observation - teams really good or really bad

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

b16707 #1 Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18331 battles
  • [RNA]

Been playing alot these past few weeks since its the holidays and I actually have some time. I've been noticing that teams are either insanely good or insanely bad. My games (whether i win or lose) have often seem to be down to 7 vs 1 or 6 vs 2 or something and never something more neck to neck. Didnt seem to notice this months or years back. Of course this is just a generalization but I would love to see more "good games" where players really duke it out instead of seeing half the team yolo in the first few seconds. I personally dont find the match fun if its 7 vs 1 and we win because half the other team yoloed. I don't learn to get better this way or improve my own skills.

Just an observation, anyone else have the same sentiments?

Been reading that the other world servers like EU are actually better than NA. Wishing there was an ability to switch servers wherever and whenever I want even with some lag. Are there logistics that make this impossible for WOT?

Edited by b16707, 07 December 2019 - 10:22 PM.

Gladsfur #2 Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 91336 battles
  • [INRI]
Very good observation. Been that way for months. Not having much fun anymore because of everything you described. 

Meat_Locker #3 Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:39 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51234 battles
  • [TOES]
Good luck with switching servers. I've been asking for 3-4 years to switch to EU server BECAUSE I'M BILLED IN €€EUROS AND LIVE HERE NOW!!!

acrisis #4 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20994 battles
  • [III-C]

Steamroll games for red or green were already prevalent in the first year the game was out ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

dport02 #5 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33748 battles
  • [-FE4R]
It was really ramped up when 5.5 came out. A lot more noobs in higher tier
RNG is rigged !

__Frostbite #6 Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 29687 battles

View Postdport02, on 07 December 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

It was really ramped up when 5.5 came out. A lot more noobs in higher tier

It should be even easier to win then, if you're not a noob. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dport02 #7 Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33748 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View Post__Frostbite, on 07 December 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

It should be even easier to win then, if you're not a noob. 

Problem is teams often seem to have one of complete noobs, and decent and good players. It’s hard to change the tide of battle when it’s only 2 minutes 

RNG is rigged !

tedg5 #8 Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:43 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 56318 battles
  • [AGOGO]
If you watched twister cup games you generally saw the same thing. Once one team was down even a few points things started to turn, then once a gun was gone it went south very fast. It just happens much faster in pub games cause that first gun usually disappears quickly, however if you loose a gun getting it your still even. If not, steam-roll odds just went up, and so on. :playing:

_Crusader6_ #9 Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:15 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68623 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postdport02, on 07 December 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Problem is teams often seem to have one of complete noobs, and decent and good players. It’s hard to change the tide of battle when it’s only 2 minutes 

Not at all.  

Games are won (most often) by teams that make less mistakes. 
 It doesn’t matter who you face, it matters that you get good hits, focus fire and kill red tanks faster than they kill yours.  

I only played a few games tonight - and I played several in a toon (odd for me these days). 
 We won a few games we outright should have lost. 

1 Middleburg Encounter: my toonmate was in a Progento and I was a STB 

Our team went town (our MK6 bragged about being a 40%’er [and he was].  Red went all hill.  But red hesitated as my toon and I where getting good hits and not taking very effective fire. 
  When red finally realized it was only two green meds blocking them, our imbeciles had flanked around the map. and while we died we managed to get 5.5k damage off them and 2 kills, and more importantly held long enough that when I died it was 5:2 green and we won. 

2. Normandy Supremacy: toonmate again Progento and myself in my M48.  Worse Jaq and another great player where on red, in a Foch 155 and maybe an E100 (help me out here Jaq).  Reds Meds sucked and their E50M let me farm him for around 1200 with no return damage (yes please show me more of your side when I’m hullldown and jockeying), honestly it was a little touch and go until Jaq and his toon when low to help some of their lemons, and side shots on both those tanks are much easier Pens than facing them head on.    Then their Maus drove off towards the beach to give me his rear end - and then raged at me for farming him (apparently a med should come out and face him head on?). 

