NA Queue Times Tier1

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CK_GoldenNuggets #1 Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30335 battles
  • [SYKO-]

I thought there was a method to WG's madness with the low tier balancing but I guess I was wrong.
A while back they added the "Sub 500 games players can only play with sub 500 games players and vice versa" rule... or whatever number of games it was, but this is ridiculous.
This was to stop people with a large number of games from Seal Clubbing against lower tier/newer players, but when the Queues are extremely low this seems excessive.

(I know this is excessive amounts of time to wait, but after a while I just kept waiting to make the point)

This isnt limited to Low tiers either... numbers similar or even larger times than this are known to have happened around higher tiers too, and especially in Ratings Battles.
I understand that the North American server has particularly low numbers by comparison to EU and RU...

but there arent stat hungry players waiting until 3am every morning so they can play in unregulated games until 6am and then never play again.
WG you arent going to entice seal clubbing or unfair play for the few hours their are very low player counts and the rules currently in place pretty much make playing impossible.
Theres plenty of people who work nights or wake up early or play late and after a certain time you just cant play anymore because 5-10 minute queues become more problems than they are worth.
Just drop the regulations on gameplay when the population count is sub 1000 or even 500 would be fine. 

If you dont want to do that you could even bring back the 4v4 / 3v3 games during late nights...
Anyone remember those back in the day? That stuff was the best. It was always hilarious to have 4v4 double toons, it almost felt like mini Duels of the sort.
Let me know if you guys agree or think otherwise. Have a good one and ill see ya on the battlefield 07

Edited by CK_GoldenNuggets, 18 December 2019 - 01:38 AM.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

kidthekid01 #2 Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11981 battles
  • [VALOR]
Working 3rd, I agree. I've only ever had 3v3 once.

Hobbies: Switching my avatar to a low battle avatar and pretending to be a nub

RonaldusMaximus_ #3 Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Judy knocked my tooth out

• Players
  • 10266 battles
  • [III-P]

WGs equivalent of safe spaces. Does not help anyone mature.

I find it sad they try to sell tier 2 and 3 premium vehicles and limit the ability to play them.

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1: Don't open your mouth in an alley.

tanker070 #4 Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:07 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 57763 battles
  • [SRT-A]

So tryin to get ppl to not play the game in certain way results in not playing the game at all.

Clubbers enjoyed low tier tanks cu they were good.

I was a clubber of tier6 (vk28) and as I remember it was fun to play no matter what [edited]was happening with balancing.

One way to play mid-high tiers is to fix the tech tree tanks and make em good ... Not unpenable but actually good firepower so ppl want to play rather than buy premiums for Wr clubbing's as sector of population does it now.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

EL_Din_46 #5 Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6193 battles

Having just passed 5k battles I don’t believe that there is an absolute MM rule on battle count. It appeared to be a preferential rule. When there were enough lower  battle count players in my low - mid queues MM would give me battles with players within about a 5k range. At other times I’d be matched against anyone in the queue; including a few 100,000+ players. Something else is more likely the cause of your experience.

It’s ironic, though. You’ve been mostly playing mostly T8. Perhaps if more late night newbies rushed the upper tiers your wait times would go down? 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

rhinotx #6 Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17580 battles
  • [MFW]
This is an even bigger annoyance if you took a break and are coming back to the game finding new trees you want to grind. It takes SOOOO long to get a tier 3 game that it's hard to grind, period. I want to do the European, French, and Chinese lines, but I frankly don't have that kind of time. Let us oldsters back into the lower tiers.

MegumemeLXIX #7 Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

Resident Weeb

• Players
  • 44069 battles
  • [-CF-]

View Postrhinotx, on 17 December 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

This is an even bigger annoyance if you took a break and are coming back to the game finding new trees you want to grind. It takes SOOOO long to get a tier 3 game that it's hard to grind, period. I want to do the European, French, and Chinese lines, but I frankly don't have that kind of time. Let us oldsters back into the lower tiers.

I still have't even played the tier 1-4 EU European Nation vehicles. I literally had to free xp thru all the modules and tanks to get to the tier 5 just to begin the actual grind toward those new-fangled autoreloaders.

__Crusader6__ #8 Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:36 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 61584 battles
  • [SURG3]

View PostCK_GoldenNuggets, on 17 December 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

If you dont want to do that you could even bring back the 4v4 / 3v3 games during late nights...
Anyone remember those back in the day? That stuff was the best. It was always hilarious to have 4v4 double toons, it almost felt like mini Duels of the sort.
Let me know if you guys agree or think otherwise. Have a good one and ill see ya on the battlefield 07

I remember some 3v3 when toned with a KBM player before the 'great' joining...

Oh and that was usually 3 red tier X, versus a X and 2 9's on green.

I still want a RAS in my T-54 for killing an IS-7, T62A and Obj 140 in a 3 v 3 match ;)

Tank Hoarder: 389 tanks in Garage:  385/395 aced

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

ironconch25 #9 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

Water Closet Warrior

• Players
  • 62926 battles
  • [-VWV-]
For the lower Tiers (I-IV), if you have “same control mode” switched on, then switch it off. That helped me with queue times when I went back to play EU line lower tiers.

godzilla5599_warrior #10 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 608 battles

Try getting into a level ten game after midnight eastern time...I literally spend ten minutes a match trying to play which is ridiculous and it's even levels seven,eight,and nine sometimes like last night I had a hell of a time playing at all.

So I spend over an hour getting in maybe a half dozen games or a couple hours which sucks because I'd like to do something else then trying to play this damn game I just want it so I can hop in quick and play a round when I get bored writing but nooooooooo I get stuck in waiting hell :angry: 

__Crusader6__ #11 Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:42 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 61584 battles
  • [SURG3]

Turn off Same Control Mode, and not Supremacy and Encounter modes on (well the S&E Mode won't do anything for 1-4)

I don't have issues getting into game in tiers 1-10 -- well except ratings, sometimes that is a ridiculous wait.

Tank Hoarder: 389 tanks in Garage:  385/395 aced

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

godzilla5599_warrior #12 Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 608 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 17 December 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Turn off Same Control Mode, and not Supremacy and Encounter modes on (well the S&E Mode won't do anything for 1-4)

I don't have issues getting into game in tiers 1-10 -- well except ratings, sometimes that is a ridiculous wait.

Mine's off and have you tried after midnight? Go do that and get back to me.

EL_Din_46 #13 Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6193 battles

Here’s an idea. The OP’s screenshot isn’t the only one I’ve seen with a sub 100 player queue and long wait times. What if WG shut down one server when the queue size dropped below a decent level? Wouldn’t the single queue go to normal levels (or better)? 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Also tagged with NA, Queue, Times, Tier1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users