Loading Late

loading late game mechanics start

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TonnerreCadien #1 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:26 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47340 battles

I have had an issue for years of loading late in game; in a voice toon my friends always know what side of the map we're on well before I do.

Here's the weird thing - I NEVER load late for Ratings Battles, EVER. I guess this is because they use a different system to ensure everyone is available? Why can't they use that system for pub battles too? It only costs a few seconds. On maps in which I am a light tank and time is of the essence (Mines, for example), loading late can be a death sentence.

Also, when I load late, I can't call out directions to the mouth-breathing teams we have now, nor can I educate them post-game, because we have this new system to ensure that their feelings don't get hurt. Just had the moron heavies lemming-train into town on Middleburg. So sick of that. Maybe, just maybe, if I had been able to call hill, we could have won.

But WG is too busy marketing their [edited]-[edited] fantasy tanks every five [edited] minutes to actually deal with something as mundane and ho-hum as [edited] game mechanics. That, and fawning over the snowflake newbies to make sure they get a tier VIII tank before their 50th battle, and that they never hear a bad word about their performance post-game. If tier III were actually fun, and had a nice variety of tanks, like it used to, then maybe the newbies would stay there longer before infecting us all with their [edited] play.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 22 January 2020 - 01:56 AM.

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

Kiwi_Kebab #2 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:31 PM

Low-Calorie Snack

• Players
  • 11291 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Ranting aside, I'm pretty sure the public games have such a faster start time because they want the games to be produced faster. That extra time adds up over many games. They could add an extra 3 seconds maybe.

In other news, get a better device to enjoy more play time. 

Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

RonaldusMaximus_ #3 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 23409 battles
  • [III-C]
-clap-clap-clap-

TonnerreCadien #4 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47340 battles

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 21 January 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

Ranting aside, I'm pretty sure the public games have such a faster start time because they want the games to be produced faster. That extra time adds up over many games. They could add an extra 3 seconds maybe.

I'll be sending you the link to my gofundme site soon.

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

EL_Din_46 #5 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:42 PM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 22668 battles
  • [MOD3]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 21 January 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

Had the same problem but in regular encounter battles. Getting a better device solved it for me. Since it was a longer delay in my early battles, I’m guessing it could have been related to loading graphics files. Whatever it was it’s gone now.

Edited by EL_Din_46, 21 January 2020 - 09:45 PM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

acrisis #6 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22200 battles
  • [III-C]
And the device and connection you play on are?? 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

TonnerreCadien #7 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47340 battles

A second generation iPad 2 (yes, I know it's old) running iOS 9.3.5.

acrisis #8 Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22200 battles
  • [III-C]

It is starved for memory and cpu/gpu power, comparatively speaking, thus takes its time to load maps, buildings and tanks, then render it when the starts.

Interesting ratings games is different. Had no idea. Must it only starts when everybody is completely ready to roll.

Edited by acrisis, 21 January 2020 - 10:11 PM.

BE     (+)   

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

__V_O_P__ #9 Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:30 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 70220 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 21 January 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

I have had an issue for years of loading late in game; in a voice toon my friends always know what side of the map we're on well before I do.

Here's the weird thing - I NEVER load late for Ratings Battles, EVER. I guess this is because they use a different system to ensure everyone is available? Why can't they use that system for pub battles too? It only costs a few seconds. On maps in which I am a light tank and time is of the essence (Mines, for example), loading late can be a death sentence.

exactly the same issue for me. Ratings never late. Pub games? Well a 15-30 sec head start for Red just makes it more challenging, amiright?

RonaldusMaximus_ #10 Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:33 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 23409 battles
  • [III-C]
WG must be implementing some new yolo prevention plan, and you are in the secret beta test.

Vantablack12 #11 Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:41 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18646 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 21 January 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

WG must be implementing some new yolo prevention plan, and you are in the secret beta test.

WG is to obsessed with money that they would never think of that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne.

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

minitel_NA #12 Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 21 January 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

A second generation iPad 2 (yes, I know it's old) running iOS 9.3.5.

there resides your problem. 
your issue is that your device takes a huge amount of time to decompile the resources and load them into memory,

and then is ready to play when the game is already started.

i switched ipad3 to ipad 2018 when that came out.

loaded so fast I couldn’t hear the music, read the teamlist or anything before being in the map.
Even friendly tanks appeared after I got there.

it was creepy.

​also, yes :

rated battles have 20 more seconds of countdown before the normal countdown. 

now the irony, is to buy a (circa)  $1000 device solely to play a free to play game.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

acrisis #13 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22200 battles
  • [III-C]
Recent generation iPads do not cost $1k ... not unless you want a pro model with loads of storage. 

BE     (+)   

krietenstein34 #14 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37337 battles
  • [HAHA]

WG and RNG know you are a player.   They have to give the other guys a head  start.    Plus you play on some Apple device, which means you are loaded.  $$$$$.   Buy some cheap Android from Wallhell, they won't know who you are except for your IP address. :rolleyes:

:girl:

TonnerreCadien #15 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:58 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47340 battles

View Postkrietenstein34, on 21 January 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

WG and RNG know you are a player.   They have to give the other guys a head  start.    Plus you play on some Apple device, which means you are loaded.  $$$$$.   Buy some cheap Android from Wallhell, they won't know who you are except for your IP address. :rolleyes:

The only person who doesn't know I'm a player is my wife. Am I right, fellas?!!?!!?!??? Oh [edited]- she's here! I'm g

SillySkipperLilly #16 Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 21667 battles
  • [CHEF]

im surprised you can even play in a voice platoon on an iPad 2

id have expected that you would lag so hard the game was unplayable

I’m a 46.96 47.57 47.87 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 47.87 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

TonnerreCadien #17 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:42 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47340 battles

View PostMSGTGlitterGlue, on 22 January 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

im surprised you can even play in a voice platoon on an iPad 2

id have expected that you would lag so hard the game was unplayable

I think it would! I use my phone for Discord or LINE; the game I keep on the iPad. I know at some point I'm going to have to buy a new iPad. Maybe my old iPad is why my game is as bad as it is? Right.

acrisis #18 Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22200 battles
  • [III-C]
Absolutely one will play with a device disadvantage on an early generation iPad or iPhone.

BE     (+)   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users