ATGM official thread

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

In one of the upcoming update we plan to add two new US light tanks - T92E1 at tier 9 and XM551 Sheridan at tier 10. Sheridan will be tested in random battles during update 6.5. 

In this thread we can discuss everything about future mini tech line. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask here.

For the beginning we've prepared FAQ based on initial feedback after the announcement.

Why are you adding missile tanks?
Missile Exercise event was one of the most memorable events of Blitz's history because of unique mechanics. Lots of players liked an opportunity to hit enemies with guided missiles a lot and we have been receiving request to bring ATGM back after the event. We've never abandon an idea of ATGM and now it's time to add researcheable vehicles with missiles.

ATGM will break the game!!!
ATGM mechanics has passed a number of internal tests and we already can claim that hitting targets with missiles is quite difficult and few players will do it effectively. Also we are going to test new tanks in real game conditions and make a final decision considering the results. This is why ATGM might be adjusted or even not added to the game.

ATGM tanks are simply not giving any chances to the enemies in the video you showed during Twister final! So we'll see the same in the battles!

We've created short and spectacular video to demonstrate what ATGM can do. It doesn't mean that every player will perform like this in every battle. So please consider that video as a movie trailer.

You are actually bringing arty to the game! Haven't you told before it's not going to happen?
Comparing ATGM to arty is not reasonable at all. Arty mechanics is completely different - you can't shoot through the entire map above buildings and rocks. Keep in mind that there's no camera on the edge of the missile. You control it using the standard camera on tank. This is why it won't be possible to guide missile avoiding a number of obstacles (Alpenstadt town for example).

Tanks' roof has very thin armor. Missiles will devastate tanks from above.
Let's not forget two vital things here. There will be no auto-aim and there will be no camera on missile. So hitting enemies right in the turret top might be easy only in theory. But in fact it will require pretty much experience, skill and luck.

If it's so hard to use ATGM why are you adding this mechanics? Whom do you make this game for?
Yes, it's not easy to use ATGM. But new tanks will have regular shells providing classic gameplay. Also ATGM is quite situational ammo type which will and should be useful only in certain cases and only for those who mastered this mechanics. Using only ATG in battle will give you nothing but lower efficiency.

What ammo types new tanks will have?
APCR (basic), ATGM (premium) and HE. 

Will T49 have ATGM?
No, only new tier 9 and 10 tanks will be equipped with ATGM.

Absolute_Sniper #2 Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38146 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Easiest question. When are they coming?

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

RibbleStripe #3 Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 15 November 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Easiest question. When are they coming?

Haha! The answer is in the very beginning of first message.

acrisis #4 Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

Anti Tank Missiles ... hhmmmmm

The event was memorable, though I think there was a significant amount of negative feedback and backlash, especially from people with touch screens, coming up on the short end of things compared to people playing KBM ... 

What has been done to ensure this would not be an auto-repeat on a larger scale, where KBM > touch? 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

RibbleStripe #5 Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postacrisis, on 15 November 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

The event was memorable, though I think there was a significant amount of negative feedback and backlash, especially from people with touch screens, coming up on the short end of things compared to people playing KBM ... 

100% true.

View Postacrisis, on 15 November 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

What has been done to ensure this would not be an auto-repeat on a larger scale, where KBM > touch? 

A lot from the one hand. And a little form the other. Auto-aim doesn't work for new ATGM. You have to guide the missile manually from moment you make a shot till the moment it hits the enemy or something else :P

Explixiit_ #6 Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

Wannabe unicum

• Players
  • 21732 battles
  • [WR2]

So, you can fire normal shells, like a regular tank shells and ATGM shells?

1014855156.png I like spamming you with HEP while i go 80km/h

Top 30 best type 64 player  formally known as akadeadlytank. I'm also thinking about zixifyy

wanna-be unicum https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Explixiit_ 

RibbleStripe #7 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostExplixiit_, on 15 November 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

So, you can fire normal shells, like a regular tank shells and ATGM shells?

Exactly. Instead of pramo you have atgm. 

__The_Dude_30__ #8 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Ribble, this isn't related to ATGMs, but check your discord DMs please.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

_Cletus #9 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25323 battles
  • [HAHA]

My concern is that the missiles aren't easy, but with skill and patence you can master them.  So I think that certain unicums will become excellent at them.  That would put us in a situation where the best players get a special weapon that regular players can't beat.  If cover won't protect against unicums anymore how are regular players going to have a chance against them?

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

MudkipAtWar #10 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

die

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Post_Cletus, on 15 November 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

My concern is that the missiles aren't easy, but with skill and patence you can master them.  So I think that certain unicums will become excellent at them.  That would put us in a situation where the best players get a special weapon that regular players can't beat.  If cover won't protect against unicums anymore how are regular players going to have a chance against them?

I mean the missiles are rather slow so you can probably just duck into cover when you see one, they cant do 90 degree turns

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #11 Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 52230 battles
  • [RNSF]
Didn't really like the atgm back in the day, but I'm pumped to derp around with the other ammo types... Hopefully the HE alpha is decent

>>>canine prints have claw marks, yet "mans best friend" camo does not; it would seem then that mans best friend is a cat... probably a leopard.

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

_Cletus #12 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25323 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 15 November 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

I mean the missiles are rather slow so you can probably just duck into cover when you see one, they cant do 90 degree turns

When I'm hiding behind cover I probably won't see it.  And if the missile comes over the top of the cover and hits me on the roof, what am I supposed to do about that?

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

wannabeunicum #13 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36801 battles
  • [-MM]

View Postacrisis, on 15 November 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Anti Tank Missiles ... hhmmmmm

Uh?

Touch> KBM lol during the missile event, KBM atleast required you to see a sliver of the target to autolock, touch autolock can through walls.

MudkipAtWar #14 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:21 PM

die

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Post_Cletus, on 15 November 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

When I'm hiding behind cover I probably won't see it.  And if the missile comes over the top of the cover and hits me on the roof, what am I supposed to do about that?

Unless you’re very far back from the cover it can’t do that, as it would have to sharply corner over the roof to do that. As for not seeing that I can only say free cam a bit more, or just be wary of nearby missile tanks

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

Vantablack12 #15 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:34 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 12322 battles
  • [K9]

View Post_Cletus, on 15 November 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

Get tough or die, that's how.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

LautyWX #16 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27095 battles
  • [KR0N0]
i have one question mr.ribble:can the atgm's pen spaced armor,or its heat based missiles?
making a signature.....

IronBehemoth #17 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8802 battles
  • [-PYX-]
You say that the reason it won't be OP is because it will be hard to aim... but once players DO get used to aiming them, then they'll just be as OP as before. At least a few people will be gods at aiming, and when they are, they'll be able to break the game beyond what anyone could do with any tank before.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 15 November 2019 - 08:54 PM.

Absolute_Sniper #18 Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38146 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 November 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

Haha! The answer is in the very beginning of first message.

Yes but if I answered my wife in the same fashion I would have to sleep on the couch. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

___ez_e___ #19 Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [GORT]

Cute video, but it would have been nice to show some of atgm mechanics in battle.   

Until we see what it really does all the other stuff is just words on paper as we all know sometimes what is written is not the actual mechanics.   

USSWISCONSIN94 #20 Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1958 battles
  • [2PINT]
What's the pen of each round is the more important question

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users