We also lost some that you had to wonder WTF was our team thinking (answer they were not) - but a Alpenstadt loss happened because while we did a respectable amount of damage (I consider 2,700 Dmg/Game my bar for decent performances [I don’t always make it and it irks me] we both took damage early and made some careless trades (don’t trade a Conway 2 for 2 in a E5). Short answer we should have won with more appropriate play.  

They is a reason why some folks can win 65-75% in X, they are meticulous players who make very very few errors.  
  Those players capitalize on errors we make.

Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:50 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68623 battles
  • [DEF]

http://forum.wotblit...yerbase#topmost

b16707 #11 Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18331 battles
  • [RNA]

case and point, games ive played today that ended in:

0-5

0-6

7-0

5-0

0-6

1-0 <--- one good game i suppose

4-0

0-3 <--- ok i suppose

7-0

0-5

6-0

I mean, seriously most of these games can be considered complete shutouts. I like the term "steamroll" mentioned above. I'm the type to not really care about winrate or winning or losing. I just want to improve on my game here and there and have fun doing so.

Immel_man #12 Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 72292 battles
  • [YODA_]
I often find the most “competitive” battles are the most noob filled. How many times have we seen one tank at a time pushes get rekt back and forth evening out scores only to win or lose with the last noob sitting at the back farming?
Really those 7-0, 0-7 steam rolls tend to have tankers who know how to begin the end sequence as soon as the first gun is out of the battle.

b16707 #13 Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18331 battles
  • [RNA]

View PostImmel_man, on 07 December 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

I often find the most “competitive” battles are the most noob filled. How many times have we seen one tank at a time pushes get rekt back and forth evening out scores only to win or lose with the last noob sitting at the back farming?
Really those 7-0, 0-7 steam rolls tend to have tankers who know how to begin the end sequence as soon as the first gun is out of the battle.

I guess it depends. For those 7-0 games I listed, they were so easy it seemed like the other team didn't even try. Really boring. At least put up a fight. 

I actually have no problem with people camping and farming. As long as their gun is always in action and if they always have targets lit and firing on them. Last week had my highest dmg in the Pantera camping because the other team kept on revealing themselves. My Pantera gun never stopped! I have to admit it was fun just sitting there with endless reload. Game ended up being a 6-0. Fun but boring at the same time. 

I feel like there's enough data out there on each individual player that wot can somehow match based on tank used + skill combined. If predictive AI is a thing nowadays shouldn't this be possible? Maybe I'm dreaming of an impossibility.

Anyways game on folks!

Edited by b16707, 08 December 2019 - 08:33 AM.

acrisis #14 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20994 battles
  • [III-C]

One of my first - way back when threads on the forum - was on the number of steamrolls one way or the other way, one after another, team discrepancies ... and tweaking the teams is how we end up at the official matchmaking thread ... 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/86788-official-matchmaking-discussion-thread/

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

_Crusader6_ #15 Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68623 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postb16707, on 08 December 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

I feel like there's enough data out there on each individual player that wot can somehow match based on tank used + skill combined. If predictive AI is a thing nowadays shouldn't this be possible? 

Why? 
  What that means is a Unicum nerf and a boost to windowlickers. 

Honestly what’s wrong with the current MM? 
  You currently get out of it what you put in, over a decent period of games. 

Equalizing the good and bad players will just suck the fun out of the game. 

b16707 #16 Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18331 battles
  • [RNA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 08 December 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Why? 
  What that means is a Unicum nerf and a boost to windowlickers. 

Honestly what’s wrong with the current MM? 
  You currently get out of it what you put in, over a decent period of games. 

Equalizing the good and bad players will just suck the fun out of the game. 

So you're saying the unicums need the windowlickers to stay unicums? If that's the case, the fun of this game for more experienced players leans more towards lower tiers and seal clubbing? Could be true I guess, the rich need the poor to stay rich. 

