Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7104 battles
  • [ORCA]

Collection:

Flanking 101 (v1.1)

The Subtle Art of Brawling (v1.0)

Ammo Types (v1.1)

o7 tankers!  Just for fun, I started creating WoT Blitz infographics featuring some basic concepts and tutorials.  This is in hopes of helping out the new players, and as a bit of entertainment.  I'll be making more as I feel the mood, and leave some ideas of what you'd like to see me cover next.  

Edited by TigerBrewed, 16 January 2020 - 11:41 PM.

r3dter #2 Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11077 battles
  • [N-W-1]

These are great!
I have a few comments on ammo types though:
APCR and HEAT are not solely premium rounds, some tanks use these as standard rounds. ie. IS-5, WZ-113, T49, Nightmare. In these cases, APCR and HEAT will do the same amount of damage AP will do at that gun caliber.

T49 technically uses HESH as it's premium rounds.
AP and APCR have penetration decrease over distance, with APCR penetration dropping more than AP.

AP and APCR bounce at angles of 70 degrees. You probably knew that, but it would help clarify you saying "Deflects against angled armor". 

HE is not a fast moving shell, HE has the same speed as HEAT.

HE and HEAT do bounce; however, they do so at an extreme angle of 85 degrees.

AP and APCR have angle normalization of 5 degrees and 2 degrees respectively. For example, if you fired at armor angled at 45 degrees with AP, the effective angle of the armor would be 40 degrees, and it would be 43 with APCR.

Lastly, there are two gun caliber rules in WoTB: the two caliber rule and the three caliber rule.

Two Caliber Rule: If the caliber of shell you are firing is twice the thickness of the armor plate it is striking, the effective angle is cut in half. 
ie. If you shoot at a 40mm armor plate with a 85mm gun at 60 degrees, the effective angle is 30 degrees, making the effective armor about 50mm instead of 80mm

Three Caliber Rule: If the caliber of shell you are firing is three times the thickness of the armor plate it is striking, the shell will penetrate at any angle.

ie. If you shoot at a 40mm armor plate with a 122mm gun at an angle of 80 degrees with AP, although AP usually bounces at angles larger than 70 degrees, because of the three caliber rule the shell will penetrate regardless. 

I think this is right and I hope it helps.
Sincerely, 

Me.

TigerBrewed #3 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7104 battles
  • [ORCA]
Thanks for the reply, I think some of my sources were outdated or wrong.  I went and updated the segment (v1.1), and I'll do another one on just for armor and penetration mechanics later since theres enough substance there to dedicate its own section.

Edited by TigerBrewed, 17 January 2020 - 02:11 AM.

Also tagged with tigerbrewed, tutorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users