Swedish championship in modeling 2019.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:10 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 25246 battles
  • [NOGUD]

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:47 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 28192 battles
  • [-0]
Good to see you again Boris :medal:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wrecker1968 #3 Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48217 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Impressive detail. The water rescue and the P61 black widow are deftly my favorites. Thank you for sharing this

boris55555 #4 Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:51 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27155 battles
  • [MINC]
+1 opens a a ferd
***6.7/6.8/6.9 have Broken the game Wg not even bothering to fix. “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke. ***
Oh -- and they really don't want to admit that Missiles were a mistake  -  they died on the hill that was update 3.8  - and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well.” B Prime

Communication has failed. Wg does not understand that non LOS attacks break their game. No more $$$$. B5

BVZ_24 #5 Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:36 PM

Glass Cannon

• Players
  • 18709 battles
  • [EDGE]
Clickbait title. I was expecting the other type of Swedish models. 

tedg5 #6 Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:52 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 52989 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Nice, :great:

Vantablack12 #7 Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:20 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [K9]

Super cool! I'm a beginner in modeling myself, so these models are godlike compared to mine.

I particularly like the thumbnail showing the crew taking a break

Edited by Vantablack12, 18 December 2019 - 06:01 PM.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

"Success is how high you can bounce when you hit bottom." -also Patton

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn’t thinking" -Patton again

_Cletus #8 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:59 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27038 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostBVZ_24, on 18 December 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

Clickbait title. I was expecting the other type of Swedish models. 

Hey Boris!  We've missed you!

The models were cool, but there weren't enough boobs.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:06 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 11625 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostVantablack12, on 18 December 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Super cool! I'm a beginner in modeling myself, so these models are godlike compared to mine.

I particularly like the thumbnail showing the crew taking a break

I just recently started building Gunpla with my 11 year old daughter. I always drool at the tank models at the hobby shop.  Once I get airbrushing mastered Imma order me that T95!

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1: Don't open your mouth in an alley.

Immel_man #10 Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65480 battles
  • [YODA_]

Plastic modeling is how I discovered blitz. 
I was sitting there at my work bench either waiting for paint to dry, looking for inspiration for a next project or stalling on some kinda work I find tedious when I started clicking around the App Store on my MacBook looking for a good sim. Not sure how I eventually found blitz, but here I am! 

A few of my recents:

Edited by Immel_man, 15 January 2020 - 12:52 AM.

Vantablack12 #11 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:17 AM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [K9]

View PostImmel_man, on 14 January 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

Plastic modeling is how I discovered blitz. 
I was sitting there at my work bench either waiting for paint to dry, looking for inspiration for a next project or stalling on some kinda work I find tedious when I started clicking around the App Store on my MacBook looking for a good sim. Not sure how I eventually found blitz, but here I am! 

A few of my recents:

Nice! I'm a novice in modeling so my models don't look like that yet. Someday I will make them as good as this. Keep it up!

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Immel_man #12 Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65480 battles
  • [YODA_]

I finished up a Marder III that I thought I would share here. 1/48 scale, by Tamiya;

Vantablack12 #13 Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:43 AM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [K9]

View PostImmel_man, on 29 January 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

I finished up a Marder III that I thought I would share here. 1/48 scale, by Tamiya;

Very nice! How did you go about painting it? Did you build most of it before you painted or did you paint everything before assembly?

Immel_man #14 Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65480 battles
  • [YODA_]
Thanks.
I try and assemble as much as possible before painting. In this case, the tracks were glued around the road wheels as one assembly so I could paint them separately from the rest of the tank. Other than that the whole thing was assembled and painted together.
I air brush the camo, brush paint details scratches, paint chips etc, oil wash details, pigments for earthen effects mud, dust etc that’s my process in a nut shell. Layers are key though. It’s never step by step. I typically am going back and forth between steps to layer everything on top of one another bit by bit so that the cumulative effect gives it depth. For instance; I start by “preshading” (painting low points like panel lines a darker shade of the camo). Then the base camo gets painted, leaving hints of the preshade underneath. Tonal variations are then built up. Higher horizontal panels will get lighter mixes of the base camo, the turret tops will be more sun bleached that say behind the road wheels of the hull. That’s just airbrushing portion. Like I said, layers. 

