Faux Clans

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Death__Valley #21 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:57 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21922 battles

View PostR3l0ading, on 28 January 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

Why would someone go through the trouble to find copyright laws for a Videogame.Why in the world are you even wondering what Wargaming does to these trolls?The III clans are not very hard to get into,they’re average at best.I’m not defending the troll but what’s the point in going through the trouble to post this?Once you have your clan with all its “official” branches in the description then it should be fine,if anyone misinterprets III-F as an actual III clan just direct them to your clan desc. Wargaming doesn’t have to do anything really.

Nobody is proposing hiring a lawyer or going through a legal process. But if we have a name, and that includes a standard of behavior towards team play, and anti troll in the game and forums, we would want to protect it. And spouting off all that garbage before a match begins, and to someone who has never met you or done you wrong is something worth pursuing. You have the right to disagree, but we value our name. Our sub-clan with the [¡¡¡] tag is competitive. Not to the point of Purple or Prammo, but there are plenty of 60%+ WR players. There are different sub-clans. I’m moved to the [¡¡¡-R] Reserves because I took a year plus away from the game to run to get ,h health back on track. But ALL of us hold to Triarii values, or should anyway. So a fake [¡¡¡-F ], who conducts himself as Dong did, is something that bothers us.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

R3l0ading #22 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1988 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View Postzcostilla, on 28 January 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

Nobody is proposing hiring a lawyer or going through a legal process. But if we have a name, and that includes a standard of behavior towards team play, and anti troll in the game and forums, we would want to protect it. And spouting off all that garbage before a match begins, and to someone who has never met you or done you wrong is something worth pursuing. You have the right to disagree, but we value our name. Our sub-clan with the [¡¡¡] tag is competitive. Not to the point of Purple or Prammo, but there are plenty of 60%+ WR players. There are different sub-clans. I’m moved to the [¡¡¡-R] Reserves because I took a year plus away from the game to run to get ,h health back on track. But ALL of us hold to Triarii values, or should anyway. So a fake [¡¡¡-F ], who conducts himself as Dong did, is something that bothers us.

Yes while I do understand your point,it’s an online video game.Theres always trolls,you can’t really get rid of them.Honestly I would be flattered if someone took the time to degrade their own name just because they despise our clan that much.

DontCareAnyLonger #23 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80958 battles
  • [CMIND]
Well since the game is owned and run by a foreign country, I doubt your case will hold up in the US.  

Death__Valley #24 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21922 battles

View PostAKWolf1, on 23 February 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

Well since the game is owned and run by a foreign country, I doubt your case will hold up in the US.

Lol! Not making it a legal issue. But international businesses have to follow the laws of the countries where they conduct business. Say for instance, terrorists were using the game chat to plot something nefarious, and the FBI caught wind of the plot involving Americans. The FBI could seeks and execute a search warrant, or even a FISA warrant, covering any and all data pertinent to the case. Or if someone in the US committed a crime and was dumb enough to chat about it online. Then the proper law enforcement agency could seek and execute a warrant for that data. In this case, if a legal claim were to be filed in court, it would be a civil matter, with a cease and desist notice. Failure to heed that notice would result in a legal claim for damages, hypothetically speaking. I have a business administration degree, so my understanding of business law is limited, but not totally ignorant of how it works. But I actually had to take college classes on legal and ethics issues.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users