Just A Quick Rant (nothing special)

bad teams top damage team MVP 10 times in a row

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Just A Quick Rant (nothing special) (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are you guys and gals sick of these kinds of threads? Where they rant about teams, or RNG, or the MM?

1. Yes (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. Don't care either way (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. It gives me a chance to rant about the same things without opening my own thread about it ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Hide poll

Mr_Qwertyxsad #1 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12472 battles
  • [TOES]

So I'm sure I'm not the first or last to mention this, but the teams have been bad with all caps and maybe a upside down exclamation point.  I was driving around in T6 this morning using the WZ-131G FT to finish grinding out the XP needed to unlock the T-34-2G FT.  Quite the nice little tank, would highly recommend the tank to any who liked the Angry Connor or the Jg. Pz. IV.  But no amount of me doing 1.6k, 1.8k, not even a 2.9k Blitz Stars top 10 fight could pull a victory.

I finally had to break out the Cromwell B in order to win.  Before I was on a 10+ loosing streak with me being top damage in the battle about 80% of the time, with notable exceptions being that one battle where my ping hit 14k and I spent 30 seconds spinning in a circle endlessly...

Anyone have any tips I could use aside from driving around in borderline OP tanks forever?  Because the time spent in thsoe takes away from battles I could use to grind out my lines.

"If you run out of ammo, load your buddies flask and fire again!"

[TOES] member

__The_Dude_30__ #2 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [CRUEL]

I have also been having terrible luck with teams lately, here are some good examples from tanks I've just recently purchased:

Progetto 46: 

Average damage: 1974

WR: 50%

Standard B:

Average Damage: 2581

WR: 38%

Even when you do your job, the teams just crumble around you.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Ronin_23 #3 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 23904 battles

When it's like this you just have to settle for high damage. Average 2k, 3k, whatever your personal goal and ceiling is. If you do that, even when you lose, you're keeping up good stats.

It's still infuriating to me having those streaks (haha downvote me!) but far better to at least put out good numbers.

_Cletus #4 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29473 battles
  • [III-P]
Yeah but it goes both ways.  For the last week I've been playing the Progetto 46 and for the first 30 games I was at 77%, the next 30 games at 48%.  So I had a run of real good teams, and then a run of real bad teams.  And I've seen a lot of cases where the match starts and my team starts doing really dumb things, auto-loss for sure, but then I find out the red team has managed to do even dumber things.  So yeah, it's tough when you get a bunch of crappy teams, but exercise patience and you'll end up on the other side of it sometimes too.

Mr_Qwertyxsad #5 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12472 battles
  • [TOES]

View Post_Cletus, on 13 January 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah but it goes both ways.  For the last week I've been playing the Progetto 46 and for the first 30 games I was at 77%, the next 30 games at 48%.  So I had a run of real good teams, and then a run of real bad teams.  And I've seen a lot of cases where the match starts and my team starts doing really dumb things, auto-loss for sure, but then I find out the red team has managed to do even dumber things.  So yeah, it's tough when you get a bunch of crappy teams, but exercise patience and you'll end up on the other side of it sometimes too.

I'm trying to exercise patience.  But I get caught between the rock and a hard place of "Act and die, but take two reds or more with you" or "watch my team continue to drumple around you as you farm damage and face the real posisbility of a 1v5."

The Paper tank I was driving is not really able to handle more than two tanks at a time.  Three if I have cover to hide behind.  Four is an iffy, and only if I am sniping.

"If you run out of ammo, load your buddies flask and fire again!"

[TOES] member

Doilky #6 Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 19636 battles
  • [EXTRA]

View Post_Cletus, on 13 January 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

It is always the nice surprise when your team seems like an obvious auto loss because they spin in circles and fail to leave spawn in the first 30 seconds, only to find out the reds haven't left after a minute and are all giving you their sides.  I've had a few games that seemed like an auto-loss turn into steamroll win.  

I have to say, I fully expected the game play to be stronger at tier 10 ( I just got my first tech tree tier 9 last week). Tier 10 seems like its chock full of horrible players, just like the other tiers.... either that or the Standard B is just that good of a tank. 

_Cletus #7 Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29473 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostDoilky, on 13 January 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

It is always the nice surprise when your team seems like an obvious auto loss because they spin in circles and fail to leave spawn in the first 30 seconds, only to find out the reds haven't left after a minute and are all giving you their sides.  I've had a few games that seemed like an auto-loss turn into steamroll win.  

I have to say, I fully expected the game play to be stronger at tier 10 ( I just got my first tech tree tier 9 last week). Tier 10 seems like its chock full of horrible players, just like the other tiers.... either that or the Standard B is just that good of a tank. 

When I first started and ran up the lines, got my IS-4, I'd drop into a tier X game and get instantly deleted.  It was really hard.  Now, sure I'm a much better player, but tier X is no longer the mountain it once was.  I do just as well at tier X as I do anywhere else these days.  Part of the blame goes to the availability of tier X premiums, anybody with a credit card can fight in tier X now.  Back in the day you had to at least grind out a line to get there.

TigerBrewed #8 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7561 battles
  • [ORCA]
Ive been picking myself back up lately, all thanks to my T28 Concept.  Just broke 100 battles in it and I think Im at  69% WR in it.  Most of the time Im relying on its armor to win me out whenever Im the last tank standing against 2, 3 or sometimes 4 reds.  In any other vehicle I wouldve ate dirt, but riding a tank with some carrying capacity really helps.
When in doubt, fight dirty.

_Crusader6_ #9 Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 67053 battles
  • [DEF]

Nature of life. 
   FWIW my WR has been dropping in the last 30-60-90, but all my other stats are going up (DR, Avg Dmg, SR, Dmg/tier etc) so I’m accepting of the fact that I just need to carry harder than before.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users