• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

NMH1701 #1 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4001 battles
  • [UBER]

Testing Grounds

Just a warning, this is a fairly long post. If you like the idea but didn’t read it all out of times sake, just comment TL;DR. If you have any questions, expect fairly fast responses (under 24 hours most likely)

Everyone has all tier 4 tanks pre-unlocked for this mode.

Armor Training:

Select your tank. You have 30 seconds to “protect” your armor. After 30 seconds, your movement will be locked and your opponent will aim (2 seconds aim time) and fire. An algorithm will set it so that the tank will try to find a gray spot, and shoot it. If none found, it will just fire at a random armor point.

If the enemy penetrates, your camera will show the enemy tanks view of you, and where the shell hit. If you bounce the shot, you will move to the next difficulty level

I would insert the following sort of sequence, for opponent difficulty:
-1 tier LT/MT —> -1 tier TD/HT —> even tier LT/MT —> even tier TD/HT —> +1 tier LT/MT —> +1 tier TD/HT. This allows for a range of testing against various guns

Bonus level:
+2 tier TD. Grants the player (200*tier) base experience in the tank, whether the tank is unlocked or not, to be used if/when unlocked

Select a tank, starting at tier 4, to test armor. If you pass the above-mentioned tests, you can move on to “Gun Training”
Premiums can be used only if a tank at the same tier has been passed successfully on the bonus challenge.

Map thoughts:

The map should be small, consisting of an enclosed area that gives easy to get to areas for:

A) Hulldown
B) Sidescrape
C) Flat Ground
D) face-hug (An area directly where the opposing tank is situated, to allow for the effective use of some armor profiles that do not work at a distance)

The “opponent” will first fire a standard shell, then premium ammunition, on your armor, and will have locked movement. (No forward or backwards motion, just rotational abilities(The map will not have any easily abused hard cover areas.
Some tanks will have different gun calibers for opponents, to compensate for lack of armor.
After your 30 second “prep” is up, you can rotate but not move, as well, to make use of the 2 second aim time.If these seems too difficult, may be an idea to make passing conditions only standard ammunition, although still test premium ammunition on the armor strategy.
Premium ammunition blocked would be a must for the “bonus prize”

Gun Training:

The ability to insert a specific (+/-1 tier) tank into the room, in a mode not unlike training rooms, to see what sort of penetration your gun has, to learn armor profiles and have full access to gun statistics.Can only use tanks that you have COMPLETED the basic challenges in the Armor Testing

Possible addition:
Create a bot that has certain behaviors (hide behind building, peek out for x number of seconds, drive in a circle, ridge peek, etc. To simulate basic player actions. and train certain fundamental shooting patterns

Maps can be selected, global vision can be enabled or disabled.

Another (possible) addition:

Spotting Challenge

Only unlocked after Armor Training has been passed. When you spawn in, you have a “spotting range” on your tank. You can select a map, and select enemies to put into the map, at what locations (drag and drop “x” tank to location)
You can see the enemy tank’s spotting range. The goal is to spot the ENEMY without you, yourself getting spotted and/or shot.

Closing Notes

This is also on the Reddit, and has been spread around the Discord world. 
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I am on quite often, so most responses will be 24 hours or less. I will not respond to rude or explicit comments. I will respond to people that disagree, and won't be bothered. Remember, I WANT suggestions, I WANT ideas to make this better. I want to see this go somewhere!

Possible implementation to work with a subscription:

On creation of account, each player gets a 3-month trial period of this feature
All pre-existing players get 1 month of free trial
After the free trial ends, costs x number of dollars (I would say between 5-15 dollars, USD) per month, to play the mode

Community answers, responses, and points:
Idea:
Up the price by 10 or so dollars per month. Once you complete a certain amount of challenges (Designated by Wargaming) applies a 50% discount to premium tanks of that tier
This gives benefits for playing the gamemode a lot, and also allows Wargaming to safely heavily jack up prices on the current cost, to discourage new players for buying straight up without learning, save for the rich/stupid few.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:45 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [NOGUD]

I don’t agree with your statement that the game needs saving, so I did not read a single word of your drivel.

