• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

originalmadkilla #21 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16290 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostBachus131, on 21 January 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

So everyone drives the same tank? = boring games and gives no incentive for players to buy new tanks so WG loses money as well as players.

Yes, I suppose that's what would happen over time.:playing:

I didn't say it would be a good thing though or that it wouldn't be boring.

If there is a tank that is supposedly so OP over anything else, then it's only natural that players would gravitate towards that tank over time, because everybody is looking for an edge in games, until it gets nerfed etc.

And actually, I do see one bright side if everybody drove the exact same tank. The tank wouldn't matter anymore, because everybody has the same gun, same armor, same stats, except for player stats of course. If somebody is facing off against an opponent that happens to be driving the same exact tank, then skill would be the deciding factor.

But it would obviously get boring pretty fast, I don't disagree with that.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 22 January 2020 - 07:22 AM.

_Cletus #22 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27031 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostNantano23, on 21 January 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

That really sucks.

He is one of the wisest tankers on this forum

I also find these missile tanks annoying.

Fast, high alpha and and troll armor, makes them op sometimes.

They also pen my e75 upperplate many times so far

And this is probably the wisest comment made on these forums yet!  Look at us, a couple of wiseasses on a tank forum. 

I just logged in to reply to a couple of messages and I see this thread.  You guys are super sweet, I miss you all already.  I'm trying to liven up the sleepy call of duty mobile forums.  The game's only been out for a couple of months so it's nice to feel like I'm getting in on the ground floor, but at the same time I've been playing COD since I was a kid so it's not all new.  I've considered starting a fennel stem powder thread over there, but that seems too sacrilegious, even for me.

I reckon I'll be back eventually.  Reading through the threads everybody seems sure that something will happen to fix the situation.  I'll continue to check in and see how things are going from time to time.  But that brings me to another point that I don't think was made about this whole fiasco.  What happens to veteran players who quit the game, or just take a break?  In my case, I actually escaped from the family last weekend and had a stress release weekend.  I played Blitz pretty much all night Friday night.  I was planning to Blitz all saturday night too, but the frustration of the OP tier 9 and 10's with missiles was enough to convince me that it was time for at least a break from Blitz.  So I found another game to play, which I would imagine most guys taking a break from Blitz would do.  Let's say in a month WG rolls out an update and somehow fixes the situation perfectly and everybody's happy [come on guys, use your imagination, it could happen].  If that happens, I'm going to think about where I'm at in Blitz and where I'm at in COD.  I've ground out most of the lines I want in Blitz, I've got most of the premiums I want, I'm at the stage where I've been trying to improve but really just messing around.  In COD, in a month, I'll be right in the middle of earning new guns, trying to win Battle Royales, or whatever the case, I'll be in the middle of trying to accomplish something.  So would I choose to come back to Blitz or to keep on with COD?  I dunno, it'll be sunk cost vs new adventures.  The point is, when WG decides to introduce game changing concepts [why?  was someone asking for missiles?] they can't depend on their veteran spenders to just ride it out, to just wait, and know they're going to come back.  There are a lot of games out there, as devices improve there are more everyday, there's some serious competition out there, WG might want to think about some incentive to bring guys like me back when/if this problem is resolved. 

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

boris55555 #23 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27151 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post_Cletus, on 22 January 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

And this is probably the wisest comment made on these forums yet!  Look at us, a couple of wiseasses on a tank forum. 

I just logged in to reply to a couple of messages and I see this thread.  You guys are super sweet, I miss you all already.  I'm trying to liven up the sleepy call of duty mobile forums.  The game's only been out for a couple of months so it's nice to feel like I'm getting in on the ground floor, but at the same time I've been playing COD since I was a kid so it's not all new.  I've considered starting a fennel stem powder thread over there, but that seems too sacrilegious, even for me.

I reckon I'll be back eventually.  Reading through the threads everybody seems sure that something will happen to fix the situation.  I'll continue to check in and see how things are going from time to time.  But that brings me to another point that I don't think was made about this whole fiasco.  What happens to veteran players who quit the game, or just take a break?  In my case, I actually escaped from the family last weekend and had a stress release weekend.  I played Blitz pretty much all night Friday night.  I was planning to Blitz all saturday night too, but the frustration of the OP tier 9 and 10's with missiles was enough to convince me that it was time for at least a break from Blitz.  So I found another game to play, which I would imagine most guys taking a break from Blitz would do.  Let's say in a month WG rolls out an update and somehow fixes the situation perfectly and everybody's happy [come on guys, use your imagination, it could happen].  If that happens, I'm going to think about where I'm at in Blitz and where I'm at in COD.  I've ground out most of the lines I want in Blitz, I've got most of the premiums I want, I'm at the stage where I've been trying to improve but really just messing around.  In COD, in a month, I'll be right in the middle of earning new guns, trying to win Battle Royales, or whatever the case, I'll be in the middle of trying to accomplish something.  So would I choose to come back to Blitz or to keep on with COD?  I dunno, it'll be sunk cost vs new adventures.  The point is, when WG decides to introduce game changing concepts [why?  was someone asking for missiles?] they can't depend on their veteran spenders to just ride it out, to just wait, and know they're going to come back.  There are a lot of games out there, as devices improve there are more everyday, there's some serious competition out there, WG might want to think about some incentive to bring guys like me back when/if this problem is resolved. 

good looking and smart

***6.7/6.8/6.9 have Broken the game Wg not even bothering to fix. “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke. ***
Oh -- and they really don't want to admit that Missiles were a mistake  -  they died on the hill that was update 3.8  - and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well.” B Prime

Communication has failed. Wg does not understand that non LOS attacks break their game. No more $$$$. B5

RonaldusMaximus_ #24 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:10 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1: Don't open your mouth in an alley.

