Jump to content


My personal assessment of the T95E6.


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

trogvision #1 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

    Rushing B

  • Players
  • 21322 battles
  • 1,170
  • [ATO]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013

My first battle in it I got embarrassed in 50 seconds. My second battle I noticed the tank's great acceleration and hull down capabilities. It's only a bad tank when you play it as a heavy. However it's pretty competent when played as a medium. I think it's unfair to compare this tank with traditional tier 10 heavies, it should be more so compared with the wz121.

 

The cupola is not as weak as you think it is. It's almost as every bit as strong as the turret front, just without the crazy shape that allows the turret front to bounce so many shots. Only high pen TD's can pen your cupola sub-reliably. The gun handling is superb for a 120mm at tier 10. 260+mm of pen combined with 3.5 seconds of aiming time along with okay dispersion will allow you to snipe pixel weak spots on armored tagets at close range with a noticeable degree of success. 

 

Never ever rely on the hull armor. All but your upper front plate will get penned all day long. You should only face hug when facing a low gun depression opponent. Your rear will get HE penned every time. However, there's so many track wheels in the sides, the big pen 150mm's will need a good bit of luck to HE pen your sides without their shell getting absorbed in the tracks.

 

That's about all. TL;DR: Decent medium, terrible heavy.


Edited by trogvision, 07 December 2019 - 11:25 PM.

"trash camper suck" -legendario189 on borsig drivers (hint: I was the borsig driver :justwait:)

Proud ace tanker of the Object 263, Lorraine 40t, T49, Mbt-70, Sturer Emil, ISU-130, Progetto M35 Mod. 46, CHURCHILL GAME GOD CARRIER.


Dark_Magician_Girl #2 Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:59 AM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 39296 battles
  • 5,208
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016
I pen the cupola in a IS7 firing AP

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


RommelTanker #3 Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:47 AM

    He who is supremely annoying

  • Players
  • 6432 battles
  • 2,911
  • [ACTS2]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

You know it's a valid litmus test of the effectiveness of the E6's cupola  when you match it against the one of the highest base AP penetration values available on a T10 heavy.

 

A more valid argument is how well Tier 10 mediums fare against it, because we already know the E6 is steaming garbage against other heavies. It simply can't match up.


Something something insert joke here

trogvision #4 Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Rushing B

  • Players
  • 21322 battles
  • 1,170
  • [ATO]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 December 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

I pen the cupola in a IS7 firing AP

Of course you can. As long as I'm properly moving, those pens will happen a third of the time.


"trash camper suck" -legendario189 on borsig drivers (hint: I was the borsig driver :justwait:)

Proud ace tanker of the Object 263, Lorraine 40t, T49, Mbt-70, Sturer Emil, ISU-130, Progetto M35 Mod. 46, CHURCHILL GAME GOD CARRIER.


Dark_Magician_Girl #5 Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:29 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 39296 battles
  • 5,208
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostRommelTanker, on 08 December 2019 - 02:47 AM, said:

You know it's a valid litmus test of the effectiveness of the E6's cupola  when you match it against the one of the highest base AP penetration values available on a T10 heavy.

 

A more valid argument is how well Tier 10 mediums fare against it, because we already know the E6 is steaming garbage against other heavies. It simply can't match up.

 

Tier 10 meds will also penetrate it with relative ease.

 

View Posttrogvision, on 08 December 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Of course you can. As long as I'm properly moving, those pens will happen a third of the time.

 

Did you know 86% of statistics are made up on the spot?

 


STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


trogvision #6 Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

    Rushing B

  • Players
  • 21322 battles
  • 1,170
  • [ATO]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 December 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

 

Tier 10 meds will also penetrate it with relative ease.

 

 

Did you know 86% of statistics are made up on the spot?

 

Is your statistic part of that 86%?


"trash camper suck" -legendario189 on borsig drivers (hint: I was the borsig driver :justwait:)

Proud ace tanker of the Object 263, Lorraine 40t, T49, Mbt-70, Sturer Emil, ISU-130, Progetto M35 Mod. 46, CHURCHILL GAME GOD CARRIER.


__Frostbite #7 Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Cold as Ice

  • Players
  • 26967 battles
  • 3,044
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View Posttrogvision, on 08 December 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Is your statistic part of that 86%?

 

no, where did you come up with the 1/3 from? 

 

DMG's stats are most definitely not made up lol


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


RommelTanker #8 Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

    He who is supremely annoying

  • Players
  • 6432 battles
  • 2,911
  • [ACTS2]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 December 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

 

Tier 10 meds will also penetrate it with relative ease.

