38 replies to this topic

Absolute_Sniper #21 Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44239 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 18 October 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

Sure it should.:playing:

I don't even have an A-20 for example, but if somebody got an all time hall of fame record in that tank a while back, then it was valid then and should still be valid. It's not the player's fault that the crazy owners went and changed everything. It was gotten in good faith, according to the rules and the state of the game at the time it was achieved.

That's why the seasons are a good idea and they would reflect the current state of the game. If a season runs for about 12 months, then whoever is top 10 in a tank for that period will get their names on the 2020 Season for example.

I think that it would be bad and revisionist history to go back and erase the achievements of those players who did achieve records in good faith. It's not their fault that WG's running of the game is slightly psychotic and unpredictable. Records weren't easy to achieve back then either, because players were always competing against the entire playerbase. And if a certain tank had different stats, then it did for all players at the time, including many enemy tanks too.:justwait:

If a record is mathematically impossible to beat, what’s the point in trying? Seasons would somewhat address that but the all time record would invalidate the seasonal record as being the best. The only way to correlate the 2 would be to use percentages of the maximum possible damage against damage dealt. This would be impossible in blitz due to engine fires, ammo racks and ramming potential. I don’t know if there is an answer that would please everyone but I do appreciate the different opinions and discussions about it.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

originalmadkilla #22 Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16339 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 17 October 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

If a record is mathematically impossible to beat, what’s the point in trying? Seasons would somewhat address that but the all time record would invalidate the seasonal record as being the best. The only way to correlate the 2 would be to use percentages of the maximum possible damage against damage dealt. This would be impossible in blitz due to engine fires, ammo racks and ramming potential. I don’t know if there is an answer that would please everyone but I do appreciate the different opinions and discussions about it.

I suppose we could say the same thing about this game in a few years time from now, since there will have been countless nerfs, buffs and changes to the tanks + the meta will have changed. Maps come and go etc.:playing:

An argument can be made that if the game is changing so drastically and randomly from time to time, then what's the point of bothering to get any records at all, since they could very well be invalidated in the future, and they will mean nothing.

Should a player's hall of fame achievement be invalidated simply because some Russian or whatever got up on the wrong side of the bed one morning, after drinking too much vodka the night before, and they decide to nerf and cripple half of the game, which is precisely what has happened before? (the crippling and nerfing part):justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 18 October 2019 - 05:39 AM.

BlitzStats #23 Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostJaq___, on 17 October 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

a) Please don't remove the all time records. I spent a lot of time sending in that info and am particularly proud of some of them. b) However, having a yearly one as well seems like fun. 

a) I won't; I know a bunch of folks have put in great efforts.

b) I think so too, and at the end of the day, that's what matters, right?

View Postminitel_NA, on 18 October 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

How about a rolling period ? After one year, any record falls into the “all time record” and leave space to the younger record available.

im sure is a bit more implementation, but it feels less arbitrary than having the record hall totally empty every nov 1st .

on the other hand maybe the afficionados would rush and spend every November chasing the fresh  hall of fame entries ? 
hmm well, I’m not really the target user here, so just my 2 cents ...

Rolling period achieves a similar thing as the seasons I think, it has the advantages that the HoF frontpage wont suddenly go empty, and isn't based on some arbitrary cut-off dates (so in theory might track nerfs/buffs a bit better too), but at the same time takes away some of the 'blank slate' effect which I think makes the seasons implementation more of an 'event'.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

ZebraUp #24 Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:05 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 29471 battles
  • [_UF_]
I think No... leave the records as they are so you are not making all the efforts of those who worked hard to get the records & then spent the time & trouble to upload the screenshots and replays to your wonderful site only to see all their work tossed into the trash.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

CHARIOT_0F_STEEL #25 Posted 20 October 2019 - 04:58 AM

Private

• Players
  • 26564 battles
  • [CALI]

Please don't!!! Many people dont save replays and there is a bug where replays are not saved. Screen shotting the results is the only way for many of us. Pls do not change it. 

