Can't research a tank through the tank I want

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Quiet_Autumn #1 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13908 battles

I'm trying to research the Ferdinand and I have enough exp on my Tiger P to do it. But the game won't let me research through the Tiger and instead will only show the exp from the JPanther which I barely use. Is this  a bug or do I need to do something to change it?

I've just noticed that if I try to convert combat exp to free exp, the Tiger P doesn't even shot up as an option to convert, even though it has 56k on it. Maybe the tank is just bugged?

https://imgur.com/a/kvTHCqs

https://imgur.com/a/ZxRa334

https://imgur.com/a/Ab3i4K7

Edited by Quiet_Autumn, 13 November 2019 - 07:16 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #2 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8721 battles
  • [HAHA]
Did you research the tracks?

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

acrisis #3 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]
Make sure the prior vehicle is FULLY researched. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

__Frostbite #4 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:36 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25207 battles
  • [-0]
Take a screenshot and upload it to Imgur.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boris55555 #5 Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 25110 battles
  • [MINC]
Just a guess here but it costs different amounts to research ferd through the Tiger p vs jg pz. I suggest you have enough xp to on the Tiger p to research but only for the jg pz price not the increased price necessary to research ferd through the Tiger p line. Hope that made sense. 
Credit where credit is due: “funny, but still”

RonaldusMaximus_ #6 Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8721 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postboris55555, on 13 November 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Just a guess here but it costs different amounts to research ferd through the Tiger p vs jg pz. I suggest you have enough xp to on the Tiger p to research but only for the jg pz price not the increased price necessary to research ferd through the Tiger p line. Hope that made sense. 

good point

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

Morphman11 #7 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
You need double the exp to research the Ferd from the Tiger P line. Not to mention why bother researching the Ferd in the first place.

Quiet_Autumn #8 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13908 battles

I have fully upgraded the Tiger P and it has 56k experience on it. I'm trying to go through the Ferdinand to get the Jgtiger. And when I click "research" for the Ferdinand, it will only display the free exp and the combat exp for the Jpanther, and none from the Tiger.

Also if I try to convert combat exp to free exp, it won't let me use the exp from the Tiger, either.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've researched both of the other tanks that come after the Tiger and it doesn't want me to keep using it?

Edited by Quiet_Autumn, 13 November 2019 - 07:05 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8721 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostQuiet_Autumn, on 13 November 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

I have fully upgraded the Tiger P and it has 56k experience on it.

It requires 150k xp to get the Ferdi from the Tiger P

It requires 77.5k to research it from the JPanther

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 13 November 2019 - 07:23 PM.

__Frostbite #10 Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25207 battles
  • [-0]

Yeah, you need a lot more Combat XP, like, almost 100k more.

You can only convert Combat XP into Free XP from tanks that are elite. This makes sense. If you’re 10k Combat XP away from researching the Obj 140, it would be dumb if the game allowed you to convert all that XP into Free XP before you’ve researched all possible modules or future tanks first. You should need to unlock everything first before being allowed to convert Combat XP from that tank into Free XP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alphablob #11 Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31324 battles
  • [MOM]
When you grind 150k combat xp in the tiger it should give you the option to toggle the selection when you click research. Also, converting elite xp to free xp costs a lot of gold. 
Camo net is for cowards.

RibbleStripe #12 Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

Ooof...
This might be complicated, i'll try to explain everything step by step.

So, Ferdinand can be unlocked by two ways. First one (and primary one) is doing that from Jagdpanther. It costs 77.5k XP. Second one (alternative or additional one) is research from Tiger P line. It costs 150k XP. This is kind of introduction. 

The reason why second way is twice more expensive is because you avoid spending XP for previous TD going through heavies line. As a result researching any tier X vehicles by any available way costs comparable amount of XP. 

When you observe certain tank's modules tree you see respective price for Ferdinand. 77,5k in Jagdpanther tree and 150k in Tiger P one. But on nation tree you see the lowest price for you depending on how much XP you have on Jagdpanther and Tiger P. As i can see on your screenshots, you have 16k on Jagdpanther. It means you need a bit less than 60k for the primary way. Speaking of Tiger P you have 56k - therefore reseach requres almost 95k. So primary way is less demanding - this is why you see 77,5k price tag. 

Also you can't not convert free XP from Tiger P since it's not elite tank. Once you research Ferdinand it will become elite one and XP conversion will be available. 

acrisis #13 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

Indeed, with the screenshots now provided, there is only 16k XP earned on the JPanther to go toward the 77.5 for the Ferdinand.

And, XP is not combined from two preceding vehicles of different branches.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

kidthekid01 #14 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10564 battles
  • [VALOR]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 November 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Ooof...

So, Ferdinand can be unlocked by two ways. First one (and primary one) is doing that from Jagdpanther. It costs 77.5k XP. Second one (alternative or additional one) is research from Tiger P line. It costs 150k XP. This is kind of introduction. 

The reason why second way is twice more expensive is because you avoid spending XP for previous TD going through heavies line. As a result researching any tier X vehicles by any available way costs comparable amount of XP. 

When you observe certain tank's modules tree you see respective price for Ferdinand. 77,5k in Jagdpanther tree and 150k in Tiger P one. But on nation tree you see the lowest price for you depending on how much XP you have on Jagdpanther and Tiger P. As i can see on your screenshots, you have 16k on Jagdpanther. It means you need a bit less than 60k for the primary way. Speaking of Tiger P you have 56k - therefore reseach requres almost 95k. So primary way is less demanding - this is why you see 77,5k price tag. 

Also you can't not convert free XP from Tiger P since it's not elite tank. Once you research Ferdinand it will become elite one and XP conversion will be available. 

That makes sense. I had always assumed it was because of the difference between vehicles, there would be a technology gap.

tedg5 #15 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:24 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50623 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 November 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Ooof...

Good, logical explanation. :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users