Rhm-B WT top gun not good?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Padre_ShadowRider #1 Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35589 battles
  • [GETIT]

I just got this gun : Gun15 cm Pak L/29.5  and it seems to put me at a real disadvantage: slow reload, questionable damage, long time to aim.   I tried to pen the back of an IS-5 and it bounced at close range.  Anyone else see this gun as an Emperor with no clothes? 

RommelTanker #2 Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4769 battles
  • [_DX2_]

The gun's strong suits are that it has an outrageous 367mm of HEAT pen with Calibrated Shells (for reference; there's nothing in the game it can't frontally pen excluding the IS-7 and IS-4) and the fact its gun handling is ridiculously good for a 15cm+ gun.

The tank itself also has easily some of the best camo of the Tier 8 TDs and is the only T8 TD with a fully traversing turret.

Something something insert joke here

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:12 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostRommelTanker, on 12 November 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

the only T8 TD with a fully traversing turret.

Skorp.

View PostPadre_ShadowRider, on 12 November 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

I just got this gun : Gun15 cm Pak L/29.5  and it seems to put me at a real disadvantage: slow reload, questionable damage, long time to aim.   I tried to pen the back of an IS-5 and it bounced at close range.  Anyone else see this gun as an Emperor with no clothes? 

I don't really see a downside to this gun. It is a 640 alpha gun (dunno how this is questionable), so obviously it will have a long reload. The accuracy is actually quite good for a derp. 

One incidence of RNG bending you over the kitchen table is hardly an excuse to dismiss a gun as "not good".

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

__Frostbite #4 Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:34 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25497 battles
  • [-0]

The gun makes a fair trade for its additional alpha with the extra reload, more dispersion, and lower AP pen (but higher premium and HE pen). 

You need to make the decision. Do you prefer a more reliable, consistent, yet arguably underwhelming gun (12,8 cm); or the more RNG dependent, slower derp gun that showers reds with hurt? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boomer625 #5 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12289 battles
  • [MARDR]
Do you want to damage an Spic with the 128 or obliterate it off thr planet with the 150 mm HE?

CK_GoldenNuggets #6 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29677 battles
  • [OXIDE]

By comparison to its first gun, the 15cm is a huge upgrade due to its alpha damage and HEAT pen.
In general for a tier 8 TD gun, both Borsig's guns are very lacklustre.

The 12.8cm is not competitive due to its very sub par dpm.

Then 15cm which everyone uses, gains dpm and alpha, but it has horrendous standard pen. Literally the worst tier 8 TD pen...
Then you have to spam gold to pen stuff and you do less damage with its, already sub par dpm... not great.

It also gets awful accuracy of 0.42, which is abysmal... Not just bad but, literally worse than all TDs and Heavies at tier 8, on par with the Vk100.
When Russian Heavies like the is5 have better base accuracy than your German TD, theres a problem.

I understand the borsig used to be hyper broken so they nerfed a variety of stats but its accuracy was a very bad choice.
They could have nerfed its HP, camo, aim time, DPM, but it should have the same 0.29 accuracy on the 15cm, that the 12.8cm gets.
Its effectively the Grille's Gun, yet it gets worse Accuracy than the Su101 at tier 8 which is using the is4's gun. Laughable.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Padre_ShadowRider #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35589 battles
  • [GETIT]

Block Quote

By comparison to its first gun, the 15cm is a huge upgrade due to its alpha damage and HEAT pen.
In general for a tier 8 TD gun, both Borsig's guns are very lacklustre.

Then 15cm which everyone uses, gains dpm and alpha, but it has horrendous standard pen. Literally the worst tier 8 TD pen...
Then you have to spam gold to pen stuff and you do less damage with its, already sub par dpm... not great. 

It also gets awful accuracy of 0.42, which is abysmal... Not just bad but, literally worse than all TDs and Heavies at tier 8, on par with the Vk100.
When Russian Heavies like the is5 have better base accuracy than your German TD, theres a problem. 

What then would you recommend as a way to grind up? And is the next tank WT worth it? 

CK_GoldenNuggets #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29677 battles
  • [OXIDE]
Way to grind up?
If you mean, how should you grind the borsig... use the top gun (15cm) stay at the back of the pack and snipe with that horrible accuracy and just cover your team the best you can.
Use HE on lights to do 1000+ damage and just slug through it until you get the Tier 9. You can use boosters to get exp faster if you dont like it.
But back line protection is the only job for the borsig. Front line is death and the pen is bad so you will most likely be spamming heat at the front of enemy heavies.

I did fairly well in the borsig but I didnt like it, however the Tier 9 is easily one of the best tanks in the game and is well worth the wait.
You should save up some free exp to get the top gun for the tier 9 thought, because the stock grind for the Waffle is tough.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Vantablack12 #9 Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:20 AM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 12334 battles
  • [K9]

RHM's 15cm gun is probably one of the most fun things you can have.(until the new anti-tank missile system come of course)

The WT is a supper fun tank to play when it's fully upgraded, but is the most atrocious vehicle in tier 9.

The Grille15 is debatable.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users