Balance Discussions - What do we want to happen, and where do you want it to happen?

Discussions ideas balance conversation

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #21 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:56 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69916 battles
  • [BDGER]

Weeping.  Tier 1-5 can mount all levels of equipment.  
  What tier 5 and below don’t get are full consumable and provision options, the lower you go the less you get. 

Tier 5 gets the MM shaft especially if you have Supremacy on, as then you are generally self selecting to be -1.  
  Believe me I’ve been ace chasing the tier 3 T-70/57 (painful) and the tier 5’s Y5 T-34 and the STRV M/42. 

However I don’t think the 5-6 gap is as big some others.  

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  432/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Dominator702 #22 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:43 PM

The Camping Wuss

• Players
  • 19625 battles
  • [D33DZ]
I think they should buff some of the tier tens that have been left behind a bit tanks like the e4, is7, and probably the grille or Death Star I feel have been left behind, like the e4 while everything around it is getting buffed or new consumables it’s just got nothing, the is7 while it is fast it’s armor is ok but the gun I horrible and is outclassed by the is4, grille I feel tho it is unique it’s a bit meh as a tier ten with its camo, the Death Star where do I start, according to its stats it’s the worst tier ten in the game by far, with its slow speed horrible accuracy and low camo it’s only good point is it’s alfa and it makes for a bad experience.

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

My stats:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Dominator702

Weather they’re good or bad I wear them with pride!

Alopex__ #23 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostDominator702, on 03 December 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

I think they should buff some of the tier tens that have been left behind a bit tanks like the e4, is7, and probably the grille or Death Star I feel have been left behind, like the e4 while everything around it is getting buffed or new consumables it’s just got nothing, the is7 while it is fast it’s armor is ok but the gun I horrible and is outclassed by the is4, grille I feel tho it is unique it’s a bit meh as a tier ten with its camo, the Death Star where do I start, according to its stats it’s the worst tier ten in the game by far, with its slow speed horrible accuracy and low camo it’s only good point is it’s alfa and it makes for a bad experience.

That will ruin balance even more and make yet another OP td and heavy. Better option would be to nerf the broken vehicles until both those tanks are as good as they once were. I think it should take the same skill level to be good in a heavy or TD as it does a light or med. The majority of the player base wants to camp or sit out in the open, the solution is not to buff those vehicle to the point that playing like that can work. Any thing that can be done to get people playing mediums more would help tanks like is7/E4. Bc now they don't have to share their role with the other tds or heavies. 

BAR_001 #24 Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:42 AM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 32522 battles
  • [HAHA]
Since 1-5 got squashed, trashed and stupefied. Add tiers 11 and 12 and make grinding tiers 9 and 10 a little less unobtanium.
RNG doesn't bother hackers.

_Crusader6_ #25 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69916 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBAR_001, on 03 December 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Since 1-5 got squashed, trashed and stupefied. Add tiers 11 and 12 and make grinding tiers 9 and 10 a little less unobtanium.

This is legitimately one of the most useless and ill informed comments on this forum to date.  

TO_Dominator #26 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 13460 battles
  • [YUKON]

Personally, I think the camo of TDs should be nerfed or the view range of mediums and lights buffed. I can recall many times where TDs sitting in spawn on mines, such as an ISU, have shot me in my type 59 on the hill without getting spotted. Or getting shot in castilla from the chuch by spawn campers who also remain unspotted. Camping in a TD is super easy and rewarding while making it difficult for other players, especially new ones. New players nowadays have a huge tendency to hang behind and camp while their teammates die from a lack of support. I blame this upon the meta. Getting deleted by an invisible enemy does absolutely nothing but teach a new player to sit back and do it as well. Change really needs to happen, because currently this meta is worsening the lack of teamwork in game.  

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

_Crusader6_ #27 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69916 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 04 December 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

Personally, I think the camo of TDs should be nerfed or the view range of mediums and lights buffed. I can recall many times where TDs sitting in spawn on mines, such as an ISU, have shot me in my type 59 on the hill without getting spotted. Or getting shot in castilla from the chuch by spawn campers who also remain unspotted. Camping in a TD is super easy and rewarding while making it difficult for other players, especially new ones. New players nowadays have a huge tendency to hang behind and camp while their teammates die from a lack of support. I blame this upon the meta. Getting deleted by an invisible enemy does absolutely nothing but teach a new player to sit back and do it as well. Change really needs to happen, because currently this meta is worsening the lack of teamwork in game.  

Any spot like that where red is left unspotted - you know they are behind the bush.  
  Shoot Bush...

I don’t think it’s nearly as significant as you portray, don’t expose to likely TD spots.   
  You don’t need to stick out in the open to check spot.  

tankeatingtiger #28 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 28433 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 04 December 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

This. Canal especially comes to mind. I thing camo on heavies should be nerfed to prevent them from camping, and then buff view range on lights/meds to combat tds better. You are right, if you get hit by something from the corner of Canal it does not make you want to go spot it because you will get nuked, instead this will just promote passive, non-Blitz-ish gameplay.