Edited by Immel_man, 30 January 2020 - 05:35 AM.

Vantablack12 #15 Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [K9]

View PostImmel_man, on 29 January 2020 - 11:16 PM, said:

Thanks.
I try and assemble as much as possible before painting. In this case, the tracks were glued around the road wheels as one assembly so I could paint them separately from the rest of the tank. Other than that the whole thing was assembled and painted together.
I air brush the camo, brush paint details scratches, paint chips etc, oil wash details, pigments for earthen effects mud, dust etc that’s my process in a nut shell. Layers are key though. It’s never step by step. I typically am going back and forth between steps to layer everything on top of one another bit by bit so that the cumulative effect gives it depth. For instance; I start by “preshading” (painting low points like panel lines a darker shade of the camo). Then the base camo gets painted, leaving hints of the preshade underneath. Tonal variations are then built up. Higher horizontal panels will get lighter mixes of the base camo, the turret tops will be more sun bleached that say behind the road wheels of the hull. That’s just airbrushing portion. Like I said, layers. 

What airbrush and compressor do you use? I have a very basic 50$ airbrush and compressor that is probably not very good.

Edited by Vantablack12, 30 January 2020 - 02:15 PM.

Immel_man #16 Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65480 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostVantablack12, on 30 January 2020 - 06:14 AM, said:

What airbrush and compressor do you use? I have a very basic 50$ airbrush and compressor that is probably not very good.

I’ve been using the iwata HPC+ For the last 20 years. And iwatas power jet pro compressor. Neither one has failed me. Compressors with tank  reservoir is key, you get that consistent pressure.

I’ve tried lots of different airbrushes over the years and the HPC+ is my favorite by a long shot. It’s simple enough to be easy to use and clean. You can get parts when you inevitably bend a needle tip. The nozzle needle size (.30) is perfect for me, my scale, and the type of paints I use. Hope that helps. 

Edited by Immel_man, 30 January 2020 - 03:07 PM.

Vantablack12 #17 Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [K9]

View PostImmel_man, on 30 January 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

I’ve been using the iwata HPC+ For the last 20 years. And iwatas power jet pro compressor. Neither one has failed me. Compressors with tank  reservoir is key, you get that consistent pressure.

I’ve tried lots of different airbrushes over the years and the HPC+ is my favorite by a long shot. It’s simple enough to be easy to use and clean. You can get parts when you inevitably bend a needle tip. The nozzle needle size (.30) is perfect for me, my scale, and the type of paints I use. Hope that helps. 

Thanks! It was very helpful. 

Edit: Ouch, that's expensive.

Edited by Vantablack12, 30 January 2020 - 03:44 PM.

Immel_man #18 Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65480 battles
  • [YODA_]
Check eBay and Amazon for the airbrush, when I replaced mine I think I found one for about half the cost of what I bought it for originally
The compressor I don’t know about. Any tank style compressor will do just make sure you have a moisture trapped. Garage sales craigslist stuff like that is a good place to find a cheap used compressor they’re just not typically of the compact size for desktop hobby like model building.

Vantablack12 #19 Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:46 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 13185 battles
  • [K9]

View PostImmel_man, on 30 January 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Check eBay and Amazon for the airbrush, when I replaced mine I think I found one for about half the cost of what I bought it for originally
The compressor I don’t know about. Any tank style compressor will do just make sure you have a moisture trapped. Garage sales craigslist stuff like that is a good place to find a cheap used compressor they’re just not typically of the compact size for desktop hobby like model building.

Amazon has the airbrush for 190$. I found a small Craftsman air compressor for about 150$. I think I'll have to buy a moisture trap for it though.

Edited by Vantablack12, 30 January 2020 - 04:47 PM.

Immel_man #20 Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65480 battles
  • [YODA_]
I think I paid $350 the first time I bought the HPC+
You should be able to find a moisture trap for $12-$20 I’m guessing. And don’t skip the trap. There’s no quicker way to ruin a model than to have it start spitting paint and water in the middle of painting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users