Jump to content


rework match making?

MM

  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: does WG need to fix MM? (21 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do teams need to be actually balanced to lessen the amount of one sided slaughters?

  1. Strongly agree (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.29%

  2. Agree (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.05%

  3. Disagree (1 vote [4.76%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.76%

  4. Strongly disagree (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 52.38%

  5. Could care less (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Hide poll

bob_world #1 Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

anyone want more of a challenge to the game, so you don't either have to hard carry a team or do nothing to win?

Lets find out what the community thinks of making teams actually balanced. how this can be done is either up to us to give options or Wargaming to choose.


Edited by bob_world, 04 November 2019 - 07:47 PM.


Dark_Magician_Girl #2 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 38310 battles
  • 5,165
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016
What I want, is to be rewarded for when I do work hard.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


_Weeping_Angel_ #3 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Don’t Blink

  • Players
  • 57937 battles
  • 1,717
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    02-09-2015

Define balanced? 

 

WG has already gotten rid of 3 tier battles with removal of the +2/-2 MM system.  They got rid of "interesting matchups" where tank types were completely unbalanced.  They even fixed games where tiers were not equal.  What more do you want to make them balanced?  I don't think that WG is the problem.



bob_world #4 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 04 November 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Define balanced? 

 

WG has already gotten rid of 3 tier battles with removal of the +2/-2 MM system.  They got rid of "interesting matchups" where tank types were completely unbalanced.  They even fixed games where tiers were not equal.  What more do you want to make them balanced?  I don't think that WG is the problem.

i would not call those actual balances, they just made the game playable for bad players, so they don't rage that they cant do anything.  they don't fix the system itself



bob_world #5 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 04 November 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

What I want, is to be rewarded for when I do work hard.

if teams are more balances if you do exceptionally well and make great plays, it will mean more for your team.  with the current system you can do a ridiculous job and lose by a mile.  if MM is fixed it could possible remove that from happening, if you do that well you will actually have a better chance to win if teams are more balanced.


Edited by bob_world, 04 November 2019 - 08:20 PM.


Ronin_23 #6 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17123 battles
  • 558
  • [-RGN-]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
The problem is the players not the MM. There simply aren't enough unicums to go around for everyone to have good teams.

bob_world #7 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View PostRonin_23, on 04 November 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

The problem is the players not the MM. There simply aren't enough unicums to go around for everyone to have good teams.

no one ever said there would be the same amount of unicums on each team, they would just possibly put worse players on the team with more unicums.



BorisBaddenov #8 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 24608 battles
  • 8,446
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

anyone want more of a challenge to the game, so you don't either have to hard carry a team or do nothing to win?

Lets find out what the community thinks of making teams actually balanced. how this can be done is either up to us to give options or Wargaming to choose.

 

Can you please describe how you would suggest balancing the teams?

 

Those of us who do the forums a lot have seen this suggestion about every other month or so.  I'm usually amazed that the person posting the idea has not given it any real thought.  Maybe you are different.   So - how would this work?

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


ShootinSabot #9 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:00 PM

    Excelling at Mediocrity

  • Players
  • 21248 battles
  • 1,064
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2016

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 04 November 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

Define balanced? 

 

WG has already gotten rid of 3 tier battles with removal of the +2/-2 MM system.  They got rid of "interesting matchups" where tank types were completely unbalanced.  They even fixed games where tiers were not equal.  What more do you want to make them balanced?  I don't think that WG is the problem.

I am with the Angel on this one. MM is in a good place right now. I do know that there are unwinnable battles and unlosable ones as well. It is the 40% ( I think that is the right number) that are up in the air and depend on my skill level that keep me coming back.


                                      

Full time Spud, part time potato 

              Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 


bob_world #10 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 04 November 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

 

Can you please describe how you would suggest balancing the teams?

 

Those of us who do the forums a lot have seen this suggestion about every other month or so.  I'm usually amazed that the person posting the idea has not given it any real thought.  Maybe you are different.   So - how would this work?

 

 

Peace-

Boris

well there are many options on how teams could be balanced, remove the forced toon vs toon could be a requirement, add some way to rank players skill with individual numbers (possibly like ratings) and try to make each teams rating more even than just randomly throw teams together with the chance to put 6 unicums on one and almost nothing that good on the other.



BorisBaddenov #11 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 24608 battles
  • 8,446
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

well there are many options on how teams could be balanced, remove the forced toon vs toon could be a requirement, add some way to rank players skill with individual numbers (possibly like ratings) and try to make each teams rating more even than just randomly throw teams together with the chance to put 6 unicums on one and almost nothing that good on the other.

 

Yes - there are many options.    We already have raiting battles - so you could play those if you want more 'balanced' teams. 

 

But you really have not proposed any changes - just a mild complaint that you think the MM needs changing.  And that you want the MM "balanced".

 

Come'on - pony up something other than a whinny  :)

 

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


boris55555 #12 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:24 PM

    Honary Doctor of Meh

  • Players
  • 25181 battles
  • 2,628
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016
Meh, but what about the poor bastards that get me.  Team green is constantly cursed. Like the Washington generals.
Snickering dickering still. The Tiger ran up the hill.

