Fail iPad Pro Bug

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

frostycan #1 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22875 battles
  • [-CFR-]
Anyone successfully playing WOTB on one?

WOTB ran great on my iPad Pro 12.9" 1st Gen, but I have never been able to properly run it on my iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd Gen (2018).  Numerous support tickets with Wargaming all end with "sorry, we don't know when it will be fixed", and others have chimed in at http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/102426-ipad-pro-129-3rd-gen-problems/ about the issue.

Basically, when playing on this device you can either drive or aim -- not both at the same time like on any other device -- rendering the game unplayable.

This device came out in October 2018.  It's over a year later and Wargaming still hasn't fixed the issue.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Chiefmac #2 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51879 battles
  • [ROTI]
I have had the same device the past few months. Have not experienced that on this device at all. My biggest issue is thumb contact on the Blitz game controls. Doesn’t like edges or sides of thumbs, likes the big mushy non nail side. 

Gavidoc01 #3 Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 46429 battles
  • [III]

I use an Ipad Pro 11" and had similar issues on my screen as well. 

Starting with update 6.1 all of a sudden I would have issues driving and aiming at the same time. Sometimes it would be just driving the tank. Then I noticed I had issues with the typing as well. Sometimes my keystrokes were not being noticed. I always thought it was the game that was causing the problem vs. my ipad. I tried many things and it would be fixed for a bit and then start all over again.

Then, I noticed I was starting to have issues in other apps that I would type in. So I finally realized it wasn't the game but the ipad. Took it to Apple and they identified I was having ghost touch issues and that the screen needed replacing. I asked why I was noticing it more in one app than others and he said it could have been the draw of the app being used. More resource intense ones might make the issue more noticeable. 

They replaced the ipad (have apple care +) and since getting the replacement I've had no issues.

Might want to take the ipad to apple to see if you have a similar problem, especially if noticing issues with other apps as well.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

ShootinSabot #4 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:04 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 22703 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostGavidoc01, on 25 November 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Starting with update 6.1 all of a sudden I would have issues driving and aiming at the same time. Sometimes it would be just driving the tank. Then I noticed I had issues with the typing as well. Sometimes my keystrokes were not being noticed. I always thought it was the game that was causing the problem vs. my ipad. I tried many things and it would be fixed for a bit and then start all over again.

Then, I noticed I was starting to have issues in other apps that I would type in. So I finally realized it wasn't the game but the ipad. Took it to Apple and they identified I was having ghost touch issues and that the screen needed replacing. I asked why I was noticing it more in one app than others and he said it could have been the draw of the app being used. More resource intense ones might make the issue more noticeable. 

They replaced the ipad (have apple care +) and since getting the replacement I've had no issues.

Might want to take the ipad to apple to see if you have a similar problem, especially if noticing issues with other apps as well.

Thanks Gav

I have been hearing about this issue for a while now but had never seen a resolution. I was very reluctant to upgrade until I saw this.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

frostycan #5 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22875 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostChiefmac, on 25 November 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

I have had the same device the past few months. Have not experienced that on this device at all. My biggest issue is thumb contact on the Blitz game controls. Doesn’t like edges or sides of thumbs, likes the big mushy non nail side. 

You're sure you have a 3rd gen 12.9" and not a different iPad Pro?  The game works on my other devices -- and used to work just fine on my 1st gen 12.9".

frostycan #6 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22875 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostGavidoc01, on 25 November 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

This problem may not happen with 11" iPad Pros.  This is specific to the 12.9" 3rd Gen.

I don't think it's an issue with my iPad Pro.  As part of the troubleshooting steps with both Wargaming and Apple (when the device was brand new), I ran several multi-touch apps to ensure that the screen was working properly.

I'm hoping that others here have tried WOTB specifically with the 12.9" 3rd Gen to isolate the issue.

ShootinSabot #7 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 22703 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostChiefmac, on 25 November 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

View Postfrostycan, on 25 November 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

You're sure you have a 3rd gen 12.9" and not a different iPad Pro?  The game works on my other devices -- and used to work just fine on my 1st gen 12.9".

I have a 5th Gen iPad but also have this issue.Especially for driving, a slight tilt of the thumb and the "joystick" ends up back in neutral.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

frostycan #8 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22875 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostShootinSabot, on 25 November 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

I have a 5th Gen iPad but also have this issue.Especially for driving, a slight tilt of the thumb and the "joystick" ends up back in neutral.

The problem I've been having for the last year, is that I can drive just fine, but when I aim with my right thumb, the tank movement stops until I lift the right thumb again.  It's an either-or thing.  Drive or aim. Well, you effectively play like that.

frostycan #9 Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22875 battles
  • [-CFR-]
Here's the update from support about this:

Block Quote

Commander, the developers are aware of this issue.
It is listed as a bug.

All such issues are intended to be addressed as soon as possible.
However some issues sometimes might take longer to rectify due to their difficulty.

I am terribly sorry this is taking so long to fix your issue, but in this case all we can recommend is to try showing patience.

Looking forward to your understanding.

Because nearly a year isn't long enough to fix this...

9_V0LT #10 Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:44 AM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10284 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postfrostycan, on 25 November 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

The problem I've been having for the last year, is that I can drive just fine, but when I aim with my right thumb, the tank movement stops until I lift the right thumb again.  It's an either-or thing.  Drive or aim. Well, you effectively play like that.

The last update gave iPads mouse support, for both wired and Bluetooth mice. 
I know it’s not perfect, but you could aim and shoot with the mouse and drive with the tablet. 

The new update would even let you use a game controller. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

frostycan #11 Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22875 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Post9_V0LT, on 25 November 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

The last update gave iPads mouse support, for both wired and Bluetooth mice. 
I know it’s not perfect, but you could aim and shoot with the mouse and drive with the tablet. 

The new update would even let you use a game controller. 

That's definitely not ideal.  The point of using my iPad is so that I don't have to use a mouse.

The onus falls on Wargaming to fix this. 

Also tagged with Fail, iPad Pro, Bug

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users