A new war?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

dport02 #1 Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31979 battles
  • [-FE4R]

I know this is off topic, but I’m seeking peoples opinion on whether war could break out between the US and Iran. After the killing of one of the top Iranian generals, Iran doesn’t seem too happy, wants wants to retaliate, one way or another. Now when I think about it, it seems silly that their could be another war. But if Iran sought revenge and the US began attacks on Iran, China or Russia could be pulled in, which is a scary thought to me. But I think I’m just thinking too deep on it. How do y’all think this will unfold?

[ #2.6 Politics / Current Events - Closing ] 

RNG is rigged !

boris55555 #2 Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:00 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 28125 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postdport02, on 06 January 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

I know this is off topic, but I’m seeking peoples opinion on whether war could break out between the US and Iran. After the killing of one of the top Iranian generals, Iran doesn’t seem too happy, wants wants to retaliate, one way or another. Now when I think about it, it seems silly that their could be another war. But if Iran sought revenge and the US began attacks on Iran, China or Russia could be pulled in, which is a scary thought to me. But I think I’m just thinking too deep on it. How do y’all think this will unfold?

Somewhere else and not on the forum hopefully

:amazed:6.7/6.8/6.9/6.10/7.0 now we have LAME tanks w broken mechanic “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke.
WATCH THE SPRING MISSILE TOURNAMENTS; SUPERHEAVIES & TRICK SHOTS. Top down non los magic “situational” missiles on a LAME platform is STILL poorly thought out. Urrrrgggg 

Silver_Lions #3 Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:12 AM

Illegitimi non Carborundum

• Players
  • 22080 battles
  • [GHOST]

No war is going to break out,  the draft isn’t coming back, and despite what one pundit allegedly posted on Reddit, Iran will not be invading the US.

Iran is broke,  no Air Force to speak of, their Navy consists mostly ( not entirely ), of rubber inflated craft with machine guns.  Their Army is a flaming joke.   In my previous career, I helped investigate and prosecute some of their “Buying Agents”,  who were circumventing US law, and buying surplus gear and parts, I kid you not,  from Army- Navy Stores, and what was being sold piece by piece on EBay.   That’s where the state of their ArmedForces  are.

What your gonna see is little sneaky attacks on oil refineries, a few tankers here and there, dumb crap like that.  War? Iran has been waging a low intensity warfare in the region since the Ayatolah ousted the Shah.   Didn’t help things when they got pallets of cash dropped off in the last administration.  That money went straight to Hezbollah, Houthi’s, Hamas, and Shi’ite militias in Iraq.....

Morphman11 #4 Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
Discussion of politics is banned by forum rules. Read them.

cheasesteak #5 Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21522 battles
  • [COD-R]
No war is going to happen. It’s all political theater being pushed by the “Orange Man bad” folks. 

Like Soleimani, Epstein didn’t kill himself

Silver_Lions #6 Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

Illegitimi non Carborundum

• Players
  • 22080 battles
  • [GHOST]

View PostMorphman11, on 06 January 2020 - 11:41 PM, said:

Discussion of politics is banned by forum rules. Read them.

what part of this so far is political?    straight facts, that’s it.   Deal with them....

RommelTanker #7 Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:28 AM

He who is supremely annoying

• Players
  • 7542 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View PostSilver_Lions, on 06 January 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

what part of this so far is political?    straight facts, that’s it.   Deal with them....

I think Morph was dropped as a child and so suffers from a case of worse "I'm always right and you're always wrong" syndrome than I do

Iran isn't stupid enough to attack the US. They lack the manpower or technology to even scratch whatever we throw at them. They still use T-72s' as their MBT, a 40-year-old Soviet MBT with an outdated armor profile and woefully inadequate 125mm gun. The cartridges used by our current Abrams could and probably would punch holes through the front glacis plate of a T-72 like a bullet through butter.

