1st .

 

on the other hand maybe the afficionados would rush and spend every November chasing the fresh  hall of fame entries ? 
hmm well, I’m not really the target user here, so just my 2 cents ...

 


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Absolute_Sniper #19 Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37497 battles
  • 2,966
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
I feel like many low tier hall of fame scores are impossible to beat now. I’m sure someone more math inclined could do the math but, I don’t think ones like the A-20 are mathematically possible to break now. That shouldn’t be a hall of fame record.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


originalmadkilla #20 Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:13 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16030 battles
  • 3,806
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 17 October 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

I feel like many low tier hall of fame scores are impossible to beat now. I’m sure someone more math inclined could do the math but, I don’t think ones like the A-20 are mathematically possible to break now. That shouldn’t be a hall of fame record.

 

Sure it should.:playing:

 

I don't even have an A-20 for example, but if somebody got an all time hall of fame record in that tank a while back, then it was valid then and should still be valid. It's not the player's fault that the crazy owners went and changed everything. It was gotten in good faith, according to the rules and the state of the game at the time it was achieved.

 

That's why the seasons are a good idea and they would reflect the current state of the game. If a season runs for about 12 months, then whoever is top 10 in a tank for that period will get their names on the 2020 Season for example.

 

I think that it would be bad and revisionist history to go back and erase the achievements of those players who did achieve records in good faith. It's not their fault that WG's running of the game is slightly psychotic and unpredictable. Records weren't easy to achieve back then either, because players were always competing against the entire playerbase. And if a certain tank had different stats, then it did for all players at the time, including many enemy tanks too.:justwait:


Edited by originalmadkilla, 18 October 2019 - 04:14 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users