New Japanese light tank / glass cannon line theory

Light tank Japan New

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Japanese light tank line (7 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you like these tanks to be added?

1. Yes I would, it would add more variety and improve gameplay (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Yes, it’d be nice, but nothing special (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No, these tanks should not be in the game (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No, these tanks would make this game worse (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. Yes, if some changes are made (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Hide poll

One_Exorbitant_Purple #1 Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19988 battles
  • [_V_]

Hi guys, I was going to put this in the thread I made the the TDs, but I decided to make a separate thread for the light tanks. So I've been researching and found tanks that could be a light tank line for Japan! They will be the most scouty tanks focusing even more on mobility and scouting than the BC, but have a bad gun. I think they could be very fun, especially at tier ten (think about dodging all those bullets and ATGM). Since we have a fairly balanced light tank (the BC IMO) and will get a firepower based light tank(the American ones) I think this scouty tank will be great for the game. Here is what I propose:

Tier 10: Type 89

Firepower:

This tank would have a 33mm autocannon in real life and ATGM. I was thinking increase the dmg from a normal 33mm gun since it’s at tier ten as well as an auto loader.. Now the size of the gun and whether it would have the ATGM can also be changed for balance. The viewrange will be similar to BC and the camo will be better than the BC, since it is fairly small I think. The auto loader will dump out shots fairly quick to compensate for the low pen it will have. However the after shot dispersion will be just high enough so that the gun won’t be fully aimed when firing as fast as possible. This will prevent the tank from being super annoying by dumping three 220 dmg shots that are perfectly aimed before you can retaliate. It will make you think, deciding if it’s worth it to blow you cover.

Mobility:

A 72 km top speed with something like 30 hp/w ratio. And avg terrain resistance. This will be a scouting tank--even more so than the BC. The traverse for the hull should be decent, better while reversing for a little bit of uniqueness. The turret will be a slower turning turret. This will allow it to utilize its camo and view range to fulfill its primary role of spotting without being seen as well as making it hard to abuse the mobility to circle heavy tanks.

Armour: 

None, this thing is paper. Fully HE able, except for tracks and super small angles. Perfect conditions to get those shaking hands gameplay. Nothing else to add here

Statistics:

Speed: 72 km

Armour: Hull will be 35/15/15. Turret will be 35/20/15.

View range: 260m

Camo: 43%

Hit Points: 1750

Effective Hp/w ratio: 35

The Gun: 35mm auto loader (can be changed to a 76 or 80mm): 

Damage: 220 (standard)

Penetration: 230/300/40

Dispersion: 0.35

Clip stats: 3 shell clip, 2 second inter clip reload. 660 dmg in 4 seconds. 

Reload: 11.5 seconds

RoF: 11.7

DPM: 2580

Tier 9: The Type 60 ATM

Now here me out on this, I know I know, it's a ATGM tank. Buut we can do some tinkering on this to keep the ATGM spam down. The tank will be a two shot autoloader that shoots missiles. These missiles could be non guided missiles or if they are guided, they are only controllable for the first 100m after you shoot. Or we could do a combination of both and make standard round non guided and gold rounds guided for the first 100m. This way the American ATGM are still unique and the high tiers aren't ATGM spammed. It would make the guided missiles very situational and really wouldn't change the gameplay overall. Also, I realize this is a tank destroyer, but it's a glass tank tank destroyer. Basically a light tank without camo, or WG could just make it a light tank.

Firepower:

I've already discussed this, read above. Two shot autoloader btw. And since there are no turrets the guns would be vulnerable to being damaged. The pen would be below avg for the guided missiles and maybe slightly below avg for standard missiles. Remember, these shoot slower than normal rounds so it will be harder to hit where you want. 

Mobility: 

It would have a 65 km limit and a 10-15 km reverse. The travese would be fairly decent too, and the guns (since there are no turrets) would turn at a slow rate. The HP/W would be in the 30 or so range again. Avg terrain resistance. This tank will still be a scouting tank, but maybe a bit more focus on the firepower. The camo will be decent again. And viewrange I think will be a touch below type 61.

​Armour: what armour?

Statistics: 

Speed: 65 km

Armour: 25/20/20

View range: 255m

Camo: 45%

Hit points:1550

Effective Hp/w ratio: 32

The gun (missile launcher):

Penetration: 220/285/45

Damage: 310

Dispersion: None, but the GM (guided missile) have no auto aim

Clip stats: 2 shot auto loader, 3.5 inter clip reload. 620 damage in 3.5 seconds

Reload: 13.5

RoF: 7

DPM:2170

Tier 8: the Type 60 SPRG

This tank will have a focus on scouting again, and the main difference from the tier 9 is that it has normal guns with a two shot autoloader. Also don't forget that this is a tank destroyer in real life, but could be considered a light tank for balance.

Firepower: 

A two shot 106mm autoloader that has a longish reload to counter the higher single shot damage. Also this gun only fires chemical warheads, so only HEAT and HE(?). Also, a fun fact, the SPRG stands for Self Propelled Recoilless Gun. This means that the after shot dispersion would be non existent right? 

Mobility:

65 km limit, maybe 70 if you really want, 15 km reverse. A 26 hp to weight ratio and avg terrain resistance. The viewrange will not be best in class but it will have best in class camo. Both traverse would be same as the tier 9. 

Armour:

incredibly stout, reports suggest that it could handle rocks thrown from a midget. 

Statistics: 

Speed:65 km 

Armour: 25/20/20 

View range: 250m

Camo: 40%

Hit points: 1250

Effective Hp/w ratio: 26

The gun (106mm all Heat/HE):

Damage: 250

Dispersion: .368

Clip Stats: 2 shot auto loader, 2 second inter clip reload with 500 damage.

