It's That Time Again...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

tankeatingtiger #1 Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

...for me to complain about my stats and ask you for help.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/tankeatingtiger

So here's what's been going on lately:

-I grinded the hell out of stuff in Uprising

-Went back to regular and sucked.

-Rage sold most of my grinds

-Played a crap ton of premiums

-Found out I sucked in those too

-Started playing Bromwell 90% of the time

-Slowly starting to gain confidence

I have been trying to keep my periodical WRs at 60%, they have slipped a bit recently. Across the board the stats haven't been quite as good and my career WR is stuck in the 57.82 region for a while. Up to my career high of .85 right now. 

From my 30 day you can tell that I have lost confidence in high tiers for the most part. In the last 20 and 10 day periods my Bromwell is about half of my battles. I have done pretty well in that and my Type 62 so I have rebought the Sta, P43 (t7), and Pershing to descend back into WR hell. 

Spoiler

So what can I do to keep my head above water? 

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 16 November 2019 - 04:20 PM.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Subtlepro #2 Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 46588 battles
  • [GRMPS]

Play the heck out of the kvis

And find a compatible good platoon partner.

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostSubtlepro, on 16 November 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Play the heck out of the kvis

And find a compatible good platoon partner.

I sucked in (and hated) the 1s. 

And yea that's one other thing I've been trying to improve at, finding a good toonmate and most importantly working well with them. I tend to just go off and hope both of us do enough damage to win instead of focusing fire, covering each other, etc.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 16 November 2019 - 04:25 PM.

YouTube Channel: 

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

__Crusader6__ #4 Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60307 battles
  • [-C6-]

Do you want to get better, or get a higher WR now?  

If you’re willing to go through short-term pain for long-term game solo play will help you a lot especially if you watch replays and or overly critical on your own play.   If you still having trouble ask someone here to toon with you and give you feedback.  
  Use voice comms with that will make the debrief periods a lot easier. 

Tank Hoarder: 386 tanks in Garage:  381/390 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

tankeatingtiger #5 Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:15 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 16 November 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Do you want to get better, or get a higher WR now?  

If you’re willing to go through short-term pain for long-term game solo play will help you a lot especially if you watch replays and or overly critical on your own play.   If you still having trouble ask someone here to toon with you and give you feedback.  
  Use voice comms with that will make the debrief periods a lot easier. 

I want to see continued WR improvement and keep my periodicals around 60 and looking purple.

I would like to think I am good at recognizing my own mistakes. Usually I will put myself in a bad situation, recognize my mistake, and then die shortly after. I am not yet to the point where I can think ahead and say "don't do that" to myself and consistently avoid those mistakes. However, I do make enough mistakes that patterns should emerge if I watch my replays.
I do not usually VC but I am now thinking that the new live streaming feature on Discord may be helpful to see large chunks of consecutive gameplay.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

j_rod #6 Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:41 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 23690 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 16 November 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

I sucked in (and hated) the 1s. 

And yea that's one other thing I've been trying to improve at, finding a good toonmate and most importantly working well with them. I tend to just go off and hope both of us do enough damage to win instead of focusing fire, covering each other, etc.

You did a great job the other night tooning. 

What’s helped me recently is being very intentional about playing compatible tanks when I’ve tooned and having a clear understanding of our roles.  A heavy/TD combo with the heavy going frontline and the TD following in support or two strong meds going together and focus firing has finally turned my downward slide around.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

__The_Dude_30__ #7 Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21837 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Both your DR and Survival rate are low. My guess is that you got super confident and aggressive in Uprising because of the 3 respawns. Then you came back to regular, still playing aggressive, but now there are no respawns to save you. Work on not pushing so hard and staying back a little. Try to deal damage without taking any in return. If you take less damage and survive more, those two stats will go up. Surviving more will allow you to do more damage, which will bring our average damage up, and it is also low. All of these things put together will make you win more, which will bring your WR. That’s my take on it. Good luck.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

tankeatingtiger #8 Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 16 November 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Both your DR and Survival rate are low. My guess is that you got super confident and aggressive in Uprising because of the 3 respawns. Then you came back to regular, still playing aggressive, but now there are no respawns to save you. Work on not pushing so hard and staying back a little. Try to deal damage without taking any in return. If you take less damage and survive more, those two stats will go up. Surviving more will allow you to do more damage, which will bring our average damage up, and it is also low. All of these things put together will make you win more, which will bring your WR. That’s my take on it. Good luck.

