Fastest way to max out crew skills (mentor)

crew skills mentor skills crew training max out fastest

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Fastest way to max out crew skills (5 members have cast votes)

Fastest way to max out crew skills (mentor)

1. Buy a premium medium tank (2 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Spend gold on crew accelertaion (1 vote [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Free to play (spend extra time, master out your faviorite tanks and enjoy the wins) (2 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Join the clan, get personal supply (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Something else, will add the comment to post (1 vote [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

RemiFad #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:39 AM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

What is the fastest way to max out crew skills?

For example, I want to max out Mentor skill first, as fast as possible. 

1. Should I buy a premium medium tank?
    • I yes, then which one? (I like M4, T-34, Strv m/42 because of gun depression, hull down and close-combat style of game, also the circle of death approach if I have a rotation speed advantage)
  2. Should I spend gold on crew acceleration?
  3. Is it ok to stick on free to play approach and continue to play tier 2 - 5 mediums (e.g. mastered: M4, T-34, Strv m/42).
  4. Something else. E.g. joining a clan, personal supply etc ... I'm not joined to any clans yet.

Crew Skills.jpg

Additional info: I have 2800 gold and not planning to buy if it's not strongly recommended. In general, I have tanks from tier 2 to 6. Also, I have Lycan (tier 7). The general plan is to max out crew skills before I will go higher tiers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ylak86sDoA

Edited by RemiFad, 28 October 2019 - 09:56 AM.

Befallen2 #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24210 battles
  • [J2512]
Mentor is hard to max out especially since it doesn't actually do anything to improve your tank. You'll probably need to get a premium medium tank that really wins a lot. You can start with a Matilda IV or a Panzer V/IV since they're always in the store then wait for something like a Cromwell B or T54 Mod 1 to come in the store. Alternatively, you buy some Dracula crates right now and see if you get lucky.

WipWapJaws #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 49191 battles
  • [WKD]

Play lots as it will take thousands apon thousands of games to max it out.  I cant remember what it took me 15-20k matches maybe.  And many in tank types you dont like (heavies for me).

Clans are useful for supplies but I dont think they make a difference to crew skills.

U can spend gold to execrate but personally I wouldnt, as it seems a waste of gold to me

I would use the crew xp boosters

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16392 battles
  • [III-C]

You are putting alot of emphasis into a (max) 7% bonus to crew skill advancement...

Repair, followed by Clutch Braking (especially if you use turretless TDs ) are the skills I personally pump the most xp into. 

I mean I see your logic, and it's good logic, but the skills that affect your performance will help you the most.

Explixiit_ #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

Wannabe unicum

• Players
  • 25335 battles
  • [-RVG-]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 28 October 2019 - 05:23 AM, said:

Play lots as it will take thousands apon thousands of games to max it out.  I cant remember what it took me 15-20k matches maybe.  And many in tank types you dont like (heavies for me).

how? My skills are all at 4-5.

1014855156.png

So basically I legit don't ever look at the forum anymore because I mainly look at it during school. My school banned the site you go to log in and I couldn't post, and I'd rather devote my time when on my home computer to playing the game. So yeah basically why I vanished from the forum. Its not like I posted a lot anyways lol 

my crappy stats= here

and for the life of me I cant find a pfp that is small, this one is getting old 

_Zakalwe_ #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27327 battles
  • [AGILE]
 In theory it's a good one to research early since it accelerates everything else. But someone once did the maths and worked out that it wasn't worth emphasising Mentor beyond level IV or V, I forget exactly.

acrisis #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21028 battles
  • [III-C]

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, in theory it seems like a good idea to get 7% extra on everything else, but it takes a very long time to get there, once you reach level 4-5, and in the mean time you’d not benefit from more beneficial driving skills. 

Overall, prioritize  skills that decrease dispersion on the move, allow for faster traverse, ... 

Since the initial 1-2% crew skills move fast, just get a few tank types and get a couple % in across the board, then you can prioritize some over others, up to a point, like after completing level 5, where you have to weigh if it is worth it to spend x amount of time on getting some to 6 or 7 ... versus leveling some others up quicker than getting one maxxed. 

Premium time and premium tanks can help, but there are aslo boosters. The strv does not seem strong enough to recommend as a premium. The holidays are comingnup so there will likely be sales. Whatever you do, I don’t recommend butning gold, silver or freexp or anything of value or real money equivalent on crew skills. They come fast enough with play. 

There are a couple topics on which skills are more valuable, ... 