I guess this is all a mm complaint. Just played my first game today and it was a 6-0 battle just before posting this. Just wish the other team put up more of a fight. 

Edited by b16707, 08 December 2019 - 05:09 PM.

_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68623 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postb16707, on 08 December 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

So you're saying the unicums need the windowlickers to stay unicums? If that's the case, the fun of this game for more experienced players leans more towards lower tiers and seal clubbing?

I guess this is all a mm complaint. Just played my first game today and it was a 6-0 battle just before posting this. Just wish the other team put up more of a fight. 

For 60%’s to exist there needs to be 40%’ers.  
  If you try to balance teams based on performance, you throw out 5+years of WR and avg dmg etc stats.  
Also you dilute those stats and will artificially drop higher WR players and artificially inflate worse players. 

WG has already sacrificed a lot in Blitz to pander to the lower denominators - we having ratings battles for a more intended balanced game matching, but so few player play Ratings that the MM there doesn’t do much more than Random Battles. 

__V_O_P__ #18 Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45738 battles
  • [LAP]
From previous discussion on MM...all supremacy... kills on both teams...

So 5 games from 35 that were 7-0 or 7-1...

13 that were 7-0, 7-1, or 7-2...

Edited by __V_O_P__, 08 December 2019 - 05:22 PM.

dport02 #19 Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33748 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 07 December 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Not at all.  

Games are won (most often) by teams that make less mistakes. 
 It doesn’t matter who you face, it matters that you get good hits, focus fire and kill red tanks faster than they kill yours.  

I only played a few games tonight - and I played several in a toon (odd for me these days). 
 We won a few games we outright should have lost. 

1 Middleburg Encounter: my toonmate was in a Progento and I was a STB 

Our team went town (our MK6 bragged about being a 40%’er [and he was].  Red went all hill.  But red hesitated as my toon and I where getting good hits and not taking very effective fire. 
  When red finally realized it was only two green meds blocking them, our imbeciles had flanked around the map. and while we died we managed to get 5.5k damage off them and 2 kills, and more importantly held long enough that when I died it was 5:2 green and we won. 

2. Normandy Supremacy: toonmate again Progento and myself in my M48.  Worse Jaq and another great player where on red, in a Foch 155 and maybe an E100 (help me out here Jaq).  Reds Meds sucked and their E50M let me farm him for around 1200 with no return damage (yes please show me more of your side when I’m hullldown and jockeying), honestly it was a little touch and go until Jaq and his toon when low to help some of their lemons, and side shots on both those tanks are much easier Pens than facing them head on.    Then their Maus drove off towards the beach to give me his rear end - and then raged at me for farming him (apparently a med should come out and face him head on?). 

We also lost some that you had to wonder wthwas our team thinking (answer they were not) - but a Alpenstadt loss happened because while we did a respectable amount of damage (I consider 2,700 Dmg/Game my bar for decent performances [I don’t always make it and it irks me] we both took damage early and made some careless trades (don’t trade a Conway 2 for 2 in a E5). Short answer we should have won with more appropriate play.  

They is a reason why some folks can win 65-75% in X, they are meticulous players who make very very few errors.  
  Those players capitalize on errors we make.

I can see where your coming from, but I normally don’t platoon, and if I do, I very rarely use voice chat. But B16707’s message is most of my battles ^^

RNG is rigged !

little_brother_of_war #20 Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 17334 battles
  • [FROST]

View Postb16707, on 07 December 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

Been reading that the other world servers like EU are actually better than NA. Wishing there was an ability to switch servers wherever and whenever I want even with some lag. Are there logistics that make this impossible for WOT?

Maybe just consider starting an EU account, instead. Also, connectivity is actually pretty good from where I am in very central U.S., imo.

Edited by little_brother_of_war, 08 December 2019 - 07:26 PM.

Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why talk about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<
_lbow_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users