• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

crpl_hicks #21 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

View PostChaeboi, on 26 January 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

In this game, you can be cussed at for doing literally anything. I've been told that I would be reported for "spamming HE" at a waffle. 

What shape was the waffle?  I can believe it if it was Elmo!

Marines....WE ARE LEAVING!

Ookla_the_Mok #22 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:15 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28591 battles
  • [BRSKT]

The OP's post was so powerful it launched an example in the thread.

Pretty funny if you take a step back.

On a side note, the three-letter word for butt being censored is silly. It means nothing offensive until you redact it.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.

j_rod #23 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:18 AM

Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

And how do you know its now players.  It's players who are AFK or do ZERO damage, contribute nothing to the team...I guess they just get a free pass??  Were you around pre 3.8?   Never mind.  You are obviously a player who just likes to argue with others.

Yeah...All the newbies are just fantastic players, who should be allowed to play tier 5 & higher...regardless of skill.  Never mind that most battles where your down 4 tanks to none in 2 mins means, you just could win.  Oh I'm so sorry, that you seem to have a team that is flawless.

You are so perfect.  Thank you for setting me straight, that there are NO poor players in Blitz & that my attempt to try is useless.  I will forever try to be a useless player.  Boy I hope I'm om yer team once.  Oh wait...you don't lower yourself to the plebs.

I’ve been around a while as you can see by my profile start date. While I didn’t start Blitz immediately upon its release, I’ve been playing for several years. 

No, those players don’t get a pass...AFKs in particular. I don’t disagree with you at all that it’s extremely frustrating to have an AFK on one’s team. Players that do zero damage are also frustrating but it happens to everyone which is why I look at the player’s body of work before passing any judgement.

But...we weren’t talking about AFKs or players with zero damage. You specifically mentioned 30%ers with few games played and how you like to rage at how they don’t understand the game. That, my friend, is the ironic part.

Also, you could feed a small country with the number of red herrings in that last post. Maybe you should take up fishing instead of Blitz. I hear it’s more relaxing anyways.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

j_rod #24 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:21 AM

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 26 January 2020 - 11:15 PM, said:

The OP's post was so powerful it launched an example in the thread.

Pretty funny if you take a step back.

On a side note, the three-letter word for butt being censored is silly. It means nothing offensive until you redact it.

I’m still trying to figure out what “F****” stands for.

crpl_hicks #25 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

So yer saying I have a 30% WR...which is Ironic??  And what is wrong at complaining about those type of players?  So your saying you have no issue with players who move up to a tier because they can buy their way up there, with little experience?

I could easily jump up to tier 8, 9, 10... but I choose not to.  Because I know I would not fair in Heavies.  I am NOT a heavy tanker not am I a Turretless tanker.  I know limits...Others don't.

Death__Valley #26 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:25 AM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21922 battles
  • [FOGS2]
WG doesn’t really care. They just don’t want to look bad. I had a dude give me death threats and told to kill myself (which didn’t bother me, but some young, impressionable teen might have felt different), and I reported him, and he got nothing but a warning. Actual death threats. His warning only made him come after me again, so I blocked him and reported him again. And he still had chat capabilities. funny, but if this guy actually had my address, could you imagine the bad press WG would have gotten when I exercised my 2A rights with my military training? But WG doesn’t actually care.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

j_rod #27 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:27 AM

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 11:24 PM, said:

So yer saying I have a 30% WR...which is Ironic??  And what is wrong at complaining about those type of players?  So your saying you have no issue with players who move up to a tier because they can buy their way up there, with little experience?

I could easily jump up to tier 8, 9, 10... but I choose not to.  Because I know I would not fair in Heavies.  I am NOT a heavy tanker not am I a Turretless tanker.  I know limits...Others don't.

Hard to have a discussion with you when reading comprehension isn’t your thing.

Ookla_the_Mok #28 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:27 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28591 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postj_rod, on 26 January 2020 - 11:21 PM, said:

I’m still trying to figure out what “F****” stands for.

Dunno. 

It is evident many of us are burned with this game right now and it is showing up all over. Personally, I'm mostly laughing about it at this point. Had a terrible run tonight and it hits closer to a tragicomedy than an angry rant.