__Crusader6__ #25 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63802 battles
  • [SURG3]

Bye,

Honestly all I see are ranting of folks who refuse to adapt.  

8-10 was a broken heavy metal meta poisoned place.  
  I’m generally a medium driver and I love the change. 

3.6-3.9 ruined 8-10 Meds for the most part. 
 Heavies overly benefited from those changes.  
 So TD’s expanded to fill the less medium tanks in game. 

I still don’t see the missile as viable in 95% of situations, and anyone ranting they are broken OPAF hasn’t played them a lot. 

All I see is heavy tankers crying, which I’m fine with since they have been laughing for years. 

Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  406/408 Aced
Missing Aces: FV 4005, Standard B, Pantera P44. 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Kiwi_Kebab #26 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3891 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Games are fun,  _Cletus. Just have fun! I don't see why you can't play CoD Mobile when you want to feel accomplished with something, and play Blitz when you have a hankering for some good ole tank fights. 

@__Crusader6__ I dont see why an entire tank class has to be laughing or crying or whatever; meta change ups make the game interesting, but the game should still feel playable for people who enjoy specific playstyles.

_Cletus #27 Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27031 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 January 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Bye,

I still don’t see the missile as viable in 95% of situations, and anyone ranting they are broken OPAF hasn’t played them a lot. 

All I see is heavy tankers crying, which I’m fine with since they have been laughing for years. 

We all know you're happy about it.  But, we can also all tell that you're crushed that after testing it and personally approving the missile tanks they've broken the game.  We can all see you trying to put the blame on the players, it's our fault for not adapting, instead of it being WG's fault for doing it to start with.  Remove pride from the equation and look at it honestly.  And quit focusing on the missiles, they are part of it, but those tanks are broken OP as a whole.  They are lights, meds, and TD's rolled up into one.

I'm not opposed to backing off the heavy meta and going back into a medium meta.  Back when meds were effectively nerfed it wasn't great for medium players, but most people could still successfully play meds.  Hell, even I can play meds at tier X competently.  But heavies have been made nonviable.  You just can't play a slow heavy anymore, not in a high tier anyway.  It's not that I'm unwilling to adapt.  But you can't adapt your heavy playstyle to survive right now.  It's that I don't want to be forced to play only meds and lights.  As I've said before, I could be competent at that playstyle but I'll never be awesome.  If I have to play a quick reaction less thinking game, there's much better ones out there that I'll be much better at.

Tanks are about firepower, mobility, and armor.  When armor is useless, it's not a tank game.  You might as well be driving go carts with cannons.  It's not Blitz, it's Twisted Metal.

Bye.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

Alopex__ #28 Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles
  • [T_W_O]
The mechanics being abused that have been demonstrated in videos is quite un nerving, it's basically arty. I've been playing tier 7/8 mainly anyway so I don't see them much. They won't be so bad once re balanced. Honestly the 500 alpha AP pen scares me most. I mean t49 is balanced by the most troll ammo load out.

wrecker1968 #29 Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48188 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 January 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

Bye,

Maybe players are just not happy with the fact that they spent money on THAT game......... Not THIS game. 

I certainly did not think this game was going to evolve this way.

wrecker1968 #30 Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48188 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I'm not sure the word evolve is a good way to describe the direction this game has gone in.

boris55555 #31 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27151 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 January 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Bye,

idk, I’m a whiny [edited]about this but you seem to be on tilt.

so many people are ranting because the introduction of those tanks is game breaking and not just meta breaking. 

***6.7/6.8/6.9 have Broken the game Wg not even bothering to fix. “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke. ***
Oh -- and they really don't want to admit that Missiles were a mistake  -  they died on the hill that was update 3.8  - and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well.” B Prime

Communication has failed. Wg does not understand that non LOS attacks break their game. No more $$$$. B5

Kiwi_Kebab #32 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3891 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View Postwrecker1968, on 22 January 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

I'm not sure the word evolve is a good way to describe the direction this game has gone in.

It doesn't have to be good change to be progressive. The Eugenics movement was progressive, but is considered a generally poor ideology by modern analysts. 

Evolution is similar; things evolve, then they either live or die based on the changes. 

j_rod #33 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25906 battles
  • [H0B0S]

Bye,

The missile mechanic is an issue and I believe Posit1ve highlighted the problems with it quite well. The tanks themselves can be nerfed if the data shows that’s what’s needed, but the actual mechanic remains, and that mechanic fundamentally changes several core concepts like going hull down and sidescraping. Not only that, it’s a new mechanic and players will only learn how to refine it further.

