P2W $$$ Thoughts on WG moving to a pay to win model?

P2w smasher 121 pay to win p2p money

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

BAR_001 #21 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:56 AM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 30799 battles
  • [HAHA]
 Some premiums kind of suck really. And some TT tanks are OP. Pay to win is stretching the reality.
RNG doesn't bother hackers.

RommelTanker #22 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:48 AM

He who is supremely annoying

• Players
  • 7542 battles
  • [ACTS2]
I'd like to point out that the entire premise of this thread is destroyed simply by stating that P2W can't exist in a game where skill is the largest determining factor of winning. You cannot pay for skill. 
Something something insert joke here

j_rod #23 Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:11 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 27504 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostRommelTanker, on 19 November 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

I'd like to point out that the entire premise of this thread is destroyed simply by stating that P2W can't exist in a game where skill is the largest determining factor of winning. You cannot pay for skill. 

Maybe it should be called P2WM, bc while an OP tank won’t make a 40% player into a 60% player, it may make them into a 45% player, which is the point. 

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

IronBehemoth #24 Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9607 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostMorphman11, on 20 November 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

Obviously you understand nothing. Cromwell B is not op as if you put any moron in it they won’t all perform well, compare that to the ARL and it’s a different story. T-34 Victory is not a tank to complain about as it practically has the exact same stats as the regular T-34-85. The Rudy in no shape or form can be considered OP in this new meta as it is not competitive at tier 8, it is just a reskin of a T-43 and could be stated as a balanced or even underperforming vehicle. Smasher is a smasher, derp guns require 0 skill. Helsing is not even that OP, as it still requires good positioning to do well in. The Lupus is still under debate and at the moment I’d still put the T29 above it. You haven’t played the Progetto M46 nor has it been released so thus you have absolutely 0 evidence backing any claim up. WZ-120-1G FT is probably the most boring vehicle to drive up to date. Chrysler K is a situational vehicle at best and there is a good reason why majority have stopped playing theirs. IS-3D is situational as well and is played the same amount as the Chrysler K. Obviously you aren’t a decent tier 8 player as you haven’t listed the WZ-112-1 nor the OBJ. 252U and some would still include the IS-5 although personally I reject this as I believe the IS-6 is still better and that vehicle is not ever going to make a comeback. Standard B is up for grabs, the gun handling is annoying but a clip 3 shells that you don’t have to wait 15+ seconds to reload will help anyone out. The  AMX 30 Prot is quite literally a stock vehicle which is enough to say. The T-55A differs almost in 0 ways from the T-54 and no one thinks the T-54 is OP considering what it used to be. T30 is not an OP tank, there is nothing supporting that. It is fairly well balanced as the turret will actually struggle to bounce tier X standard ammo off the cheeks. K-91 I have only played 2 battles after it received a buff and from that limited amount it felt like the same exact tank which isn’t saying much as it was only alright at best during its release. You are just picking off premiums and calling them OP with absolutely 0 reason and evidence. Also I highly doubt that you even own half of those vehicles you listed. No one plays the E-75TS because it is god awful so that is another example of you noticing one player have a good game and you jumping to far fetched conclusions. I own all these tanks listed apart from the T30 which I have played on the RU server and it didn’t stand out as anything fancy. It is a nice TD that can be flexible but it won’t put dpm anything, out snipe another TD at range, won’t zoom in positions early, nor will bounce shells all day long.

1. Obviously you've got issues irl, so I'm not going to flame you as hard as I normally would for you being salty 24/7

2.  I'm factoring in skill ceilings, so your point about the bromwell is irrelevant. Also, braindeads would still perform better in it than other paper tanks.

3. Funny because the t43 would've made the list if the rudy weren't marginally better

4. Wow! Good point about the smasher! Guess 0 skill tanks can't be called OP!

5. "Helsing isn't even OP" [edited].

6. Lupus is still "under debate." At this point, you have to be trolling. Its literally a t29 with better armor, higher alpha, and 2 degrees more gun depression, surrendering some gun handling. 

7. "Progetto m46 isn't even released." Which I stated in the original post? It's got a 72% average winrate in testing with stats that far outclass any t8.

8. Wow! Another stellar argument. Guess boring tanks can't be called OP!

9. Chrysler is as bad as the fv215b.

10. IS3-D is "situational?" [edited]. It's literally an IS-3 with an autoloader. Guess that makes all IS tanks situational? hmm, the winrate charts which have consistently placed it in the top 3 for the past few years must all be lying!

11. Did forget the 252 U.

12. To say the standard b is anything but OP is very likely the stupidest thing I've read yet. People are pulling 4k averages in it. It's like the t10 progetto, but even stronger. (tier for tier)

13. Amx proto? stock? LOL. Another stupid excuse for an argument that I don't need to shut down.

14. K-91 ^^^^^^^

15. E-75 TS "god awful." You must be god awful to not perform in it. 2375 dpm with 310 alpha. Amazing gun handling. 10 degrees gun depression. Workable armor. Maybe not top 5, but definitely up there, so long as you don't make the assumption that its a frontline tank the way the tiger 2 is. For sake of argument, I'll just swap it with the 252U, which is still prem.

16. Good job completely missing the sole reason that makes the T30 amazing. The fact that its traversable turret allows it to go frontline and pump dpm into other tanks. A braindead 40%er can average 1920 damage/game with just 3 shots, which isn't hard if they play it like a heavy. Actually conserving hp, and only exposing the turret, while abusing gun depression can lead to larger numbers. Hell, im at 2300 avg damage, and thats grinding it stock and frequent 0 damage games where I play like a bot.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 20 November 2019 - 06:45 AM.

RommelTanker #25 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:23 AM

He who is supremely annoying

• Players
  • 7542 battles
  • [ACTS2]
Spoiler

You're wasting your breath; Morphman is a moron who has less than a clue about anything he talks about.

Something something insert joke here

Also tagged with P2w, smasher, 121, pay to win, p2p, money

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users