• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

acrisis #21 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBachus131, on 28 January 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

... the game prioritizes your taking damage over your doing damage and your shot gets lost in the shuffle but then other times there is no apparent reason to it. 

PS: it is for the before mentioned reason that the more 'cool stuff' like crew voices and exploding turrets that WG adds to the game the more common Ghost Shots become. 

There is no proof of either of those points. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

__V_O_P__ #22 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46713 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postacrisis, on 29 January 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

There is no proof of either of those points. 

TBH the older a device the more it struggles with all the additional features. My Mac is pretty ancient and if I’m near dead tanks it gets laggy. but this is a me problem. 

acrisis #23 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

On a low to minimum spec device, yes, the device can struggle executing that ... which in turn may influence other execution on the client end, I guess, ... but I thought that was device detection and settings dependent, that they’re not there on low settings. And ghost shells relating to voices makes no sense.  The shift from one voice for all nations at game start, to no voice pre loaded and just doing it when the vehicle is picked is / should be net same in battle either way. 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

Bachus131 #24 Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29499 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View Postacrisis, on 29 January 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

On a low to minimum spec device, yes, the device can struggle executing that ... which in turn may influence other execution on the client end, I guess, ... but I thought that was device detection and settings dependent, that they’re not there on low settings. And ghost shells relating to voices makes no sense.  The shift from one voice for all nations at game start, to no voice pre loaded and just doing it when the vehicle is picked is / should be net same in battle either way. 

it's simple the larger the packet size  the more likely something gets lost along the way. Perhaps you have an excellent internet service with a top of the line system but that is not what the average player sees. 

And if you are not getting the sticky reticle  issue you are the only one because it even happened to the Devs on thier live stream LOL

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

acrisis #25 Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

Sticky reticle is something entirely different.

As are terrain glitches between resolutions plus 3rd party view vs gunner, and some other things. 

Nothing in WOTB is load intensive, that it would make a difference what device you play on network wise or even what type of wifi you are on at home. 

I’m not saying you should try to play it on dialup, but we’re very far from streaming video. Just a flow of bare essential numbers ... xyz tank position, direction, turret direction, gun position / elevation, spotted not spotted, health pool, ...  and as I recall, it may be 100 KB  per minute and like 10-15MB / hour. 

BE  (+)   

_Crusader6_ #26 Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:51 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69632 battles
  • [BDGER]
Regarding sticky reticle. If I notice that I do a hard reset on my iPad.  
   I am guessing some background stuff that shows closed is still occupying processes- as the issue goes away with the hard restart and reloading the app. 

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  430/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Corners_1 #27 Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3498 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 28 January 2020 - 10:48 PM, said:

post a replay. Without a replay nothing has ever happened.

most ghost shots are near miss, that look weird only due to your point of view and perspective effects.

Then the most curious cases are various kinds of internet or server lags.

here to make you feel enlightened :

finally, after I have studied thousands of shots, I have seen probably seen no more than 2 potential cases valid enough for a nomination as “ghost shots”. Not elected. Nominated.

I was kind of wondering how much was user error also. Ive seen so many people blame others in game after they dive head first into 7 other tanks for not having back up

reluctanttheist #28 Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:13 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 27716 battles
  • [III-H]

I have had some of the finest examples of ghost shells in the last week or two - some packet loss does happen, but this was without warning or any packet loss notification.

Right through the tank.  No damage.  Happens once or twice a day and it's insane.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Bachus131 #29 Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29499 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View Postacrisis, on 29 January 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sticky reticle is something entirely different.

As are terrain glitches between resolutions plus 3rd party view vs gunner, and some other things. 

Nothing in WOTB is load intensive, that it would make a difference what device you play on network wise or even what type of wifi you are on at home. 

I’m not saying you should try to play it on dialup, but we’re very far from streaming video. Just a flow of bare essential numbers ... xyz tank position, direction, turret direction, gun position / elevation, spotted not spotted, health pool, ...  and as I recall, it may be 100 KB  per minute and like 10-15MB / hour. 

Your it doesn't happen to me so it doesn't exist defense is severely flawed because if you look at the thread there are many players ( with high win rates even) that disagree with you also if it did not exist why would WG include them on  it's survey?

PeteGee45 #30 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40927 battles
  • [OLDS]

I don’t think that I had ever experienced ghost shells until this last update. I was one of the doubters that these really exist but I’m an unhappy believer now. It could be on the server side if player numbers had spiked or if they reduced the number of servers. Network latency, packet loss and general poor performance seems unlikely unless we were in the same locale and some change in our ISP’s infrastructure was made at the same time as the release (or close enough to make it look that way). Inefficient or erroneous code could explain a random issue that would be labeled as a CND (can not duplicate). It would be possible for WG to review logs if we file tickets and give them accurate information. Date, time, map and player anything that might help them narrow down the scope of the search. 

Edited by PeteGee45, 30 January 2020 - 11:20 AM.

acrisis #31 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBachus131, on 30 January 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

Your it doesn't happen to me so it doesn't exist defense is severely flawed because if you look at the thread there are many players ( with high win rates even) that disagree with you also if it did not exist why would WG include them on  it's survey?

You are connecting too many dots. 

Have I said they don’t exist? No.

Have I experienced apparent ghost shells? Yes.

Have I experienced odd stuff ... like HE bouncing? Yes. 

The reason WG asks in the survey? The last update had a bug, which saw global issues, WG confirmed, they addressed it in two three days, now WG wants to know if it is fully resolved. 

I just remain firmly objective on the issue in general, that when one person says they have multiple ghost shells per battle, battle after battle, ... what was it OP said?   90 % ghost shells     out of what maybe 10 shots per game, 10 battles in an hour of play. That’d be 90 ghost shells out of 100 shots, ... in a session ... that seems rather extreme. And, so far it is totally isolated.  Time to troubleshoot and go through the motions.  But most most people, just want to simply blame WG and not take even one minute to type out their device, connection, broadband, ...

BE  (+)   

Bachus131 #32 Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29499 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View Postacrisis, on 30 January 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

You are connecting too many dots. 

Have I said they don’t exist? No.

Have I experienced apparent ghost shells? Yes.

Have I experienced odd stuff ... like HE bouncing? Yes. 

The reason WG asks in the survey? The last update had a bug, which saw global issues, WG confirmed, they addressed it in two three days, now WG wants to know if it is fully resolved. 

I just remain firmly objective on the issue in general, that when one person says they have multiple ghost shells per battle, battle after battle, ... what was it OP said?   90 % ghost shells     out of what maybe 10 shots per game, 10 battles in an hour of play. That’d be 90 ghost shells out of 100 shots, ... in a session ... that seems rather extreme. And, so far it is totally isolated.  Time to troubleshoot and go through the motions.  But most most people, just want to simply blame WG and not take even one minute to type out their device, connection, broadband, ...

He didn't say 90% of ALL SHOTS he said 90% of his FIRST SHOTS and that is when the game has the most calculations and variables to process.

Also I and others have said they happen much less when locked on which means the game has already processed much of that information before the shot is fired.

Also tagged with ghost, disappearing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users