Cafe17951 #26 Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26605 battles
  • [-GP-]
Although it has nothing to do with the hall of fame, have you not thought about making a Spanish version of your page, if you want I can help you translate it?

Facebook News Page about the World of Tanks Blitz: Blitz News NA

BlitzStats #27 Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostZebraUp, on 18 October 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

I think No... leave the records as they are so you are not making all the efforts of those who worked hard to get the records & then spent the time & trouble to upload the screenshots and replays to your wonderful site only to see all their work tossed into the trash.

I think this is covered by having the 'all time' records and seasons/yearly records.

View PostCHARIOT_0F_STEEL, on 20 October 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

Please don't!!! Many people dont save replays and there is a bug where replays are not saved. Screen shotting the results is the only way for many of us. Pls do not change it. 

Well people who want to participate in the Hall of Fame will need to start enabling replays. It has been the preferred method for about a year now, and the 'replays only' warning is up for all to see. As far as I'm aware, there's no reason not to have replays enabled at this stage?

As for a bug where replays are not saved - I guess this ought to be reported to WG. Is it the bug that replays are turned off after a new patch, or something else?

Screenshots have overhead and are less reliable - so avoiding them is a big plus. Also replays are necessary for seasons/yearly records.

I suppose it's possible we can leave screenshots available for 'all time' records and only allow replays for the rest.

View PostCafe17951, on 24 October 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Although it has nothing to do with the hall of fame, have you not thought about making a Spanish version of your page, if you want I can help you translate it?

There's no system to support translations for the site unfortunately. It's a lot of work. Maybe it will happen at some stage.

bbq100 #28 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 838 battles
  • [PINT]

Since most players may not be very familiar with posting their replays ( being used to posting screenshots only), it would be a good idea to list it out step-wise how to go about doing it. If this procedure is listed somewhere else on the forum, please help put the link here.

Thanks. 

BlitzStats #29 Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View Postbbq100, on 30 October 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Since most players may not be very familiar with posting their replays ( being used to posting screenshots only), it would be a good idea to list it out step-wise how to go about doing it. If this procedure is listed somewhere else on the forum, please help put the link here.

Thanks. 

I think the main issue here is that it can vary by device/OS.

There is a brief message on the upload form itself already:

"iOS users: Select the replay in-game, 'share', save to files, save on device. Then use the upload form here to upload it. Android and Steam/PC users should be able to save/upload replays without difficulties."

That's based on my own experiences, if other people have tips/advice on how to download replays and then upload/share them, I'll be happy to add notes etc as needed to make things clear.

VOLTUSCINCO365 #30 Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 44179 battles
  • [N1TRO]

hey guys I made a mistake introducing the damage value while uploading an image on hall of fame.I

It went an extra number on Lycan i try to put 4098 instead were an extra number 40989....

Is any way to take it off????

thank you in advance

TonnerreCadien #31 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47335 battles
  • [HAHA]
This is purely selfish, but I do hope the All-Time records stand. They don't seem to be working at the moment. Also, my device is old, so I've never been able to save a replay - it comes out as an overhead view of the map?!!??? In any case, I get why you'd want to go to "Seasons," but if the All-Time is gone, then I need to insert King Arthur saying "You make me sad" here.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

srennon #32 Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 38441 battles
  • [AXOP]
I also noticed the all time stats have disappeared.   Was just wondering if it is a glitch or  the all time stats are being reset as well? 

dport02 #33 Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33713 battles
  • [-FE4R]

I hate to be rude, but I hate how the it’s set up now. I can’t even send in screenshots, and uploading a replay is nearly impossible. Please make it how it used to be.

I uploaded my replay to “save files” and when I try to upload it, it says error and that’s it.

RNG is rigged !

CA_vampire #34 Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 29688 battles
  • [MOMB]

Perhaps keep the all time stats and also have annual stats (2020-01-01 to 2020-12-31 and so on).

But why start in November? It's better to start on January 1st. 