Yeah this sounds about right. 

Would there be specific tanks I should play to dial the aggressiveness down? I was thinking Bromwell and Type 62 would be the best, right?

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

__Frostbite #9 Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:44 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25401 battles
  • [-0]

If you want to be aggressive and not worry about getting yourself in trouble as much, play a slow heavy with armor and follow the mediums. Works like a charm.

If you want to start forcing yourself to play less aggressively, I'd recommend a lightly armored but fast tank with a gun that's roughly the following: mid alpha, ~average DPM, good accuracy, pen and gun depression. Honestly, Type 62 might be the tank to play. You can spam decently accurate, high pen HEAT shells the whole time if you need.

The reason I say low DPM and low alpha is to prevent you from yoloing, because you won't be able to slap someone with a massive shell (aka T49) but also won't be able to brawl/rush/COD someone (aka Ru 251 or T-43). I'd also recommend something without a clip. The kind of playstyle you're looking for is something that can move quickly from position to position and take fast aimed shots. Dracula is probably the best example of this. You won't win DPM competitions with other mediums and lights, but you can take really quick shots and pen them for a decent amount of damage without taking any damage in return.

Be as thrifty as possible with your HP. Having to wait to aim in or unload a whole clip usually result in a trade of HP. Forget "favorable trade" and try to take no damage at all. Play like you're at 1 HP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tankeatingtiger #10 Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:49 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View Post__Frostbite, on 16 November 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

If you want to be aggressive and not worry about getting yourself in trouble as much, play a slow heavy with armor and follow the mediums. Works like a charm.

If you want to start forcing yourself to play less aggressively, I'd recommend a lightly armored but fast tank with a gun that's roughly the following: mid alpha, ~average DPM, good accuracy, pen and gun depression. Honestly, Type 62 might be the tank to play. You can spam decently accurate, high pen HEAT shells the whole time if you need.

The reason I say low DPM and low alpha is to prevent you from yoloing, because you won't be able to slap someone with a massive shell (aka T49) but also won't be able to brawl/rush/COD someone (aka Ru 251 or T-43). I'd also recommend something without a clip. The kind of playstyle you're looking for is something that can move quickly from position to position and take fast aimed shots. Dracula is probably the best example of this. You won't win DPM competitions with other mediums and lights, but you can take really quick shots and pen them for a decent amount of damage without taking any damage in return.

Be as thrifty as possible with your HP. Having to wait to aim in or unload a whole clip usually result in a trade of HP. Forget "favorable trade" and try to take no damage at all. Play like you're at 1 HP.

This might be part of the problem because I never really learned how to slow play. I usually hate heavies, especially slow ones. 

I think you are right about the low alpha part because for example, my Skorp play has really declined and that is probably because I trade way too much, just banking on the 460 alpha to save me. 

Would Pershing or STA fit this description because I am currently grinding them and having a hell of a time getting that x4.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

9_V0LT #11 Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:48 AM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9633 battles
  • [OGRE]

My sympathy for anyone with a higher win rate than me, complaining about how hard it is to stay in the purple, is very limited. 

The only reason i wish you good luck, is because you're generally a nice guy. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

ZebraUp #12 Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 25403 battles
  • [STPLR]

This advice is not mine, as i am not good enough to dispense advice in this game, but rather advice i was given a year ago (roughly) by one of the most knowledgeable and proficient players in the game.

