Make Controlls for Tank Destroyers same as all other Tanks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

shelzer #1 Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:41 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2299 battles
  • [15ONE]
On a PC, in EVERY tank the controls to move the left or right are the s or d key and the controls to move the gun left or right are the mouse.  This is not true with tank Destroyers with fixed guns or guns of limited movement ( such as the Stug III G ).  When I move the mouse to aim left, if the barrel can't move anymore to the left or right, THE TANK STARTS MOVING, revealing my position and destroying my aiming circle.  Please fix it so tank destroyer movement controls are like every other tank.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:47 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25329 battles
  • [-0]

Ok. So, I've got your fix.

If you have controls on the right mouse button (RMB), assign it to a different button or key. 

Now, when in-game, click and hold down on the RMB and you'll be able to look around and pan the camera without moving the tracks. This also works with turreted tanks, it won't move the turret or tracks when doing this.

Personally, I think it would be much harder to control a tank destroyer if you had to use the A and D key to turn the tank every time. Lining up each shot would take forever. Much simpler to just turn the mouse to where you want the gun to point at, like a turreted tank would do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HugGigolo #3 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22925 battles
  • [AGILE]

I vaguely recall that PC WoT had an option in the settings controlling whether a turretless TD turns with your aim or not. Seems more important to avoid breaking camo there, so most people seem to prefer it off.

Chariot_Solace #4 Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:37 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 44117 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post__Frostbite, on 27 November 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

Ok. So, I've got your fix.

If you have controls on the right mouse button (RMB), assign it to a different button or key. 

Now, when in-game, click and hold down on the RMB and you'll be able to look around and pan the camera without moving the tracks. This also works with turreted tanks, it won't move the turret or tracks when doing this.

Personally, I think it would be much harder to control a tank destroyer if you had to use the A and D key to turn the tank every time. Lining up each shot would take forever. Much simpler to just turn the mouse to where you want the gun to point at, like a turreted tank would do.

Yep. There it is. You should be using the free look function in all tanks in a variety of situations though. Keeping your strongest armor facing one way, while looking or driving another for example. It’s also useful for putting in shots while running away. You can keep your gun pointing behind you without turning it so you can see where your driving and still be ready to shoot at the tank chasing you without much trouble. It’s also useful to look around while using a tight space for cover so you don’t accidentally expose the side of your turret while the rest of your tank is hidden. Basically, always use it unless you expect a tank to pop up where you’re trying to look.

Tier Xs: 14 Lines I'm Grinding: 6 Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: 58 Premiums: 62

Morphman11 #5 Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
There already is a function that shows if you are going out of your gun traverse. It is also you fault if you can't realize that a td doesn't have a turret (most cases) so if you spend too long aim that you will have to move your entire vehicle to get a shot.

shelzer #6 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2299 battles
  • [15ONE]
Thanks for the replies. HugoGigolo I looked around for that setting and it doesn't seem to exist in Blitz.  Hopefully the developers read the forums and will be able to add this  needed feature.

Atom_Atit #7 Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1822 battles
  • [ALLY1]

Helllo guy. You need use at2 instead of vk . Cuz enemy tried get help leopard

BorisBaddenov #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postshelzer, on 29 November 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies. HugoGigolo I looked around for that setting and it doesn't seem to exist in Blitz.  Hopefully the developers read the forums and will be able to add this  needed feature.

Developers of Blitz do not read these forums.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users