Like Lion said, what'll end up happening is guerilla attacks on critical resources like oil and whatever crops they grow in the middle east (isn't it like, coffee?). Iran is too bankrupt and behind the times to wage a full-scale war on the US. That doesn't mean Russia may not want to get involved but all Russia will do is provide Iran some pathetic amount of military funding and lend them a couple of thousand AK-74s, if even that happens. 

Something something insert joke here

originalmadkilla #8 Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16290 battles
  • [OMK]

Iran is a joke.:playing:

People and the media are acting all excited, as if anything is new. Those monkeys have been chanting the same thing for many, many decades now "death to the USA blah blah blah".

Their military is a joke, their military equipment is a joke and their tactics are equivalent to the typical 30 - 40% nub in Blitz.:izmena:

The USA is a unicum in comparison. They can just try something, and see how we respond. It wont be pretty (for them).:justwait:

Posit1ve_ #9 Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:09 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 58622 battles
  • [_V_]

There's not going to be a war.

Iran's leadership's #1 priority is keeping their heads attached to their bodies. The killing of Soleimani has proven to Iran's leadership that the United States will separate their heads from their bodies if they try anything. 

Iran will be forced to do some sort of small scale retaliation, like a few rocket attacks, maybe some small scale terrorist activity somewhere just to prove that their government is still functional, but realistically, they have almost no options to actually hit back. 

Even if Iran had a military on par with China's or something, there's no large move they can realistically make without having their regime dismantled. 

From a geopolitical standpoint, Iran doesn't really have anyone who would stop the US from dismantling the Khomeini regime. Iran is one of the largest regional powers in its neighborhood, so most of its neighbors lack the strength to help them; and in general many countries on Iran's west, such as Syria, Lebanon, and Yemen are only being propped up by Iranian support. To the east, Iranian relations with countries like Pakistan are only lukewarm at best, and certainly not strong enough for them to risk their necks to help Iran in any sort of conflict. As for the Russians, while they certainly appreciate Iranian support in keeping Assad propped up in Syria, their relationship at best is a sort of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deal, and Russia has telegraphed no real support for Iran in this situation. As for the Chinese, they're a little bit of a wildcard, having deep economic interests in keeping Iran friendly to China, and antagonists with the US, but I can't imagine China choosing to risk its current trajectory by openly supporting Iran in a war, and this is not to mention China would be unable to project any sort of meaningful force in Iran, being cut off by the Hindu Kush mountain regions in Afghanistan, and the ability of the US navy to deny the route through the Arabian Sea/Gulf of Oman. China simply would not jeopardize their long range economic plans by engaging in a war they can't win, although they would prefer Iran's regime to remain in place, and Chinese diplomats are surely informing Iran's leadership of this. 

As for American interests in all of this, while decapitating the Ayatollah regime in Iran would clearly throw a serious monkey wrench in Russian and Chinese agendas in the region, the US still has little to gain in a larger conflict. If the Ayatollah regime is destroyed, Iran could be a serious power vacuum, a la Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria, something we definitely wish to avoid, thus the realistic ideal outcome is for the Ayatollahs to remain in power, but under close watch, and they cannot be allowed to continue to project such serious regional influence as they are now, and the killing of Soleimani is a good step in reigning them in. 

The way you know things will be fine is that the one country in the region with the most to lose, Israel, being the easiest target for any Iranian counter-move, has commended the decision to kill Soleimani in response to Iran's constant escalation of aggression in the region. 

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Dances_with_Death #10 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 112938 battles
  • [BHOTT]
The is a new sheriff in town who is willing to hit back and hit back hard when Iran gets out of line.  They know that now and if they have half a brain they will scale down their terrorist activities or the new sheriff will pick them apart and destroy them piece by piece until they do.  Don't expect more troops to be thrown away trying to change and prop up the despotic countries in that area.  That gravy train has left town and won't be back.  Get out of line and you will get your asss kicked.  No more spineless actions on our part.  We need to get out of there honorably, and when they get out of line internationally remind them forcefully why they should not continue.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users