I'll say this, if you (not you specifically) are raging at people in battle regularly, it is perfectly fine to take a break from this game and it should be a top option for some people in this thread.

crpl_hicks #29 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

View Postj_rod, on 26 January 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

I’ve been around a while as you can see by my profile start date. While I didn’t start Blitz immediately upon its release, I’ve been playing for several years. 

No, those players don’t get a pass...AFKs in particular. I don’t disagree with you at all that it’s extremely frustrating to have an AFK on one’s team. Players that do zero damage are also frustrating but it happens to everyone which is why I look at the player’s body of work before passing any judgement.

But...we weren’t talking about AFKs or players with zero damage. You specifically mentioned 30%ers with few games played and how you like to rage at how they don’t understand the game. That, my friend, is the ironic part.

Also, you could feed a small country with the number of red herrings in that last post. Maybe you should take up fishing instead of Blitz. I hear it’s more relaxing anyways.

Didn't say I like to Rage on them... I said the 38%er who will complain to me about how I played, are the ones I like to discuss tactics with, because it become pretty clear they don't get ow the game works.  they look & my MH for the last 1 days vs all time & think, everyone hates me?  that's the humorous part.  Quit putting words in my mouth.

crpl_hicks #30 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

Dunno why J-rod has one up his butt with me...here are Plenty of players out there that fell like the game & players have gone askew in this game.  But het if It makes you feel better to dump you anger issues on me...go ahead....

ike sooo many have said to me...It's just a Game...Bro.

crpl_hicks #31 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

View Postzcostilla, on 26 January 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:

WG doesn’t really care. They just don’t want to look bad. I had a dude give me death threats and told to kill myself (which didn’t bother me, but some young, impressionable teen might have felt different), and I reported him, and he got nothing but a warning. Actual death threats. His warning only made him come after me again, so I blocked him and reported him again. And he still had chat capabilities. funny, but if this guy actually had my address, could you imagine the bad press WG would have gotten when I exercised my 2A rights with my military training? But WG doesn’t actually care.

Did you happen to see what that Dudue's WR or games played was??

j_rod #32 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:32 AM

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 26 January 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

Dunno. 

It is evident many of us are burned with this game right now and it is showing up all over. Personally, I'm mostly laughing about it at this point. Had a terrible run tonight and it hits closer to a tragicomedy than an angry rant.

I'll say this, if you (not you specifically) are raging at people in battle regularly, it is perfectly fine to take a break from this game and it should be a top option for some people in this thread.

I’ve had some frustrating runs myself and I agree that the player base seems to be worse than usual as an aggregate. Couple that with some of the recent changes (read: missiles) and I’ve played much less over the last week. Hopefully it improves, but we’ll see.

j_rod #33 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:38 AM

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

Didn't say I like to Rage on them... I said the 38%er who will complain to me about how I played, are the ones I like to discuss tactics with, because it become pretty clear they don't get ow the game works.  they look & my MH for the last 1 days vs all time & think, everyone hates me?  that's the humorous part.  Quit putting words in my mouth.

You’re contradicting yourself. Unless loving ugly and getting into it with some “useless tit who knows nothing” is the same as just discussing tactics, which it’s not.

The issue I have with you is that you’re talking about enjoying being an [edited] to other players about how bad they are without seeing the truth about yourself. Ever heard of the Emperor’s New Clothes? You should read it.

Ookla_the_Mok #34 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:41 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28591 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postj_rod, on 26 January 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

I’ve had some frustrating runs myself and I agree that the player base seems to be worse than usual as an aggregate. Couple that with some of the recent changes (read: missiles) and I’ve played much less over the last week. Hopefully it improves, but we’ll see.

We shall see. Game remains a blast when the matches are competitive, but boy does it get frustrating when it goes sideways.

Anyway, maybe we need a Discord server exclusively for rants. Like what Tonnerre Cadien was saying initially, the guy you are exchanging barbs with can turn into a friend. In the end, most of us are not the worst ragers and we have common ground in rolling out there into the chaotic wild in our little pixel tanks.

crpl_hicks #35 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

Oh thank you God of all that is righteous.  I was replying to the OP's saying that his interaction with a player was "ugly".  I've had worse, which I did not initiate.  But you go one critizing my comments, and try to belittle me, with your high & mighty comments.  I only care about what players I respect have to say to me...& your sir are NOT a Player I respect.  I have never read a post you have made and the fact you seem to critisise me for stating my opinion says even less about your character.

