crates

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

tedg5 #21 Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:18 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 52972 battles
  • [AGOGO]
I’m not paying for a “chance” to get something. So no purchased crates for me. :justwait:

Gavidoc01 #22 Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 45299 battles
  • [III]

I buy crates, see nothing wrong with crates nor view them as gambling. It all comes down to a value proposition. Since introduced, I've never spent money on crates where i didn't get an equal or greater value of in-game goods for the money spent.

I don't view them as gambling because while not the strict definition, to gamble is to risk something with a probability of not getting anything in return. Scratch off lottery tickets fit this because even though you can win something, there is no guarantee you will.  With crates, you are guaranteed something of value in return every time you open one.

I don't view the crates as a way to get tanks. I view crates as a way to diversify what I spend cash on that I was planning on spending anyway. If I get a tank, great. If I don't, I'm not disappointed. 

I will typically do the 3 for 2 deal. Sometimes I'll buy a $50 bundle of them. Depends on if I was planning on spending money or not. The tank offered doesn't play into the decision making.

I have received 4 total tanks with the 1st crate, the only two I remember are: Chieftain Mk.6 and the 121b.

Edited by Gavidoc01, 31 October 2019 - 01:39 PM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

originalmadkilla #23 Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16290 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostGavidoc01, on 31 October 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

I buy crates, see nothing wrong with crates nor view them as gambling. It all comes down to a value proposition. Since introduced, I've never spent money on crates where i didn't get an equal or greater value of in-game goods for the money spent.

I don't view them as gambling because while not the strict definition, to gamble is to risk something with a probability of not getting anything in return. Scratch off lottery tickets fit this because even though you can win something, there is no guarantee you will.  With crates, you are guaranteed something of value in return every time you open one.

I don't view the crates as a way to get tanks. I view crates as a way to diversify what I spend cash on that I was planning on spending anyway. If I get a tank, great. If I don't, I'm not disappointed. 

I will typically do the 3 for 2 deal. Sometimes I'll buy a $50 bundle of them. Depends on if I was planning on spending money or not. The tank offered doesn't play into the decision making.

I have received 4 total tanks with the 1st crate, the only two I remember are: Chieftain Mk.6 and the 121b.

I view them as gambling, because nobody is buying any crates to get any lousy boosters or something else worthless in return.:playing:

They're buying the crates because they want the tank. Of course, the chance of getting that tank is very low.

I guess it depends how you define value, because boosters or a small amount of gold or whatever else is given out in the crates has very little value for me, and I certainly wouldn't want to pay any money to get a pile of credits or gold or boosters or avatars or whatever else can be found in the crates if it's not a tank.:justwait:

_Cletus #24 Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:04 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27031 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 31 October 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

I view them as gambling, because nobody is buying any crates to get any lousy boosters or something else worthless in return.:playing:

They're buying the crates because they want the tank. Of course, the chance of getting that tank is very low.

I guess it depends how you define value, because boosters or a small amount of gold or whatever else is given out in the crates has very little value for me, and I certainly wouldn't want to pay any money to get a pile of credits or gold or boosters or avatars or whatever else can be found in the crates if it's not a tank.:justwait:

If you don't get the tank you end up getting a nice amount of gold and/or those awesome certificates for free xp.  Not the free xp booster, the free xp cert.  That's what makes them worth it, especially the three for the price of two deals.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

originalmadkilla #25 Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16290 battles
  • [OMK]

View Post_Cletus, on 31 October 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

If you don't get the tank you end up getting a nice amount of gold and/or those awesome certificates for free xp.  Not the free xp booster, the free xp cert.  That's what makes them worth it, especially the three for the price of two deals.

It might be worth it for some, but not for me.:playing:

I don't pay for random gold to be sitting in my account and especially not free XP, I already got plenty of that.:justwait:

Also tagged with crates

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users