rework match making?

MM

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: does WG need to fix MM? (20 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do teams need to be actually balanced to lessen the amount of one sided slaughters?

1. Strongly agree (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. Agree (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Disagree (1 vote [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. Strongly disagree (10 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

5. Could care less (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Hide poll

bob_world #21 Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17633 battles
  • [CYCLN]
you could do stupid stuff and have fun with it back with +2-2.  From what i have seen in this whole post is some people are against some things and most others just don't want a change.  carry harder some say, to that i say no person in existence can carry something for extended periods of time without a slight slip ESPECIALLY when it comes to complex items.  so why don't those who believe in carrying harder to carry a pencil for 15 minutes, arms extended out in front of you, without wavering.  PEOPLE WERE FINE WITH MM THREE YEARS AGO, SAME THING WITH TODAY, if you think a small change will help the game then speak up!.  I made this forum page to hear the communities suggestions not my own, no one person should decide for others.

rosgrim #22 Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 77641 battles
  • [COD]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 05 November 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

You think todays MM is not better than 3 years ago when a Comet could face 1 tier 8 and 5 tier 9s?  You think there is no improvement than when games could be set up 5 tds and 2 heavies against a bunch of lights?  You think todays MM is no better than when one team could have 3 top tier tanks and the other have 5?  He doesn't want to improve the MM. He is here to troll. 

WG cannot control players.  That is the issue.  The system right now rewards good play and players.  Over time they will win more games than bad players.  

this.

MM is fine

If a decent player like me with 70k battle ( do you know what means change your stats whit such a huge number of battles ?) can constantly improve all the stats in last 2 years (and I know a lot of player doing that), it means that nothing is wrong with the MM.

On contrary.

You need just to be decent.

If you are better than decent it will reward you even more.

Sure everyone get negative days or horrible situations (the "classic" your team full of below 45% and may be a platoon of 40% vs all more than 50% and a platoon of unicum), but in the long term it works pretty well. 

Also when you get a bad team if you are able to win it will be very satisfying; more than if you would get 1 % more on your WR.  

May be something better (but in terms of game quality in high tiers not in terms of WR if you are thinking at that) could happen if WOTB had a different high tiers premium tank strategy, but forget about that since it is clear that it is not going to change.

Edited by rosgrim, 05 November 2019 - 05:44 AM.

acrisis #23 Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

well there are many options on how teams could be balanced, remove the forced toon vs toon could be a requirement, add some way to rank players skill with individual numbers (possibly like ratings) and try to make each teams rating more even than just randomly throw teams together with the chance to put 6 unicums on one and almost nothing that good on the other.

Removing the green toon red toon MM ruling will make games more balanced? 

... sure!  

You really did not think that one through did you? 
That rule was added because complaints of the opposite, that teams with an organized good platoon had an advantage over seven randoms. 

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

im just trying to get people to speak up about the problem; i would play more ratings if people were not total jerks about stuff.  ratings is cancer because of how the players treat others.  like you, picking on people when you dont see a reason behind it.  Why do you think NA server is the smallest, because no one stays!  how can they get people to stay? have better teams maybe?  ask those who left the game why they did.  typical seal clubber.

Please don’t use the word cancer in relation to the game and don’t negatively label other people. 

NA having been one of the two smallest servers can easily be related to half a dozen to dozen other reasons, besides MM. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

bob_world #24 Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17633 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Postacrisis, on 05 November 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Removing the green toon red toon MM ruling will make games more balanced? 

... sure!  

You really did not think that one through did you? 
That rule was added because complaints of the opposite, that teams with an organized good platoon had an advantage over seven randoms. 

Please don’t use the word cancer in relation to the game and don’t negatively label other people. 

NA having been one of the two smallest servers can easily be related to half a dozen to dozen other reasons, besides MM. 

you every think they added it to make specifically random battles better?  it did, but now they are just as bad as back then.  how may people do you see thankful to matchmaker? and how many hate it?

BorisBaddenov #25 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:23 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postbob_world, on 06 November 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

you every think they added it to make specifically random battles better?  it did, but now they are just as bad as back then.  how may people do you see thankful to matchmaker? and how many hate it?

Well, according to the results of YOUR OWN POLL only 20% agree with you. 

Peace-

Boris 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

__V_O_P__ #26 Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33867 battles
  • [CURSD]

View Postbob_world, on 07 November 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

people blame MM because then they aren’t to blame. 

but people is the biggest problem. 

Theroadrunner36 #27 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6717 battles
  • [-TSS-]

View Postbob_world, on 04 November 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

i would not call those actual balances, they just made the game playable for bad players, so they don't rage that they cant do anything.  they don't fix the system itself

They could make it so each team gets the same number of vehicle types....so done with the enemy team getting fv 183s, and my team getting an extra heavy in RBs and having the TD completely farm my teammates and me when we mess up. That would really improve MM and add for more fair games.

__V_O_P__ #28 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33867 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostTheroadrunner36, on 13 November 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

They could make it so each team gets the same number of vehicle types....so done with the enemy team getting fv 183s, and my team getting an extra heavy in RBs and having the TD completely farm my teammates and me when we mess up. That would really improve MM and add for more fair games.

and your queue time would be astronomical. 

Also tagged with MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users