The Dicker shot four.

The Tiger’s HP’s no more.

Snickering dickering still. (Abridged)

 

bob_world #13 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 04 November 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

 

Yes - there are many options.    We already have raiting battles - so you could play those if you want more 'balanced' teams. 

 

But you really have not proposed any changes - just a mild complaint that you think the MM needs changing.  And that you want the MM "balanced".

 

Come'on - pony up something other than a whinny  :)

 

 

 

Peace-

Boris

im just trying to get people to speak up about the problem; i would play more ratings if people were not total jerks about stuff.  ratings is cancer because of how the players treat others.  like you, picking on people when you dont see a reason behind it.  Why do you think NA server is the smallest, because no one stays!  how can they get people to stay? have better teams maybe?  ask those who left the game why they did.  typical seal clubber.


Edited by bob_world, 04 November 2019 - 09:32 PM.


BorisBaddenov #14 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:40 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 24608 battles
  • 8,446
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

im just trying to get people to speak up about the problem; i would play more ratings if people were not total jerks about stuff.  ratings is cancer because of how the players treat others.  like you, picking on people when you dont see a reason behind it.  Why do you think NA server is the smallest, because no one stays!  how can they get people to stay? have better teams maybe?  ask those who left the game why they did.  typical seal clubber.

 

So you don't have a suggestion to improve the MM?

 

And somehow you think I'm picking on you?

 

 

Peace-

Boris

 

 


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


bob_world #15 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17633 battles
  • 13
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 04 November 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

So you don't have a suggestion to improve the MM?

 

And somehow you think I'm picking on you?

 

 

Peace-

Boris

 

 

when did i ever say I had the suggest to fix the problem?  Why should i be the one to fix a game I play? All I should have to do is show what the community wants.  Or do you think that every individual person should complain about every individual problem when they have stupid ideas on how to fix it when they have no clue what will work?  What do you think beta testing is for?



BorisBaddenov #16 Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 24608 battles
  • 8,446
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

when did i ever say I had the suggest to fix the problem?  Why should i be the one to fix a game I play? All I should have to do is show what the community wants.  Or do you think that every individual person should complain about every individual problem when they have stupid ideas on how to fix it when they have no clue what will work?  What do you think beta testing is for?

 

Oh .. I thought that because you posted in the "Suggestions and Feedback" forum - that you'd have a suggestion.   Golly - my bad there.

 

As far as showing what the community wants - seems your poll is proving that the community is ok with the MM as it is -- no?

 

I know what Beta testing is for - and WOTBlitz is very much past the Beta Test phase.  The game has been in GA for years now.  Beta was a long long time ago :)

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Vantablack12 #17 Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:27 PM

    Ugliest Player NA

  • Players
  • 12322 battles
  • 708
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

How much do you think MM needs changed? I think everyone here agrees that there are a few tiny things that need to be looked into. 

I don't know of any major issue with MM that would require a large fix, so what needs changed then? You posted this in the Suggestions and Feedback page, so you must have some sort of suggestion, right? 

Also what do you mean in your original post by saying "how this can be done is up to us to give options or WG can choose"? can you provide some more context for the giving options part?


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

Dan_Deerso #18 Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:27 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 26460 battles
  • 3,992
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013
No thanks. Games that are clearly stacked against me that I manage to grunt through anyways are what make this game worth playing.

Morphman11 #19 Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32 battles
  • 987
  • [2WEAK]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

well there are many options on how teams could be balanced, remove the forced toon vs toon could be a requirement, add some way to rank players skill with individual numbers (possibly like ratings) and try to make each teams rating more even than just randomly throw teams together with the chance to put 6 unicums on one and almost nothing that good on the other.

This moronic. Remove forced toon matching so platoons can just reign free and average around 80%+. If it has already been stated that skill based MM is not wanted. Barely a mediocre player at best. Every single battle is winnable. MM is fine, although I would prefer -2/+2 so I can fail toon in a tier 6 and do top dmg in tier 9 games. Play better and stop blaming mm. 90% of the time there is at least a 20% disparity between me and my teammates but I still win around 65% of the time even when I'm not playing seriously ex. spotting dmg only masteries and HE only.



_Weeping_Angel_ #20 Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:42 AM

    Don’t Blink

  • Players
  • 57937 battles
  • 1,717
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    02-09-2015

You think todays MM is not better than 3 years ago when a Comet could face 1 tier 8 and 5 tier 9s?  You think there is no improvement than when games could be set up 5 tds and 2 heavies against a bunch of lights?  You think todays MM is no better than when one team could have 3 top tier tanks and the other have 5?  He doesn't want to improve the MM. He is here to troll. 

 

WG cannot control players.  That is the issue.  The system right now rewards good play and players.  Over time they will win more games than bad players.  


Edited by _Weeping_Angel_, 05 November 2019 - 01:44 AM.






Also tagged with MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users