Peace-

Boris 

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 08 November 2019 - 12:57 AM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Prisoner26599 #3 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14706 battles
  • [LR1]
So basically, you want to create a new game. Your suggestions fix nothing. 

__V_O_P__ #4 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33195 battles
  • [CURSD]
TL;DR

Game doesn’t need saving...

Edited by __V_O_P__, 08 November 2019 - 01:23 AM.

j_rod #5 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:30 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 22793 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Honestly, nothing about these modes sound remotely enjoyable, not to mention the fact that I’m not going to pay more just to play a game mode that will likely have no players in queue. Hell, I loved realistic mode but even those queues were long and they didn’t cost anything.

I’m curious what players are actually supporting this idea.

MegumemeLXIX #6 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41489 battles
That "armor training" thing you described sounds like absolute hell. This game is already frustrating enough as it is, but to have your tank locked in place, thus making you a shell magnet is outright god awful.

Morphman11 #7 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Pay to play via a subscription. That will go over well. 

RonaldusMaximus_ #8 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8097 battles
  • [HAHA]
Uprising would bring more traffic, but I didn't know the game was in need of saving.. And you didn't even mention Jesus once! 

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

Absolute_Sniper #9 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37248 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

I don’t agree with your statement that the game needs saving, so I did not read a single word of your drivel.

Peace-

Boris 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

BorisBaddenov #10 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:55 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 November 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Uprising would bring more traffic, but I didn't know the game was in need of saving.. And you didn't even mention Jesus once! 

Gun Jesus

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

IronBehemoth #11 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8183 battles
  • [COTB]

players that care about improving will do so.

the majority of the window lickers that play the game have no drive to improve, and therefore won't.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 08 November 2019 - 02:20 AM.

_Cletus #12 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24859 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostIronBehemoth, on 07 November 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

players that care about improving will do so.

the majority of the window lickers that play the game have no drive to improve, and therefore won't.

If you included a minigame where you get XP for licking the screen x number of times in a minute this idea would probably be more popular.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

MegumemeLXIX #13 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41489 battles
I predict 3 times before the window aims properly and gets the killing shot

Ronin_23 #14 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16540 battles
  • [-RGN-]

I spend a lot of money on this game and would never pay for this.

I didn't like Mad Games, didn't like Realistic Mode, and didn't like Uprising.

I like standard battles. 7v7. One life, no stupid powers, no stupid restrictions on what I can or cannot do outside of the physics engine.

All I want is for standard battles to be better. Or a little less consistently awful let's say. That's it. That's the sole fix I need to be happy.

Gavidoc01 #15 Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:26 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42115 battles
  • [III]
game is in no need of saving. A more robust tutorial system would be beneficial but this isn't it.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Vantablack12 #16 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:42 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 12121 battles
  • [K9]

The game does not need saving. If the game had all players who were 50-60%, it would be tremendous fun.

It's the playerbase and WG's intentions with the game that need fixed.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:42 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Has the OP responded to any of the comments on his post?  He/she said they would do so within 24 hrs. 

Peace-

Boris

Absolute_Sniper #18 Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37248 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Has the OP responded to any of the comments on his post?  He/she said they would do so within 24 hrs. 

Peace-

Boris

With the warm welcome we’ve all given, are you surprised?

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

tedg5 #19 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:30 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50202 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View Postj_rod, on 08 November 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

Honestly, nothing about these modes sound remotely enjoyable, not to mention the fact that I’m not going to pay more just to play a game mode that will likely have no players in queue. Hell, I loved realistic mode but even those queues were long and they didn’t cost anything.

I’m curious what players are actually supporting this idea.

I think these are meant to be tutorials. Not a bad idea to have better tutorials, then give a nice reward for completing them. Early in your career credits are always scarce. :P

tedg5 #20 Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:32 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50202 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostVantablack12, on 08 November 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

The game does not need saving. If the game had all players who were 50-60%, it would be tremendous fun.

It's the playerbase and WG's intentions with the game that need fixed.

This is not possible....cause....math......

:sceptic:

Also tagged with Idea, suggestion, discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users