Girls Und Panzer Der Series is on Netflix!

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Mako__Reizei___ #21 Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7503 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View Post_Cletus, on 18 December 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

How many hot tub scenes are in the show?

There are like 3 bath scenes in the series. One of them might be in Der Film I think.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

Gitgudm9 #22 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13332 battles
  • [MAHOU]
The show is horribly unrealistic and the plot is stupid but I still love it. It's basically what got me into anime in the first place - where there are many much better shows to be found - and it's nostalgic for me because of Blitz and all that. Sentimentality trumps quality in this case. 

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

RonaldusMaximus_ #23 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]
Legend of the Overfiend got me into anime.... I peaked early and enjoy the more vanilla PG rated plot filled sagas now.. Really enjoying Assault on Titan right now. But the tank on tank action in GuP is really entertaining.

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1: Don't open your mouth in an alley.

Vantablack12 #24 Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:38 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 January 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

Legend of the Overfiend got me into anime.... I peaked early and enjoy the more vanilla PG rated plot filled sagas now.. Really enjoying Assault on Titan right now. But the tank on tank action in GuP is really entertaining.

I believe it was Sword Art Online and Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon that got me into it. Rn I'm working through the Fate series. Pretty good tbh.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

"Success is how high you can bounce when you hit bottom." -also Patton

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn’t thinking" -Patton again

RonaldusMaximus_ #25 Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:34 PM

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

SAO was great for 2 seasons.. then went meh really fast. Been afraid to give Gun Gale Online a chance because of the terrible change in storytelling.  That seems to be the problem with most anime, they start with a blockbuster story arc and then nosedive when that arc concludes. Not finding that to be true with Attack on Titan, lots of twists, I am not done yet, just halfway through season 3 and while it is not the story it started out to be, it has kept me glued to the screen.

The other problem I have with anime are the 3 min intros... Jeesus just let me skip intro Hulu!

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 07 January 2020 - 07:39 PM.

Vantablack12 #26 Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 January 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

SAO was great for 2 seasons.. then went meh really fast. Been afraid to give Gun Gale Online a chance because of the terrible change in storytelling.  That seems to be the problem with most anime, they start with a blockbuster story arc and then nosedive when that arc concludes. Not finding that to be true with Attack on Titan, lots of twists, I am not done yet, just halfway through season 3 and while it is not the story it started out to be, it has kept me glued to the screen.

The other problem I have with anime are the 3 min intros... Jeesus just let me skip intro Hulu!

Gun Gale was very meh. I forgot to say that it was season 1 of SAO that got me into anime. And how dare you skip the intro!

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Mako__Reizei___ #27 Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:07 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7503 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 January 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Watch SAO 3, it's like the best one out of the three seasons.

RonaldusMaximus_ #28 Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostVantablack12, on 07 January 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

Gun Gale was very meh. I forgot to say that it was season 1 of SAO that got me into anime. And how dare you skip the intro!

The only intro I can watch regularly is the new She-Ra on Netflix

Or X-Men the Animated Series:

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 08 January 2020 - 03:57 PM.

Vantablack12 #29 Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 07 January 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

Watch SAO 3, it's like the best one out of the three seasons.

Ok. I never finished season 2. Iv'e been trying to get around to it, but I was deterred after a video spoiled the sad part. (I'm not spoiling it, so I will not name the scene)

Edited by Vantablack12, 08 January 2020 - 04:53 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #30 Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostVantablack12, on 08 January 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

Ok. I never finished season 2. Iv'e been trying to get around to it, but I was deterred after a video spoiled the sad part. (I'm not spoiling it, so I will not name the scene)

Yeah, season 2 is where I gave up, The writing was just not as good. However if Season 3 is really as good as you say I may have to go back. Attack on Titan season 4 has not been released yet and I need something good to watch... You two should really check it out.  One thing I really like is the character build up.. even the side characters get well written, so when they die, you miss them.

Vantablack12 #31 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 08 January 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Yeah, season 2 is where I gave up, The writing was just not as good. However if Season 3 is really as good as you say I may have to go back. Attack on Titan season 4 has not been released yet and I need something good to watch... You two should really check it out.  One thing I really like is the character build up.. even the side characters get well written, so when they die, you miss them.