Balance Change History Spreadsheet

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

tankeatingtiger #29 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 28433 battles
  • [D2TH]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 December 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Any spot like that where red is left unspotted - you know they are behind the bush.  
  Shoot Bush...

I don’t think it’s nearly as significant as you portray, don’t expose to likely TD spots.   

I think you are overrating the map awareness of most players. 

Balance Change History Spreadsheet

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

TO_Dominator #30 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:31 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 13460 battles
  • [YUKON]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 December 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Shoot Bush...

That is not the point I am trying to make. I have no issues dealing with most TD drivers. I do have issues with a team that is terrified of helping out because of a meta that encourages cowardice.

_Crusader6_ #31 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69916 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 04 December 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

That is not the point I am trying to make. I have no issues dealing with most TD drivers. I do have issues with a team that is terrified of helping out because of a meta that encourages cowardice.

Rule 2 of Blitz: expect nothing from your team. 

_Crusader6_ #32 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:36 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69916 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 04 December 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think you are overrating the map awareness of most players. 

No, I am simply discounting my team in the equation.  

TO_Dominator #33 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 13460 battles
  • [YUKON]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 December 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Rule 2 of Blitz: expect nothing from your team. 

It's quite unfortunate isn't it?

So why not try to improve the situation?

_Crusader6_ #34 Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:22 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69916 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 04 December 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

It's quite unfortunate isn't it?

So why not try to improve the situation?

One can lead a horse to water.  

You can’t simply nerf certain classes to oblivion, simply because poor players.  

The best way to correct issues is to educate players. 
  WG seems reluctant to do that - so the best way of player content and game play contributions here and on Discord. 

I’ve found the best way to accomplish that is passively - and if a player messages me after a game (nicely) and says something about my stats, I direct them to here and Blitz Discord. 
    I used to try to help poor players - and I still do occasionally when I see some glaring issues (playing a hulldown tank exposed etc), but most get bent out of shape and don’t think they need help.    Generally it’s only the ones who self realize they aren’t as good as other that then seek out assistance.   

TO_Dominator #35 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:25 AM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 13460 battles
  • [YUKON]

One can lead a horse to water is equally applicable to educating players. 

As you said, attempting to educate players usually results in failure. However, most new players I would say are aware to some extent. They are camping because all they have learned is that going forward will result in them getting deleted from across the map. If players didn't die immediately from this, and could at least see their enemies, camping newbies wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. In addition to this, it isn't that simple to teach new players how to avoid getting shot by TDs. You can tell them everything they need to know, but there is still a massive jump when it comes to putting that into use in battle. It is a hell of a lot easier for a new player to avoid damage from an enemy they can see than one they cannot (that also has a massive gun that penetrates almost everything). And really, what is the value of it to a new player? Currently TDs are the easiest class to play. Especially with the camo system we have in blitz, you let your team spot the reds and farm easy damage with little risk. That's a whole lot of effort to learn to fight against a class that takes very little skill to play.   

And I also don't suggest nerfing TDs to oblivion. TDs could get a compensation for the camo they lose. All the camo loss is for is to force TD drivers to think and to give new players a better chance without gaining the bad habits that they do nowadays. 

BAR_001 #36 Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:48 AM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 32522 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 December 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

This is legitimately one of the most useless and ill informed comments on this forum to date.  

If you have a problem with me why dont you go ahead and spit it out Mr moderator. What you think it is the job of a moderator to run down anyone that you think doesnt hold up to your game play standard? Is that the kind of game forum you envision Mr moderator, Sir!

By the way, take your arrogant assessment of my comment and go piss up a rope. SIR!

RNG doesn't bother hackers.

dport02 #37 Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33840 battles
  • [-FE4R]
I find it a joke when I see the T110E4. The E100 is literally the same tank, but better. Just about same mobility, better armor, better accuracy (idk how) and little more gun depression. E4 is just 9th child. Just forgotten. It’s not to say I hate it, I do like it, but seriously, how does the E100 have better accuracy then the E4??? HOW
RNG is rigged !

kidthekid01 #38 Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

#1 Stupidest Player NA

• Players
  • 12862 battles
  • [ARC_A]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 04 December 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Is this a challenge?

Hobbies: Switching my avatar to a low battle avatar and pretending to be a nub

Ronin_23 #39 Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 25950 battles
  • [TENET]

Just gave this doc a read. Agreed with maybe a few points on certain tanks but when you said the Type 61 needs a buff it lost all credibility. Type 61 is stupidly OP it doesn't even need armor. I disagreed with most of the suggestions on this list but y'all can continue to go off in this document that will never reach WG if you like. My recommendation would be to spout your opinions in the balance discussion channel on Discord, where everyone else goes to be ignored.

Also tagged with Discussions, ideas, balance, conversation

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users