This is one of the more popular topics.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/69119-panzers-better-guide-to-choosing-crew-skills/

Some veterans may do the order slightly different, and don’t take it as oh do this one entirely. No, level up the better rated ones first. Let’s say there’s a top 123 among 5, hit those better three to 111 222 333 then re-evaluate, ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

RemiFad #8 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

Thank you all for the response!

According to Littlefinger calculations, you will save ~25k battles, if you maximize Mentor skill first: https://youtu.be/4Ylak86sDoA?t=926

I know, this 25k is the theoretical number and actually you want to play different tanks types and levels, boosters, premium days etc and have a fun time while doing it (grinding only Mentor skill is not fun).

I guess I will get the skills all up to level 4 minimum first (at least important skills).

__Frostbite #9 Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:07 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30187 battles
  • [-0]

Don't bother getting Mentor maxed out before focusing on other medium tank skills. Technically, it can save you time, but you'll lose a lot more time grinding that out and not having other crew skills that are really important, especially the ones that decrease the aiming circle while you're moving, or just decrease dispersion in general. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WipWapJaws #10 Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:47 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 49191 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostExplixiit_, on 28 October 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

how? My skills are all at 4-5.

my math is probably off,  it’s been a while since I maxed them out.  Either way it’s a long grind

acrisis #11 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21028 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRemiFad, on 28 October 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Thank you all for the response!

According to Littlefinger calculations, you will save ~25k battles, if you maximize Mentor skill first: https://youtu.be/4Ylak86sDoA?t=926

I know, this 25k is the theoretical number and actually you want to play different tanks types and levels, boosters, premium days etc and have a fun time while doing it (grinding only Mentor skill is not fun).

I guess I will get the skills all up to level 4 minimum first (at least important skills).

Theoretically.

Yes, you would save.

But, the importance is far less, it takes a much smaller number of battles, because this is WOTB.

In his example that would be saving 25000 battles on what? 250000 battles overall?? Who would not be burned out by then? 

Anyhow, it takes far less long in WOTB. 

I have 20k battles, probably 7 skills maxed. The rest of them are at level 5, including mentor. 

Winning is more important than grinding mentor, because winning gets the most credits and xp.

And, in order to win, there are skillset percentages that are far more valuable than mentor. 

So, go for the most important ones, level them up to let’s say three, including mentor, then go from there. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Morphman11 #12 Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
Who grinds out the skills? That's stupid. Just spend the credits and max the skills out. Everyone should have a premium tank by now even if you spend nothing. If you haven't then you have received enough chances to get one and you don't get to cry.

CK_GoldenNuggets #13 Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:05 PM

Official Tournament Trainer

• Players
  • 31201 battles
  • [GLXY]

Theres two main ways to approach this:
1.) Max out the most important skills to improve your gameplay and therefore improve how well you do each game. (Increasing your overall crew exp per game)
2.) Max out Mentor and then in the long run you will have 6% faster grinding of all following crew skills.
While #2 is technically the much faster way, due to saving so much free exp in the long run, someone above already pointed out that grinding just Mentor is a bad idea because it limits your gameplay as you get no additional skill or abilities while grinding it, which will make it a long and annoying grind.

For myself, I recommend strat #1 - Grind the best game improving skills to help you win games more and get more exp in the long run.

That being said:
1.) If you are going to buy a premium tank, get a tier 8 heavy / medium to really get the best for your money. They give the best credit&Exp bang for your buck.
2.) Never spend gold on crew excelleration, its a huge waste of your money.

3.) Being free to play is fine, theres nothing wrong with it, just means your (all 0 - 7)  crew skills grind will probably take an extra 6 months to a year to complete.
4.) Joining a clan for the clan supply doesnt really help that much, it does get you an IS5 tier 8 prem for around 1500 gold, so thats good, but other than that it doesnt help too much with clan supply.

Overall, crew skills have much less of an impact on your overall game play than having all 9 equipment slots, and making sure to run +10crew and speed consumables or adrenaline.
If they mean that much to you, just follow one of the strats above you will get there as fast as you otherwise could.
Goodluck

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

RonaldusMaximus_ #14 Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:45 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16392 battles
  • [III-C]
Dan_deerso just posted a really good explanation in General Discussion.. Great math with graphs! 

RemiFad #15 Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:35 AM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 29 October 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

Dan_deerso just posted a really good explanation in General Discussion.. Great math with graphs! 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/105928-is-mentor-worth-it-my-findings/

Yfilc #16 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12321 battles
  • [DD-R]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 28 October 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

I would use the crew xp boosters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users