You like character build up? Watch Darling in the Franxx. Be warned though; it's a PG-13 kind of show. Shreksual references when talking about something completely different, Drama, and of course....excessive bath scenes. and death; don't forget death.

Edited by Vantablack12, 08 January 2020 - 08:24 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #32 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:34 PM

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostVantablack12, on 08 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

You like character build up? Watch Darling in the Franxx. Be warned though; it's a PG-13 kind of show. Shreksual references when talking about something completely different, Drama, and of course....excessive bath scenes. and death; don't forget death.

Well, I'm not afraid of hentai, I just prefer storytelling and plot. But I also don't care for highschool dramas, the anime highschool trope is all played out and GuP was really pushing the limits of my willingness to watch more of it. I do like mecha so I will give Darling in the Franxx a shot if I can find it on Hulu or Netflix

Vantablack12 #33 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:30 AM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 08 January 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Well, I'm not afraid of hentai, I just prefer storytelling and plot. But I also don't care for highschool dramas, the anime highschool trope is all played out and GuP was really pushing the limits of my willingness to watch more of it. I do like mecha so I will give Darling in the Franxx a shot if I can find it on Hulu or Netflix

no hentai I promise. You can watch it for free with ads on Crunchyroll. Pretty good imo. 

Side note: I just realized how off topic this thread has gone.

Edited by Vantablack12, 09 January 2020 - 01:31 AM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #34 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostVantablack12, on 08 January 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

no hentai I promise. You can watch it for free with ads on Crunchyroll. Pretty good imo. 

Side note: I just realized how off topic this thread has gone.

Was considering making an anime thread... but we already have one right here so I say we keep it going until told otherwise.

Mako__Reizei___ #35 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:09 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7503 battles
  • [ALIAS]
You can also watch GuP on sites like KissAnime, 9anime, gogoanime, and other sites as well. Just watch out for those ads lol.

Vantablack12 #36 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:53 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 09 January 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

Was considering making an anime thread... but we already have one right here so I say we keep it going until told otherwise.

I was thinking about making a memes thread, but then I thought about the Discord page for blitz memes is full of reposts and lame memes. So I decided against it.

Edited by Vantablack12, 09 January 2020 - 02:54 PM.

Alopex__ #37 Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 08 January 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

Back in the early 90's my sister would order comic books from Antarctic Press which published like pseudo manga titles like ninja high school, warrior nun ect. Yeah, so that's was before they would like give you content warnings. Who woulda thought a tank themed comic book with animal characters would have a lewd centerfold....I call that hentai surprise. Gotta tread lightly in the anime/manga realm

Edited by StarFox__McCloud, 09 January 2020 - 04:01 PM.

Vantablack12 #38 Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostStarFox__McCloud, on 09 January 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Back in the early 90's my sister would order comic books from Antarctic Press which published like pseudo manga titles like ninja high school, warrior nun ect. Yeah, so that's was before they would like give you content warnings. Who woulda thought a tank themed comic book with animal characters would have a lewd centerfold....I call that hentai surprise. Gotta tread lightly in the anime/manga realm

Most sites won't show anything graphic. You have to go search for them on 18+ sites. Not saying I have; just from watching anime on multiple platforms and haven't seen anything yet, and if there is it's cleverly censored by a tree or hair or something like that.

Edited by Vantablack12, 09 January 2020 - 04:34 PM.

Alopex__ #39 Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostVantablack12, on 09 January 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

Most sites won't show anything graphic. You have to go search for them on 18+ sites. Not saying I have; just from watching anime on multiple platforms and haven't seen anything yet, and if there is it's cleverly censored by a tree or hair or something like that.

"Or something"most likely being a tentacle j/k. You gotta imagine the perilous journey it took for me to find my Avatar, not really it's Kenket's  which is all clean that I know of. 

Vantablack12 #40 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:59 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13182 battles
  • [K9]

View PostStarFox__McCloud, on 09 January 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

"Or something"most likely being a tentacle j/k. You gotta imagine the perilous journey it took for me to find my Avatar, not really it's Kenket's  which is all clean that I know of. 

Haha very funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users