Girls Und Panzer Der Series is on Netflix!

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Gitgudm9 #221 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15399 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostVantablack12, on 15 July 2020 - 11:20 PM, said:

So its the same as the original right? I haven't seen the original yet.

It looks to be a remake as far as I can tell, so it may be the same. I'm not too fond of the art style (I think the corny 2000s style fitted the atmosphere of the show better), but if they stick to the script, I don't think they can go horribly wrong. The original is quite entertaining and it's worth the watch despite the edginess and occasional cringe. 

Edited by Gitgudm9, 16 July 2020 - 04:29 PM.

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

Gitgudm9 #222 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15399 battles
  • [MAHOU]
As an aside, reading through this thread made me feel so melancholic because I remember when I used to be super passionate about anime. I've gradually stopped watching it over the years, but I've always wanted to start up again. I just have trouble sticking with shows when I want to watch something new. Now I have some motivation to start again!

Vantablack12 #223 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

Crayon Eating World Champion

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

View PostGitgudm9, on 16 July 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

As an aside, reading through this thread made me feel so melancholic because I remember when I used to be super passionate about anime. I've gradually stopped watching it over the years, but I've always wanted to start up again. I just have trouble sticking with shows when I want to watch something new. Now I have some motivation to start again!

You mean nostalgic? 

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Gitgudm9 #224 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15399 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostVantablack12, on 17 July 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

You mean nostalgic? 

I thought about it, but it didn't feel right. Couldn't think of anything better 

Vantablack12 #225 Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:15 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

View PostGitgudm9, on 17 July 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I thought about it, but it didn't feel right. Couldn't think of anything better 

Understandable.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Ajax_Retro #226 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2602 battles
  • [ZARMA]

Anyway Just watched ep 1 of my highly anticipated anime of this season called Rent a Girlfriend. Basically the MC gets dumped by his current girlfriend (not even a minute passes in the anime and the MC literally gets dumped within a couple of seconds of it starting) and decides rent one through a business app/ website where you can chose any girl to date for a day. I can say is from the first episode alone it is sticking to the manga so I'm definitely continuing to watch this anime because there one other rental girlfriend I really want to see plus I also want to see how much of a she devil the MC's ex is going to be in animated form because in the manga she is like one of the "Nice" girls.

I also gotta watch Re:Zero S2 because it is getting harder to avoid spoilers in my YT feed with Crunchyroll/ anime clip videos.    

Edited by Ajax_Retro, 26 July 2020 - 03:45 PM.

Visitor from the EU server.

Most played tank: Vindicator UM with 286 battles.

Current line grind: France 

Lights : tier X, Heavies: Tier X, TD: Tier VIII. 

Current tanks that I enjoy playing: AMX 13 90, AMX ELC Bis, AMX 13 75, AMX 12t and Vindicator UM.  

Vantablack12 #227 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:26 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

View PostAjax_Retro, on 25 July 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

Anyway Just watched ep 1 of my highly anticipated anime of this season called Rent a Girlfriend. Basically the MC gets dumped by his current girlfriend (not even a minute passes in the anime and the MC literally gets dumped within a couple of seconds of it starting) and decides rent one through a business app/ website where you can chose any girl to date for a day. I can say is from the first episode alone it is sticking to the manga so I'm definitely continuing to watch this anime because there one other rental girlfriend I really want to see plus I also want to see how much of a she devil the MC's ex is going to be in animated form because in the manga she is like one of the "Nice" girls.

I also gotta watch Re:Zero S2 because it is getting harder to avoid spoilers in my YT feed with Crunchyroll/ anime clip videos.    

So basially its an anime with an MC who got a mail-order bride, but a girlfriend instead of a "wife."

RonaldusMaximus_ #228 Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [III-C]
I've been "renting girlfriends" for decades and I never needed an app.

Vantablack12 #229 Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:20 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 30 July 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

I've been "renting girlfriends" for decades and I never needed an app.

What am I suppossed to say to this? Congrats?

Ajax_Retro #230 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2602 battles
  • [ZARMA]
Just got down and watched Re:Zero S2 and poor Rem can't catch a break. In S1 a god damn flying whale deletes her form existence a couple of times also gets murdered by the Witch Cult leader and now she is out cold because some midget takes her memories leaving her in a some sort of coma. I still love the fact that despite rejecting her Subaru when finding out what happened immediately goes out looking for her and didn't even bat an eye at using his power.          

Current tanks that I enjoy playing: AMX 13 90, AMX ELC Bis, AMX 13 75, AMX 12t and Vindicator UM.  

Vantablack12 #231 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:11 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

View PostAjax_Retro, on 03 August 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Just got down and watched Re:Zero S2 and poor Rem can't catch a break. In S1 a god damn flying whale deletes her form existence a couple of times also gets murdered by the Witch Cult leader and now she is out cold because some midget takes her memories leaving her in a some sort of coma. I still love the fact that despite rejecting her Subaru when finding out what happened immediately goes out looking for her and didn't even bat an eye at using his power.          

Shhh dont spoil it for the others. 

Vantablack12 #232 Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:29 AM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

I just finished watching Goblin Slayer. I would recommend it to those of you who like drama, action, and badassery.

Pretty awsome show.

Ajax_Retro #233 Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2602 battles
  • [ZARMA]

F for KissAnime finally got taken down. All those thousands of shows gone from old to new and all those bookmarks as well.   

Mako__Reizei___ #234 Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:18 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8391 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Rip KissAnime..

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

Vantablack12 #235 Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:01 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]
Apparently they were pirating shows, stealing, and allowing ads with malware. 

Ajax_Retro #236 Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2602 battles
  • [ZARMA]

Okay this one is much better but my god the art style looks like the really badly drawn hentai shows.

Vantablack12 #237 Posted 29 August 2020 - 02:13 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]

View PostAjax_Retro, on 28 August 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Okay this one is much better but my god the art style looks like the really badly drawn hentai shows.

I hope that that art style doesn't become the norm for Kadokawa. 

Ajax_Retro #238 Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2602 battles
  • [ZARMA]

It be like that though. Now I haven't really dropped money into rolling in Azur Lane but just recently spent shed load of Wisdom Cubes I farmed and stacked up on from daily logins for Curlew when the event for a rate up of any ship in the build pool came only to not even get her.  Also that point in farming hits so close since the best torps in AL are the pure Oxygen torpedoes at 1500 cores and to get cores you have to farm any fully completed maps in hard mode or super hard mode but have only three tries a day. But you also have chapter locked ship girl drops where an SR ship girl will only drop on a certain chapter like for instance the infamous among the AL community Akagi and Kaga on Chapter 3 in 3-4 and I'm not done yet you also have priority ships that take super long to complete for your average player and sometimes you have to do them because some of the PR ships have super good skills/stats or both and can make map clearing in higher chapters easier.  

Edited by Ajax_Retro, 03 September 2020 - 08:17 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #239 Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:18 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [III-C]
That was a long half hour learning about things that I never wanted to know. And I still dont think I learned anything.

Vantablack12 #240 Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:59 PM

• Players
  • 16317 battles
  • [K9]
It scares me that there are people out there who spend 10X that amount on 2D women (or men), but I understand where they are coming from.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users