chat pre-snowflake post-game

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

TonnerreCadien #1 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 46165 battles
  • [HAHA]

So it can't be naming and shaming if I edit out the player's name, right? I actually like this player a lot; he's a forumer, he's on my friends list, and he's a damn good tanker - you always want him on green, trust me. I just completely forgot about this one testy exchange he and I had post-battle back in August 2017. I recently sent him a pm and told him I found this nugget.

A few thoughts:

1. You'll notice CrimsonJaeger on my friends list. A really fun person; she is still greatly missed.

2. You'll see bg2b on there, too. Phenomenal tanker, great guy - he and I used to toon in the early morning all the time. I think he might have quit the game? I haven't seen him on in ages. Any Spuds seen him lately?

3. Bertisimo is on there, too. He's one of my Québecois buddies; he goes by a different name now.

4. Then you'll see the exchange between me and this forumer/tanker who's also a great guy, just a bit of a hothead at times, like yours truly. He's just ticked that I killed him two battles in a row.

5. I can't believe we're denying the new players the joy of a post-game exchange like this one:

Spoiler

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

boris55555 #2 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:36 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27168 battles
  • [MINC]
Nice one
***6.7/6.8/6.9 have Broken the game Wg not even bothering to fix. “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke. ***
Oh -- and they really don't want to admit that Missiles were a mistake  -  they died on the hill that was update 3.8  - and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well.” B Prime

Communication has failed. Wg does not understand that non LOS attacks break their game. No more $$$$. B5 :facepalm:

Ookla_the_Mok #3 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:39 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28538 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Banter like this isn't really the issue.

Today I got told to "put a stick up your *******" after I dared kill a Helsing. Apparently he continued on that I was going to be reported. There isn't much value here as the guy was clearly not up to banter and may not have a functioning cortex.

The ******** here was actually the word for butthole, but with an a-word and the "h" replaced with a "j."

A few weeks ago I was told that my "(gay slur) [edited] needed to be dragged behind a truck." He then made a series of racial comments and wished me raped until dead. It went on for quite a long time.

The exchange that started this thread is one thing as two parties can agree to give each other a hard time.

The idiocy in messages never mind the racism, homophobia, and misogyny is an entirely different thing.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.

TonnerreCadien #4 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:42 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 46165 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 26 January 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

Banter like this isn't really the issue.

Today I got told to "put a stick up your *******" after I dared kill a Helsing. Apparently he continued on that I was going to be reported. There isn't much value here as the guy was clearly not up to banter and may not have a functioning cortex.

The ******** here was actually the word for butthole, but with an a-word and the "h" replaced with a "j."

A few weeks ago I was told that my "(gay slur) [edited] needed to be dragged behind a truck." He then made a series of racial comments and wished me raped until dead. It went on for quite a long time.

The exchange that started this thread is one thing as two parties can agree to give each other a hard time.

The idiocy in messages never mind the racism, homophobia, and misogyny is an entirely different thing.

Ick. I feel like I need a shower after reading that. 

But I didn't know this player at the time... I only got to be friends with him later.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 27 January 2020 - 01:43 AM.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Ookla_the_Mok #5 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:48 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28538 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 26 January 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

Ick. I feel like I need a shower after reading that. 

But I didn't know this player at the time... I only got to be friends with him later.

Gotcha. Even with players I don't know, I don't mind ball busting. It has never been an issue for me. I think that is sort of the point you are making too, that chat can go in different directions.

I do imagine the type of crap I see, even if not common after battles*, being a component of the game experience that WG would like to curtail.

*it may be more common if you speak in battles and are actually good so people get ticked. I'm mediocre and quiet in battles.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.

crpl_hicks #6 Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]
That seems like quite a tame chat??

Marines....WE ARE LEAVING!

TonnerreCadien #7 Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 46165 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

That seems like quite a tame chat??

I don't try to be a total **** in chat, and neither did this other guy. I do have some things I've saved that are downright nasty. Not as bad as what Ookla was talking about, but pretty ugly.

b5cjLSY.jpg

crpl_hicks #8 Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

I love ugly!  Especially when U get into it with some useless tit who knows nothing.  I like making them contradict themselves!  Especially the players who think they are such tactical whizes...yet only have a 38% WR and 500 games.  Now that the ignorant boobs have NO clue their chats have been turned off, most of what little fun was left for me...is gone....:arta:

Yes I know...I'm a Salty old F****!

Edited by crpl_hicks, 27 January 2020 - 02:45 AM.

__Crusader6__ #9 Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:49 AM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63865 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

I love ugly!  Especially when U get into it with some useless tit who knows nothing.  I like making them contradict themselves!  Especially the players who think they are such tactical whizes...yet only have a 38% WR and 500 games.  Now that the ignorant boobs have NO clue their chats have been turned off, most of what little fun was left for me...is gone....:arta:

Yes I know...I'm a Salty old F****!

Just remember there is always one better than you.   Having a good WR and other stats (and you don’t) doesn’t give you the right to belittle, humiliate, or otherwise tear the wings off a fly.  

