lycan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

alphablob #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30819 battles
  • [MOM]

Both blitz stars and blitzhangar have info on both tanks. Have you taken a look yet?

The Lycan seems a lot like an IS/Lupus hybrid. Very similar gun reload, damage, penetration and handling. Similar mobility, but obviously good gun depression and elevation. Similar mobility, but the armor seems potentially sturdier.

What's special about the Lycan is that it's internal modules are "practically indestructable", which probably means very high hp. I wondering what modules are considered external — anything other than the tracks? Also, the turret traverse speed is 3rd best among tier 7 heavies at around 37 d/s, which will help make that sluggish aim time a little more workable.

Finally, there's an interesting blurb in the news section about the Lycan getting a speed boost and getting up the 20 k/h in 2-3 seconds. That's either a reference to a regular speed boost, but perhaps also a speed boost from the new game mode, but there's a CHANCE the Lycan is getting the higher-end speed boost, same as the US and Brit heavies. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 10.47.50 PM.png   44.85K

Edited by alphablob, 17 October 2019 - 09:24 PM.

Camo net is for cowards.

Absolute_Sniper #2 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37318 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postalphablob, on 17 October 2019 - 02:07 AM, said:

Both blitz stars and blitzhangar have info on both tanks. Have you taken a look yet?

The Lycan seems a lot like an IS/Lupus hybrid. Very similar gun reload, damage, penetration and handling. Similar mobility, but obviously good gun depression and elevation. Similar mobility, but the armor seems potentially sturdier.

What's special about the Lycan is that it's internal modules are "practically indestructable", which probably means very high hp. I wondering what modules are considered external — anything other than the tracks? Also, the turret traverse speed is 3rd best among tier 7 heavies at around 37 d/s, which will help make that sluggish aim time a little more workable.

Finally, there's an interesting blurb in the news section about the Lycan getting a speed boost and getting up the 20 k/h in 2-3 seconds. That's either a reference to a regular speed boost, but perhaps also a speed boost from the new game mode, but there's a CHANCE the Lycan is getting the higher-end speed boost, same as the US and Brit heavies. 

I don’t think the speed boost is from an item. I think it’s just got a high power to weight ratio and gets up to top speed quickly. Much like the Cent. Not great top speed but it gets there fast. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

IronBehemoth #3 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8322 battles
  • [COTB]

View Postalphablob, on 17 October 2019 - 02:07 AM, said:

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 17 October 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

I don’t think the speed boost is from an item. I think it’s just got a high power to weight ratio and gets up to top speed quickly. Much like the Cent. Not great top speed but it gets there fast. 

I think the indestructable modules means its very difficult to ammorack/set on fire.

As for the speed boost, could you post the blurb? Off of the blitzhangar stats, the power to weight ratio is mediocre.

alphablob #4 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30819 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostIronBehemoth, on 17 October 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

I think the indestructable modules means its very difficult to ammorack/set on fire.

As for the speed boost, could you post the blurb? Off of the blitzhangar stats, the power to weight ratio is mediocre.

And the gun is mentioned as one module that doesn't break. So I'm assuming engine, ammo rack and fuel tanks will be indestructable. Not sure if turret ring or viewports are or aren't. And I guess crew members are going to be mortal after all?

Edited by alphablob, 17 October 2019 - 03:16 AM.

Camo net is for cowards.

alphablob #5 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30819 battles
  • [MOM]

Camo net is for cowards.

Boomer625 #6 Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:17 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12029 battles
  • [MARDR]

Weaknesses- obviously the lower plate of the pike nose- from my experiance fighting against the tank, the upper plate and turret are very hard to pen.

I have fought the new tank in the Kv1s’s 122 mm gun, which can pen the lower plate. If one cannot pen the lower plate, the exposed tracks ]can be damaged through HE or AP shells

back and rear are quite easily pennable from my experiances- if the the Lycan is facing you try using the turn around ability so the sides/back is exposed

DestructSean #7 Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95 battles
Anyone getting the hang of the Lycan. It seems ok enough, but I’m slow learning to do well in it. The turret seems troll, but that LFP monstrousity makes you plan your advances in the open.   

alphablob #8 Posted 20 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30819 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostDestructSean, on 20 October 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Anyone getting the hang of the Lycan. It seems ok enough, but I’m slow learning to do well in it. The turret seems troll, but that LFP monstrousity makes you plan your advances in the open.   

I've had issues penning it even from the sides at least in Uprising battles. I don't think armor is a problem for the Lycan. Can you think of a better armor profile at tier 7?

Camo net is for cowards.

DestructSean #9 Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95 battles

View Postalphablob, on 20 October 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

I've had issues penning it even from the sides at least in Uprising battles. I don't think armor is a problem for the Lycan. Can you think of a better armor profile at tier 7?

Not many. I’ve played with it a bit in armor inspector and it’s a tough, reliable pen for even tier 8 heavies. It has a few spots that seem like a good target in the turret, but aren’t so when I shoot them in the training room. If you shoot between the turret and upper plates with HE, you can get some nice splash damage, but HEAT, AP and APCR doesn’t reliably pen there. If you face hug someone, forget about it if you wiggle the turret slightly. I got face hugged by a full health IS last night and he couldn’t pen me at all. Unfortunately, his dead carcass was difficult to maneuver around afterwards. Like the OBJ252U, if you guard that lower plate, you are a formidable target.

The gun handling isn’t bad. I seemed to hit the mark much better than I figured based on its stats. I was able to reliably hit the hatch on a 59-Patton and Chieftain multiple times last night. I auto-aimed my shot and poked out when they topped the hill. I could hit them and back up before they got their gun down and aimed at me. Sometimes the reload seems to take longer than necessary. Although, the DPM seems ok when compared to the comparable same tier heavy tanks. It just feels longer bc I rarely play a tier 7 heavy with a 400 alpha gun. The aim time takes forever though. I usually run refined gun and supercharge on many of my heavy tanks. Why? I find I hit more shots reliably with the extra speed and smaller reticle since I fully aim as much as possible. I don’t want to waste a high alpha gun reload. Unfortunately, the aim time is noticeably worse without EGLD and VStab mounted.

The mobility is decent for a Tier 7 heavy. Point of reference, Tiger I has more top end, but the Lycan gets there quicker. So it can feel like a heavium at times. It can climb the Middleburg hills like a champ. It’s traverse is solid for a heavy and it’s turret traverse is enough to prevent being COD’d.

So far, I’m enjoying the tank. Hopefully I get better in it before the majority get better playing against it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users