Adapting to iterative changes is one thing but this is transformational, and for many of us, not welcomed.

If you are willing - take a straw poll confidentially of the players whose opinion you respect the most and see what they say. 

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

boris55555 #34 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27151 battles
  • [MINC]

Transformational is well put. 

I for one am not a good player. I pride myself on going from below average to not a liability; mostly. I think I did it “right.” I went up the tiers way too quick and came here for help. I didn’t  listen at first but between getting my can kicked and processing the advice that was given here I improved. I am not good. I made myself play 20k battles before I was willing to do anything more than dabble in tiers IX/X. I learned the various tactics and strategies and tried to implement them as I progressed upward. 

yeah, I’m pissed that this game changing mechanic has infected the upper tiers like a case of missile diarrhea as I’m finally able to hold my own in those tiers. Sure I’m pissed that I invested heavily in pixels that suit those tiers in 2019. Both those are kind of me issues. If these op tanks obeyed the rules of the universe we’ve battled in for the last several years I’d be ok. They’d get nerfed and balance and balanced and nerf in the next couple of updates. If stronger lights changed the meta: I’d adapt like many others. I’ve shown I can bide my time or at least that I choose to waste my time on this. The problem is that these tanks are not only over cooked but that have super powers. Shooting around curves from full cover and pening heavies across the map with zero dispersion and maybe even a bit extra is literally a game changer. 

Speaking of progression: why does this suddenly just appear at tier 8? I know the low tiers were destroyed but this seems like 3 distinct games now. 

the people revolt because this is on par with 3.8. 

zcostilla #35 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21829 battles
  • [III-R]

Bye,

This is the problem, and typical of WG, giving things we as a community of users aren’t asking for and refusing to fix known issues that have been problematic for years.

Edited by zcostilla, 22 January 2020 - 09:10 PM.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

j_rod #36 Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:19 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25906 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postboris55555, on 22 January 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

Transformational is well put. 

I for one am not a good player. I pride myself on going from below average to not a liability; mostly. I think I did it “right.” I went up the tiers way too quick and came here for help. I didn’t  listen at first but between getting my can kicked and processing the advice that was given here I improved. I am not good. I made myself play 20k battles before I was willing to do anything more than dabble in tiers IX/X. I learned the various tactics and strategies and tried to implement them as I progressed upward. 

yeah, I’m pissed that this game changing mechanic has infected the upper tiers like a case of missile diarrhea as I’m finally able to hold my own in those tiers. Sure I’m pissed that I invested heavily in pixels that suit those tiers in 2019. Both those are kind of me issues. If these op tanks obeyed the rules of the universe we’ve battled in for the last several years I’d be ok. They’d get nerfed and balance and balanced and nerf in the next couple of updates. If stronger lights changed the meta: I’d adapt like many others. I’ve shown I can bide my time or at least that I choose to waste my time on this. The problem is that these tanks are not only over cooked but that have super powers. Shooting around curves from full cover and pening heavies across the map with zero dispersion and maybe even a bit extra is literally a game changer. 

Speaking of progression: why does this suddenly just appear at tier 8? I know the low tiers were destroyed but this seems like 3 distinct games now. 

the people revolt because this is on par with 3.8. 

You and I are on the same page with this. I'm not terribly concerned about the OP characteristics of the tank that are standard and nerfable. Regardless what others may say, WG relies on data and makes adjustments based on that data to keep the game balanced. That's one of the main things I love about the game and respect about the company. I also realize that starting with new tanks as OP is probably the right business decision bc it drives players to work their way up that line.

The sole issue I have with this is the mechanic of the missiles and the motor control skills that are required to control them. It means that your average player on a touchscreen is at a severe disadvantage and while this can be adapted to from a defensive standpoint, it's not an enjoyable thing to go through. 

Edited by j_rod, 22 January 2020 - 09:20 PM.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

boris55555 #37 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:00 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27151 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postj_rod, on 22 January 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

You and I are on the same page with this. I'm not terribly concerned about the OP characteristics of the tank that are standard and nerfable. Regardless what others may say, WG relies on data and makes adjustments based on that data to keep the game balanced. That's one of the main things I love about the game and respect about the company. I also realize that starting with new tanks as OP is probably the right business decision bc it drives players to work their way up that line.

The sole issue I have with this is the mechanic of the missiles and the motor control skills that are required to control them. It means that your average player on a touchscreen is at a severe disadvantage and while this can be adapted to from a defensive standpoint, it's not an enjoyable thing to go through. 

on the other side and hear me out....are we going to regret getting _Cletus back?

RonaldusMaximus_ #38 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:03 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 11603 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postboris55555, on 22 January 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

on the other side and hear me out....are we going to regret getting _Cletus back?

I once had an ex gf come back, by that point I didn't want her.

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1: Don't open your mouth in an alley.

boris55555 #39 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:10 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27151 battles
  • [MINC]
I like that cletus is lurking below

DestructSean #40 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 96 battles
I am Cletus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users