He told me straight up to park the tanks i play the most and feel most comfortable in and instead start playing anything and everything else. Weak tanks, TDs, etc. Those tanks i parked were the ARL, Tiger P,  and a few others. I haven't played them since other than in tournaments. He said my winrate will plummet, and he fully expected it to drop from a high at the time of 56.67% down to 53%. Fortunately it didn't drop quite that far, but did get down into the upper 54's% range. And now it is slowly going up, as more importantly so are my other stats. Survival, average damage per tier, spotting, etc.

Tough hit to take to my winrate but i feel i am far better player now because of it.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

tankeatingtiger #13 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View Post9_V0LT, on 17 November 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

My sympathy for anyone with a higher win rate than me, complaining about how hard it is to stay in the purple, is very limited. 

The only reason i wish you good luck, is because you're generally a nice guy. 

Aw thank you for that backhanded compliment :P

I'm getting hyped up for Question of the Week by the way. I never win but it's the thrill of the hunt.

View PostZebraUp, on 17 November 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

This advice is not mine, as i am not good enough to dispense advice in this game, but rather advice i was given a year ago (roughly) by one of the most knowledgeable and proficient players in the game.

He told me straight up to park the tanks i play the most and feel most comfortable in and instead start playing anything and everything else. Weak tanks, TDs, etc. Those tanks i parked were the ARL, Tiger P,  and a few others. I haven't played them since other than in tournaments. He said my winrate will plummet, and he fully expected it to drop from a high at the time of 56.67% down to 53%. Fortunately it didn't drop quite that far, but did get down into the upper 54's% range. And now it is slowly going up, as more importantly so are my other stats. Survival, average damage per tier, spotting, etc.

Tough hit to take to my winrate but i feel i am far better player now because of it.

Sheesh I have massive respect for you. I really don't think I can do that, I am grinding the STA and I just can't do anything, not even get that stupid x4. Even the maxed out Pershing drives me insane. I guess if I can't ever get at 58% then I know that it is because I haven't done this.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Destroy0 #14 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:26 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [FRS17]
My philosophy on winrate is simple...

If it's high, good for you.

If it's low, as long as your having fun playing, your still a winner.

When I finally wrapped my head around the fact that wotb is a mobile game intended for having fun, it really helped me stop caring about my stats.

tankeatingtiger #15 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:43 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostDestroy0, on 17 November 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

My philosophy on winrate is simple...

If it's high, good for you.

If it's low, as long as your having fun playing, your still a winner.

When I finally wrapped my head around the fact that wotb is a mobile game intended for having fun, it really helped me stop caring about my stats.

This is true but I find it more fun when I win and right now I'm not winning or even doing well. Makes me mad because I know I can and have played better.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Destroy0 #16 Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:04 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [FRS17]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 17 November 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

This is true but I find it more fun when I win and right now I'm not winning or even doing well. Makes me mad because I know I can and have played better.

Fair enough, winning is enjoyable indeed.

9_V0LT #17 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9633 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 18 November 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

Aw thank you for that backhanded compliment :P

I'm getting hyped up for Question of the Week by the way. I never win but it's the thrill of the hunt..

Just for the record, my compliment was not back-handed. If anything, it was self deprecating. 
There was zero malice intended. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

tankeatingtiger #18 Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:01 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View Post9_V0LT, on 18 November 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Just for the record, my compliment was not back-handed. If anything, it was self deprecating. 
There was zero malice intended. 

No I understand, I'll take even limited sympathy.

You intended no offense and I took none. All is well.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

nicog45 #19 Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16808 battles
  • [-JJ]

View PostZebraUp, on 17 November 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

I do a similar thing where I tend not to play too much of a single tank. That’s mostly because I like to keep things fresh though. I never understand how people can accumulate 1k+ games in a tank.

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

tankeatingtiger #20 Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:43 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

View Postnicog45, on 18 November 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

I do a similar thing where I tend not to play too much of a single tank. That’s mostly because I like to keep things fresh though. I never understand how people can accumulate 1k+ games in a tank.

I tend to just play everything the same way even if I go from E50 M to Skorp to Pantera. Playing a few tanks consistently (especially during a grind) usually gets me locked in.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users