I don't see how telling a player who has a 38% WR, that they played awful is such a bad thing.  It happened to me & if you have been around as long as you say, It should have happened to you.  Unless you were a tanking God right from the start.  I could have taken my ball & gone home, but instead I learned more  & tried to get better ( from 30% to 50%).  And in those days, WG didn't give a rats about Snowflakes.

So Boo Hoo if you think I'm the devil incarnate.  Besides, thanks to WG sub players can't hear how bad the really are.  They all get a Gold Participation Badge.

j_rod #36 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:53 AM

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Oh thank you God of all that is righteous.  I was replying to the OP's saying that his interaction with a player was "ugly".  I've had worse, which I did not initiate.  But you go one critizing my comments, and try to belittle me, with your high & mighty comments.  I only care about what players I respect have to say to me...& your sir are NOT a Player I respect.  I have never read a post you have made and the fact you seem to critisise me for stating my opinion says even less about your character.

I don't see how telling a player who has a 38% WR, that they played awful is such a bad thing.  It happened to me & if you have been around as long as you say, It should have happened to you.  Unless you were a tanking God right from the start.  I could have taken my ball & gone home, but instead I learned more  & tried to get better ( from 30% to 50%).  And in those days, WG didn't give a rats about Snowflakes.

So Boo Hoo if you think I'm the devil incarnate.  Besides, thanks to WG sub players can't hear how bad the really are.  They all get a Gold Participation Badge.

Have a pleasant evening. 

_Crusader6_ #37 Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:59 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65564 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 27 January 2020 - 12:51 AM, said:

You missed my entire point.  

I get 70%’s who rage at me - it’s everywhere in this game.   
  Generally when folks care about something they get emotional- and that often leads to outbursts.  

The problem is part the audience, we have a vast and diverse player base.  If your playing with friends and yell and scream - no biggie. 
  But you aren’t.  
The second part is some folks take toxic chat to the next level, with threats etc.  

So while my chat from others is on, I fully understand and support why WG made the choice to have it off by default.  

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Ookla_the_Mok #38 Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:05 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28591 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 26 January 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

Dunno why J-rod has one up his butt with me...here are Plenty of players out there that fell like the game & players have gone askew in this game.  But het if It makes you feel better to dump you anger issues on me...go ahead....

ike sooo many have said to me...It's just a Game...Bro.

I agree that many players are frustrated. 

Separate from that, I'd ask that you take a moment to think about your time berating another player after a battle. It takes time and effort to do this which is distinct from chat within a battle. The frustration/rage can be real and build up, but you've got to be able to put the game down if it is making you so mad you venture into chat to insult a player you consider worse than yourself. You do not need to be an angel, but your current approach is not helping the player, it is not helping your own enjoyment, and it is not helping the game.

Take whatever perspective you want about how casual or how serious the game should be. For the most part and for most of us it boils down to an old Carlin quote that goes something like "those people driving faster than you are maniacs and those people driving slower than you are idiots." Even if this is your perspective, the bottom line is how fun is the game for you as entertainment. If it is driving you to anger on a regular basis, then either change your approach or do something else.

crpl_hicks #39 Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

But thats the thing... I no longer attempt to rage, enlighten or whatever you want to call it after a game...because WG has disabled that ability..So Noobs will continue to be noobs..bad players who think they are great will continue to be great.

In my experience, from the old days, if you were tired of the endless taunts, you got better.  So how are new players who think they are doing good, going to know that really...you need to be better?  Or do we just live in a society where mediocrity is okay?

even tho....its Just a game.  

_Crusader6_ #40 Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:15 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65564 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 27 January 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

But thats the thing... I no longer attempt to rage, enlighten or whatever you want to call it after a game...because WG has disabled that ability..So Noobs will continue to be noobs..bad players who think they are great will continue to be great.

In my experience, from the old days, if you were tired of the endless taunts, you got better.  So how are new players who think they are doing good, going to know that really...you need to be better?  Or do we just live in a society where mediocrity is okay?

even tho....its Just a game.  

There are a slew of 30k+ battle 40%’ers. 
   They didn’t learn anything from anyone telling them anything.  

Heck most often they just message me ‘nub’ etc when I kill them.   They think most of us hack to get over 50%...

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users