No Mercy / No Malice

BlitzStats #35 Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 30 November 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

This is purely selfish, but I do hope the All-Time records stand. They don't seem to be working at the moment. Also, my device is old, so I've never been able to save a replay - it comes out as an overhead view of the map?!!??? In any case, I get why you'd want to go to "Seasons," but if the All-Time is gone, then I need to insert King Arthur saying "You make me sad" here.

As long as wotinspector.com can read the replay file it shouldn't matter that it doesn't play back on your device. See below re all time.

View Postsrennon, on 30 November 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

I also noticed the all time stats have disappeared.   Was just wondering if it is a glitch or  the all time stats are being reset as well? 

View Postdport02, on 30 November 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

I hate to be rude, but I hate how the it’s set up now. I can’t even send in screenshots, and uploading a replay is nearly impossible. Please make it how it used to be.

I uploaded my replay to “save files” and when I try to upload it, it says error and that’s it.

Unless the awesome wotinspector.com guys decide to revoke replays access from BlitzStars, there will be no more screenshots accepted. Replays are just better in every way from my end, and most ways for users too (particularly the integrity of the system). I'm not sure how uploading a replay is 'nearly impossible' as there have been a good thousand or more uploaded in the last few days.

The upload form isn't ideal, and is perhaps a bit buggy in some cases, but it basically works. You can also just upload directly to wotinspector.com and then just submit the link to that on BlitzStars (replay submit 2nd form/text input takes those links).

View PostCA_vampire, on 01 December 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Perhaps keep the all time stats and also have annual stats (2020-01-01 to 2020-12-31 and so on).

But why start in November? It's better to start on January 1st. 

Dates are always fairly arbitrary. This way, people have the holiday seasons to fill up the HoF nice and early so it isn't just a barren wasteland for too long. (It always takes a while for things to settle.)

(I appreciate it's maybe not holidays for everyone, but for 90%+ BlitzStars' users November/December/January are prime months.)

It could always change next year if loads of people hate it this way, who knows...

To summarise

Chaps chaps chaps... this thread, and a big red banner on every BlitzStars page, has been up for well over a month. That was the prime time for feedback!

All Time Records

These exist still; if you don't see them it just means you're seeing an outdated version of BlitzStars. Maybe try a refresh or two of the HoF page, and you should see the option.

EDIT: Oh, there is a bug at the moment where 'all time' records aren't listing. I'll sort that when I have a moment.

EDIT EDIT: Should be fixed now hopefully; all time stats should be there when you select them. If you don't see a way to select them, refresh to make sure you have the latest version of the BlitzStars webapp loaded in your browser. I'll keep an eye on things.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The 'all time' records seemingly are still occasionally not displaying. Looks like some problem with caching. As a temporary workaround you can just select a different region etc and go back and it should load properly.

Edited by BlitzStats, 02 December 2019 - 01:50 PM.

_Crusader6_ #36 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:05 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68330 battles
  • [DEF]
Cleaned it up.  Thx Sock. 

Tank Hoarder: 406 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Roberto577_One #37 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 11839 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostBlitzStats, on 16 October 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

I'd also likely completely disable 'screenshot proofs' and only allow replays - makes everything much easier. I assume that 99.9% of people's initial replay issues are resolved these days? (performance issues)

I am actually unable to access my replay folder on my main computer, would it be acceptable to record a replay using something like Windows Game Center and submitting the recording?

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

BlitzStats #38 Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostRoberto577_One, on 02 December 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

I am actually unable to access my replay folder on my main computer, would it be acceptable to record a replay using something like Windows Game Center and submitting the recording?

It needs to be the replay file itself; this is what wotinspector.com parses to read data about the match - the player in question, their battle stats, etc etc etc. It is what allows the process to be fully automated. Hopefully you're able to find a work-around for your issue (maybe can share directly from in-game? not sure how the pc version works).

minitel_NA #39 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostRoberto577_One, on 02 December 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

from in game, chose your replay and chose export, send it to wotinspector.com. You can do it several ways, it’s explained on the site, but for exemple:

• to a discord server with wotbot or serbot installed, including wotinspector’s own discord replay channel.
  • by email to replays@wotinspector.com

from there you can access your replay on the website.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users