5 replies to this topic

MG16 #1 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28950 battles
  • [HRNET]

Guide: The Chi-To

Made by: MG16

Background: The Chi-To is a tier 6 Japanese medium tank and it is currently between the tier 5 Chi-Nu and the tier 7 Chi Ri in the Japanese medium line that leads to the STB-1. In future updates, it will most likely be the tank that will be used to branch off into the Japanese tank destroyer line. As of right now, January 12th, 2020, the Chi-To holds an average win rate of 51.52% and many players complain that the tank is lacking and weak. In my opinion, the Chi-To is a bit worse compared to other medium tanks in its tier.

Statistics:
Cost: 940,000 credits; 6,790 credits to repair
HP: 970 (1030 with Improved Assembly)
Hull Armor front/side/rear: 75/35/35 
Turret Armor front/side/rear: 75/50/50 
View Range: 238.9 meters (275.4 with food/Improved Optics)

Spoiler

Gun: 7.5 cm Tank Gun Type 5 Model 1
Standard shell penetration (AP): 155 (163 with Calibrated Shells)
Prammo shell penetration (Premium AP): 186 (195 with Calibrated Shells)
High-Explosive Shell penetration: 38 (42 with Calibrated Shells)
Gun depression/elevation: 10 degrees/20 degrees

Average damage AP/Premium AP/HE: 160/135/200
Damage per minute: 1721 (1940 with food/Gun Rammer)
Reload time: 5.54 seconds (4.95 seconds with food/Gun Rammer)
Dispersion at 100m: 0.364 (0.349 with food)
Aiming Time: 4 seconds (3.2 seconds with food/equipment)

Engine: Mitsubishi AL Type 4 Kuurei V-12; 460 Horsepower
Speed Limit: 45 km/h forwards, 18 km/h reverse
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 13.6 hp/t (14.3 with fuel/equipment)
Hull Traverse: 52.14 deg/s (56.47 with provisions/equipment)
Turret Traverse: 41.3 deg/s (43.18 with provisions)
Chance of Fire when engine is hit: 15%

Advantages: 

- Gun Depression: The Chi-To has an amazing gun depression of 10 degrees. This allows the tank to work ridgelines and hit enemies that won't expect getting hit from the Chi-To's position.

- Great accuracy/dispersion: The gun on the Chi-To can be used to snipe enemies at mid to long ranges. Combine this with the relatively fast rate of fire and it will quickly bleed enemy vehicles without getting spotted. When up close, the dispersion and quick aim time can help the Chi-To snapshot cupolas to pen the opposition.

Disadvantages:

- Paper armor: The armor is not to be relied on when driving this tank. Almost any gun can pen it with regular AP rounds and some tanks can even pen it frontally with their HE rounds. The turret can be somewhat trollish if it gets hit in the gun mantlet but the Chi-To also has a big cupola that can be hit quite easily.
- Large Size:  This tank's profile is quite large and it can be hard to hide it behind cover. There are many map positions where a T-34-85 or a Cromwell can hide behind but the Chi-To cannot as it is also tall. This plus the weak armor is a perfect shot for the high damage inaccurate guns, like the KV-2 :sceptic: Credit: This disadvantage was brought up to me by Vantablack12

Playstyles:

- Second-line support: Play behind your heavies as an extra gun, helping them take down the opposition in front of them. Or, you can cover their sides by preventing enemy mediums/lights from flanking them. Conserve your health by letting your heavies take the shots as you don't have the armor to absorb any damage. The great accuracy will help you snipe at a distance.

- Flanking: The Chi-To, even though it may not be the fastest medium in tier 6, can still put up a nice flank. Get around the enemy with a couple of other mediums/lights and use that DPM to put shells into their sides so your heavies have an easier time against their tanks.

- Ridge-line warrior: The 10 degrees of gun depression is very effective on hills and tall terrain. Use it to snipe down on your enemies where their armor won't be as effective due to the negated angles. Constantly move your tank back and forth and wiggle your turret to have a chance at your enemies bouncing a shell of your turret or missing it entirely. The quick aim time will let you hit a shot easily.

Recommended Equipment: Gun Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Vertical Stabilizers, Defense System+, Improved Assembly, Improved Optics, Engine Accelerator

Spoiler

Well, you have reached the end of the guide. I hope this will help you in your Chi-To gameplay. Good luck and have fun out there on the battlefield!

Edited by MG16, 12 January 2020 - 10:36 PM.

Texas_Tyrant #2 Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9527 battles
  • [UTC]
Wow, that last shot! Amazing!

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Kiwi_Kebab #3 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5913 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Ive liked the Chi-To for a long time. At one point, it was my most played tank on my 1st account (passed up eventually by Dicker Max). It's gun isn't super powerful, but it's very reliable: good pen and great accuracy, in addition to having -10 gun depression. 

If it was a bit faster, it would be a very strong tank. People hate having mediocre mobility in combination with zero armor. I think the tank is fine for a tier 6 medium, although I agree there are better options at the tier, such as the Easy 8 and T-34-85.

Vantablack12 #4 Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 13934 battles
  • [K9]
You forgot to mention that this thing is about as big as a Tiger 1.

Edited by Vantablack12, 12 January 2020 - 08:08 PM.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

MG16 #5 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28950 battles
  • [HRNET]

View PostVantablack12, on 12 January 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

You forgot to mention that this thing is about as big as a Tiger 1.

Oooh yes, I did forget about that, I'll incorporate it into the guide, thanks!

Kiwi_Kebab #6 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5913 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Also, make mention of what modules to get in what order. I'd get engine/gun, turret, tracks. 

The stock turret only lets you have 6 degrees of gun depression, which is super annoying. 

Also tagged with Blitz, Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users