Reload: 15.5

RoF: 6.8

DPM: 1700

So that is my idea for a Japanese light tank line! I think it would be a great addition to the game, putting in actually fast tanks instead of the tier ten mediums that we lie to ourselves and say are fast. These tanks can also add a style of gameplay that isn't as focused on in the high tiers--a true spotting tank. Sure we have the STB, Leo, BC, and such. But most of those tanks have avg mobility and no light tank camo. They fit the role, but they don't rock the role. Also keep in mind that the tanks I proposed are VERY small compared to their peers. This is good and bad, a balance. Good because of the giggles it can make driving under enemy guns and hiding behind a tree. Bad because they are very light in addition to having no armour. This means that it will also cause giggles when you are hiding under the enemies gun and they barely tap you breaking your tracks as well as 100+ hp. There was also another tank I could’ve put in here, but it is a fairly modern tank, still in use I think? So I didn’t put it in. If you would like, I could. But that’d mean the stats for the other tanks would be messed up.

That ends it guys! If you've read this far you have my thanks for reading my rambling :) please discuss this and tell me how you would feel about these tanks being introduced to the game, as well as the more specific stats. I am unsure about the stats for the guns in particular, since I’m not an auto loader player. So please feel free to correct me on that. Thank you in advance again guys

Edited by FallenCabbage3, 01 January 2020 - 03:10 AM.

One_Exorbitant_Purple #2 Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:01 AM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19988 battles
  • [_V_]
In case some of you were wondering why the title and why it looks different it’s because I didn’t like how it looked, plus the title had a typo. And I added some possible stats

Vantablack12 #3 Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14603 battles
  • [K9]
Neat idea! WG seems to always have plans for new tanks and events, so this may be on the list now.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

One_Exorbitant_Purple #4 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:07 AM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19988 battles
  • [_V_]
Just a bump because I would really like to know how you guys feel about these tanks in the game :) also adding a poll

tankeatingtiger #5 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:32 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 24923 battles
  • [DETH]

I would say no to this because this whole line sounds like it relies on spotting being a crucial part of the game, such as in PC. This is not at all the case in Blitz and I think a lightly armored tank with a poor armament would just get chewed up.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

One_Exorbitant_Purple #6 Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:06 AM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19988 battles
  • [_V_]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 01 January 2020 - 03:32 AM, said:

I would say no to this because this whole line sounds like it relies on spotting being a crucial part of the game, such as in PC. This is not at all the case in Blitz and I think a lightly armored tank with a poor armament would just get chewed up.

True. I personally would like to see the spotting system changed, to make it have a more active role in gameplay. Right now, a heavy tank can basically spot. A TD. A medium. All tanks in general should get nerfs to view range, and make an emphasis on the “light tanks ARE the best spotters, mediums CAN spot, but don’t replace light tanks, heavy tanks have just enough to not be blind, but little enough to make you want more, and TDs are relatively blind, relying on spotters to find them targets” Of course there would be variations in each type depending on the vehicle, but that’s the basis of it. I feel like redoing the spotting system would add more strategy to the game as well as opening routes for different tanks (like these) and different play styles. Should probably make a different thread to talk about the spotting lol

tankeatingtiger #7 Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:12 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 24923 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostFallenCabbage3, on 31 December 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

True. I personally would like to see the spotting system changed, to make it have a more active role in gameplay. Right now, a heavy tank can basically spot. A TD. A medium. All tanks in general should get nerfs to view range, and make an emphasis on the “light tanks ARE the best spotters, mediums CAN spot, but don’t replace light tanks, heavy tanks have just enough to not be blind, but little enough to make you want more, and TDs are relatively blind, relying on spotters to find them targets” Of course there would be variations in each type depending on the vehicle, but that’s the basis of it. I feel like redoing the spotting system would add more strategy to the game as well as opening routes for different tanks (like these) and different play styles. Should probably make a different thread to talk about the spotting lol

Yep as a light and med driver I completely agree with you, this needs to be changed. This line would be a good idea if the spotting system is ever changed to get people excited and educated about proper spotting again, but in the current meta I don't see a place for it.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

DeathInTanks #8 Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10555 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 01 January 2020 - 04:12 AM, said:

Yep as a light and med driver I completely agree with you, this needs to be changed. This line would be a good idea if the spotting system is ever changed to get people excited and educated about proper spotting again, but in the current meta I don't see a place for it.

As a heavy driver I disagree. Most days I have to spot mid in the tanks I play often (Indy and T30). Like in Canyon and Vineyards, and our meds and lights roll with the rest of the team while another heavy goes with me. Losing the ability to do what my team fails to do would ruin it for any close game where it is like 3 heavies vs one med, the heavies would be swiss cheese, making teams practically useless when they only have one light/med or even have no lights or meds, they would die fast because they would be incapable of spotting and get ground up by the opposing team.

Edit: When I do have to spot mid I usually only spot very close light/meds and their heavies and maybe one TD and their farther away tanks usually take a few shots at me without being spotted (EX yesterday there was a lekpz platoon that kept hitting me from the side and I could do nothing because our lights and meds refused to spot them and they spotted me and pumped me full of holes).

Edited by DeathInTanks, 01 January 2020 - 04:53 AM.

Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

dport02 #9 Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32741 battles
  • [-FE4R]
This sounds like a great line, for PC. The maps are too small here and spotting is basically irrelevant. Neat idea and would be cool to see this added though!
RNG is rigged !

Also tagged with Light tank, Japan, New

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users