 

 

I went and looked at the cupola armor values along with Maverick and yes the cupola is bad af. Only stock Tier 9 mediums would bounce off the cupola, and even then they can just load premium ammo and lolpen. That said, the E6's cupola does have a rather bizarre quality in that the direct left and right of the flat portion of the cupola jump to a mind boggling 400mm effective armor, which means that if you play it right you can whip the turret back and forth and bait shots off those 400mm panels. 


Something something insert joke here

_Bink #9 Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:26 PM

    Bot

  • Players
  • 18442 battles
  • 592
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
My experience in only 12 games with this tank is that the turret armor is not reliable at all. Maybe I'm just botting out and don't know how to play it right yet but it doesn't get very many bounces. Still winning a decent amount but the sample size is very small.

King__David #10 Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:32 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43214 battles
  • 207
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015
I got to say that tank is weird as ****. Has RNG written all over it. I swear its only that tank. Whenever I go to shoot it half my shells just don't do anything. Anyone else knows what I'm talking about or is it just me?

Dark_Magician_Girl #11 Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:55 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 39296 battles
  • 5,208
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostRommelTanker, on 08 December 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

 

I went and looked at the cupola armor values along with Maverick and yes the cupola is bad af. Only stock Tier 9 mediums would bounce off the cupola, and even then they can just load premium ammo and lolpen. That said, the E6's cupola does have a rather bizarre quality in that the direct left and right of the flat portion of the cupola jump to a mind boggling 400mm effective armor, which means that if you play it right you can whip the turret back and forth and bait shots off those 400mm panels. 

 

Right, but I was also eluding to the IS7's horrid gun handling that many people complain about.  Even when wiggling, the turret cupola is not difficult to aim for.  It kind of makes what I said less "mildly idiotic" as you so described earlier today.


STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


RommelTanker #12 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:19 PM

    He who is supremely annoying

  • Players
  • 6432 battles
  • 2,911
  • [ACTS2]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 December 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Right, but I was also eluding to the IS7's horrid gun handling that many people complain about.  Even when wiggling, the turret cupola is not difficult to aim for.  It kind of makes what I said less "mildly idiotic" as you so described earlier today.

I suppose, but at the time I was more referring to the comparison itself as the mildly idiotic part; 260mm pen vs. a 225mm thick cupola isn't a remotely fair argument for the E6's cupola. Anyways, I've never had an issue with the IS-7's gun handling ironically enough. It's like the IS-5 in a sense. Some people find it unbearably bad, others find it tolerable and others still have no complaints whatsoever to make about it. :teethhappy:

 

Btw after double checking to make sure, the IS-7's gun handling with VStabs is resoungingly average. It sits at 0.17, which basically any other Tier 10 heavy has, excluding the British heavies and the single shot American 120mms. 


Edited by RommelTanker, 08 December 2019 - 10:23 PM.

Something something insert joke here

__Frostbite #13 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

    Cold as Ice

  • Players
  • 26967 battles
  • 3,044
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View PostRommelTanker, on 08 December 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

I suppose, but at the time I was more referring to the comparison itself as the mildly idiotic part; 260mm pen vs. a 225mm thick cupola isn't a remotely fair argument for the E6's cupola. Anyways, I've never had an issue with the IS-7's gun handling ironically enough. It's like the IS-5 in a sense. Some people find it unbearably bad, others find it tolerable and others still have no complaints whatsoever to make about it. :teethhappy:

 

Btw after double checking to make sure, the IS-7's gun handling with VStabs is resoungingly average. It sits at 0.17, which basically any other Tier 10 heavy has, excluding the British heavies and the single shot American 120mms. 

 

It has a slower aim time and larger dispersion though, so that aiming circle is just gonna be larger


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


RommelTanker #14 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:34 PM

    He who is supremely annoying

  • Players
  • 6432 battles
  • 2,911
  • [ACTS2]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

View Post__Frostbite, on 08 December 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

It has a slower aim time and larger dispersion though, so that aiming circle is just gonna be larger

Well you gotta pay for the better penetration somehow I suppose


Something something insert joke here

Absolute_Sniper #15 Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:47 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39408 battles
  • 3,110
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
Wiggling the turret helps mitigate the weakspot but it is a weakspot. Of course it can be penned by everything. That’s why I don’t advocate playing it hull down or frontlining it against heavies. It’s not the best tank for competitive play but against the plebs, it’s a fun tank that can put out good damage and it has a troll turret. Best of all it makes great credits. It’s a play for fun tank.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


Gavidoc01 #16 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

  • Players
  • 43580 battles
  • 3,843
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014
It's an underwhelming heavy for sure. Only advantage is the speed. I found that rocking back and forth and twisting the turret helps with getting bounces but even then only about 50/50. 

My Blitzstars

 

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users