Suggestions on Win Rate

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

kbrower42613 #1 Posted 28 December 2019 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18488 battles
  • [PTBS]
Win Rate is a big deal for some reason. I have been put on so many teams where our stats are no where near as high to the enemy teams stats. (Their wr, number of battles, etc..) I can’t even keep track of the number of teams I have been put on where 6 out of 7 of us have below 50% WR and less than 10,000 battles and then the enemy team has 4-5 out of 7 with above 55% WR with over 10,000 battles. Completely not fair. I have horrible luck with teams. I get frustrated because the majority of those losses, I am in the top 2 damage. But my win rate suffers from my horrible teams. 1 tank can rarely take on the whole team when your team dies super fast. So what if the win rate gets changed so that if you’re on the losing team and you get in the top 2 damage, your win rate doesn’t go down. It just stays the same. I think this would help give an incentive for players to do better and would help those who really are decent players, to have a chance of getting their win rate up. 

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 34731 battles

Just gonna drop this here.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/kbrower42613

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Morphman11 #3 Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
Spend $400 on a premium rng package.

Edited by Morphman11, 29 December 2019 - 12:26 AM.

OFFFICIAL PUBLIC RELATIONS for the Morphman YouTube Channel

Morphman11 #4 Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
1200 avg at tier 8 is pathetic. That is below the hp values of majority of vehicles at tier 8. The only common factor is you on those teams. There is no need to incentivize bad play for salty little scrublords. There is a reason why it’s called win-rate. That means you take the total number of wins and divide that by total number of battles. Implementing a stupid system only results in stupid consequences.
OFFFICIAL PUBLIC RELATIONS for the Morphman YouTube Channel

KabukiJack #5 Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4714 battles

It looks like the player is performing above average, at least when I checked the CDC stats.

What's PATHETIC is the attitude in these forums. The whole problem with WOT Blitz is this toxic environment fostered by the "unicums" who condescend on everyone else who are all obviously "nubs" and deserve to be trashed. All at the heavy promotion of Wargaming, who pushes everyone to play above their level and then, of course, profits from it by selling them high tier equipment they are not ready to play. These "uni[s]cums" should try to be a little more humane. So pathetic.

anoninsiderfortrue #6 Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 62 battles

View PostMorphman11, on 29 December 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

1200 avg at tier 8 is pathetic. That is below the hp values of majority of vehicles at tier 8. The only common factor is you on those teams. There is no need to incentivize bad play for salty little scrublords. There is a reason why it’s called win-rate. That means you take the total number of wins and divide that by total number of battles. Implementing a stupid system only results in stupid consequences.

In every tier 1200 avg damage is the decent damage since most of the team does lesser damage than that, and since most of the team doesn't even knows what's an armour and how to penetrate or angle, i have to stay alive and do at least 3k damage in every damn battle, and that's what i do ever since i'm playing this, i've lost many games because of players who doesn't even does any damage, seriously, 0 heckin damage, I'm sure i can do 1k damage with Löwe only playing with HE, what I need always are these players who does above 700 dmg, don't be so toxic, the only pathetic thing is you.

Edited by anoninsiderfortrue, 29 December 2019 - 05:59 AM.

Merami #7 Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4853 battles
  • [KAWAI]

I think the only way to increase your win rate is to improve yourself.
Introducing such a system basically deletes the very meaning of 'Win Rate' i.e. the % of total battles played that you've actually Won< 
As for your case, if you are able to dish out the damage to be on the top 2, but cannot find yourself to win. Try to improve your macro. Position yourself to support your team's lemming and play well enough you will be making sure that a 5v1 scenario never happens in the first place :P

Also i dont think all unicums share that attitude

Edited by PanzersSchiffe, 04 January 2020 - 04:11 PM.

weoi #8 Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:28 AM

Private

• Players
  • 39457 battles
  • [21B]

I've been wondering if win rate could be adjusted to more accurately reflect a player. As a player racks up more games, it becomes harder and harder to move the WR up or down (though down is always easier).

Wouldn't having a WR display the battles won/lost out of the past 100 games, as an example, be more reflective of their current abilities rather than have the win rate stuck on old performances? I know when I started, I had no idea what the heck I was doing and just ran around the map mindlessly or camped till the end of the game. Kinda sucks that my WR is stuck still suffering from those days of idiocy.

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #9 Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:23 AM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 66357 battles
  • [CRYBB]

View Postweoi, on 14 January 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

I've been wondering if win rate could be adjusted to more accurately reflect a player. As a player racks up more games, it becomes harder and harder to move the WR up or down (though down is always easier).

Wouldn't having a WR display the battles won/lost out of the past 100 games, as an example, be more reflective of their current abilities rather than have the win rate stuck on old performances? I know when I started, I had no idea what the heck I was doing and just ran around the map mindlessly or camped till the end of the game. Kinda sucks that my WR is stuck still suffering from those days of idiocy.

yes, it certainly does become more difficult to move ones winrate as more games are played... each game has less weight than the one before it, but you can still tick your wr% up if you're consistent. 

100 battles is honestly too small of a sample size; 30/60/90 day stats are available on blitzstars.

#2 TOG captain (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

bwcamp #10 Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8793 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Postanoninsiderfortrue, on 29 December 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

In every tier 1200 avg damage is the decent damage since most of the team does lesser damage than that, and since most of the team doesn't even knows what's an armour and how to penetrate or angle, i have to stay alive and do at least 3k damage in every damn battle, and that's what i do ever since i'm playing this, i've lost many games because of players who doesn't even does any damage, seriously, 0 heckin damage, I'm sure i can do 1k damage with Löwe only playing with HE, what I need always are these players who does above 700 dmg, don't be so toxic, the only pathetic thing is you.

no, like he said, 1200 is pathetic at tier 8, I can do 1200 at tier 6, even tier 5 at times. 200+ each tier is the absolute minimum you need to perform close to well

Also, what the heck is with the wave of new people to the forums? Did Mad games spawn them or something??

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

_BobaFett #11 Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:57 PM

Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 18010 battles
  • [BOBA_]

View Postbwcamp, on 15 January 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

no, like he said, 1200 is pathetic at tier 8, I can do 1200 at tier 6, even tier 5 at times. 200+ each tier is the absolute minimum you need to perform close to well

Also, what the heck is with the wave of new people to the forums? Did Mad games spawn them or something??

2019. :)

bwcamp #12 Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8793 battles
  • [MOD3]

View Post_BobaFett, on 15 January 2021 - 02:57 PM, said:

2019. :)

:P

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

weoi #13 Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:32 AM

Private

• Players
  • 39457 battles
  • [21B]

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 15 January 2021 - 04:23 AM, said:

yes, it certainly does become more difficult to move ones winrate as more games are played... each game has less weight than the one before it, but you can still tick your wr% up if you're consistent. 

100 battles is honestly too small of a sample size; 30/60/90 day stats are available on blitzstars.

Yeah. 100 just a easy round number off the top of my head. I saw my own profile for the first time (I think) yesterday. Didn't realize there were the 30/60/90 day stats. Those would be very good alternative than the cumulative WR in the game. Well, not that it serves any other purpose than just vanity.

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users