A lot of kids play the game, ones younger than the game recommends.    Just think, would you want someone talking like that to your kids.  

Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  407/408 Aced
Missing Ace: Pantera P44. 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

crpl_hicks #10 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 January 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Just remember there is always one better than you.   Having a good WR and other stats (and you don’t) doesn’t give you the right to belittle, humiliate, or otherwise tear the wings off a fly.  

A lot of kids play the game, ones younger than the game recommends.    Just think, would you want someone talking like that to your kids.  

First off...Are You stat shaming me??  Cause I thought that was a No no??

Second off...I didn't think my stats were that BLACK to warrant a shaming, compared to others

Third..No.. I would NOT let my kids play a game where the basic objective is to kill others, pixel tanks or not...

Fourth...I don't have any PM's blocked(by default) so I welcome any player who wants to question or complain about my effort.

I encourage more outdoor activities....

Edited by crpl_hicks, 27 January 2020 - 04:10 AM.

j_rod #11 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:48 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25959 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 10:09 PM, said:

First off...Are You stat shaming me??  Cause I thought that was a No no??

Second off...I didn't think my stats were that BLACK to warrant a shaming, compared to others

Third..No.. I would NOT let my kids play a game where the basic objective is to kill others, pixel tanks or not...

Fourth...I don't have any PM's blocked(by default) so I welcome any player who wants to question or complain about my effort.

I encourage more outdoor activities....

Your comments are comical. You’re sitting here talking about ragging on some dude with very few games when you’ve played several thousand and are terrible at the upper tiers. 

The irony is that you’re talking about how these players can’t take it yet when someone calls you out, you melt like a snowflake on a hot July day in Alabama.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

crpl_hicks #12 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

And here is the Classic " you don't play Higher tiers".  Like that defines a player??  WOW...Yet some higher tier players are feed up with the ATBM tanks.  When I hear people use you don't player higher tier excuse...I lose all respect for you...Not that i gave a rats [edited] what you think...

j_rod #13 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25959 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

And here is the Classic " you don't play Higher tiers".  Like that defines a player??  WOW...Yet some higher tier players are feed up with the ATBM tanks.  When I hear people use you don't player higher tier excuse...I lose all respect for you...Not that i gave a rats [edited] what you think...

The quote button is your friend.

Ok...you suck at the lower tiers too. Better?

crpl_hicks #14 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

View Postj_rod, on 26 January 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

Your comments are comical. You’re sitting here talking about ragging on some dude with very few games when you’ve played several thousand and are terrible at the upper tiers. 

The irony is that you’re talking about how these players can’t take it yet when someone calls you out, you melt like a snowflake on a hot July day in Alabama.

And not that I am so absorbed in stats like you seem to be, I don't see a lot of black on my account  to warrant you saying I'm terrible.

crpl_hicks #15 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

Quote...seems to be ur friend Too?

j_rod #16 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:56 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25959 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 10:53 PM, said:

And not that I am so absorbed in stats like you seem to be, I don't see a lot of black on my account  to warrant you saying I'm terrible.

I didn’t realize black was the litmus for terrible. Or are you adjusting the goalposts so that you’re somehow “good” but anyone worse than you is “bad”? That’s convenient.

crpl_hicks #17 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

Wow...Did I hit a sensitive nerve??  Did I insult one of your kids?  I thought this was a thread about how WD effectively disabled the chat function?  Who's the snowflake?

Good thing they haven't done the same to the forum or you'd be talking to a wall!

Edited by crpl_hicks, 27 January 2020 - 05:00 AM.

j_rod #18 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:01 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25959 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

Wow...Did I hit a sensitive nerve??  Did I insult one of your kids?  I thought this was a thread about how WD effectively disabled the chat function?  Who's the snowflake?

Good thing they haven't done the same to the forum or you'd be talking to a wall!

No nerves hit here. Just pointing out the irony of how you like to belittle new players while not realizing how poor of a player that you are. Sad, but comical.

Chaeboi #19 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5034 battles
In this game, you can be cussed at for doing literally anything. I've been told that I would be reported for "spamming HE" at a waffle. 

1034146172.png

WG is not planning to remove sh1t teams, so we might as well stop complaining.

crpl_hicks #20 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5720 battles
  • [KOP]

View Postj_rod, on 26 January 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

No nerves hit here. Just pointing out the irony of how you like to belittle new players while not realizing how poor of a player that you are. Sad, but comical.

And how do you know its now players.  It's players who are AFK or do ZERO damage, contribute nothing to the team...I guess they just get a free pass??  Were you around pre 3.8?   Never mind.  You are obviously a player who just likes to argue with others.

Yeah...All the newbies are just fantastic players, who should be allowed to play tier 5 & higher...regardless of skill.  Never mind that most battles where your down 4 tanks to none in 2 mins means, you just could win.  Oh I'm so sorry, that you seem to have a team that is flawless.

You are so perfect.  Thank you for setting me straight, that there are NO poor players in Blitz & that my attempt to try is useless.  I will forever try to be a useless player.  Boy I hope I'm om yer team once.  Oh wait...you don't lower yourself to the plebs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users