iOS 13 Stability Feedback

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GentleNova #1 Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28515 battles
  • [SRT_]

I’ve been using iOS on an iPad for years and have never had any major issues with it previously. In effect, it just worked as advertised...which is what I loved about it so much.

With iOS / iPadOS 13, this stability seems to have been tossed out the window in a rush to get the new version out at the end of last year. It seemed to have affected a lot of people in different ways (iPhone vs iPad). However, with some of the more recent point updates (13.3), some things seem to have been addressed, while other things (at least from my perspective) are still causing issues.

I’ve tried to scour a variety of tech websites on this iOS 13 debacle and the current status of if most of the main issues have been addressed but I’m not finding many recent updates on the subject.

With this in mind, I’d like to ask the community the following. 

Are you still experiencing issues with iOS / iPadOS 13 currently (indicating your platform and device) and what are the issues outstanding for you (in terms of the platform overall, not just with regards to its Blitz performance)?

For myself, I’m using a 6th generation iPad and finding the platform sluggish overall, affecting a variety of my apps including Blitz.

The Mail app is the worst of all, in that I can open it and it shows a complete white page, taking 5 seconds or more to start showing an already opened email or just as long to load new emails that display notifications as already being in my mail inbox. Very weird. 

I’m also still experiencing memory issues when tabbing between apps, which cause the app to reload web pages I tabbed out of just seconds ago, thus losing what I previously typed on that page.

Also even the loading of web pages in general in Safari is brutal, as it will continually try to refresh a loading page until it gives a loading error message. This is even worse in Flipboard when loading a web page to the point it becomes unusable. To resolve this, I have to clear my web cache daily and I’m getting in the habit of even rebooting my iPad daily (which seems nuts).

Note that I have done a factory reinstall of the iPadOS using my laptop. When doing this, the problems seems to be gone for a few days to a week but then after that, they slowly start revealing themselves again.

Major_Sweatpants #2 Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5171 battles
  • [GTFO-]
I play on iPad as well, not really many problems. it could be that you have IpadOS on a Laptop (or so you say), but it could also be hardware problems on said 6th gen.

give smasher ATGMs!!

I'm not tankist, i love all tanks equally!

acrisis #3 Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [III-C]

Daily issues with iPad OS 13 on an iPad 2018. 

Safari blank pages. Safari crashes. 

Youtube pages not playing, only in mobile view after extra reload, page stops functioning when clicking gear to enable subtitles and pick 720p.

Game crashes, wotb, wowsb, pubg, codm, ...

It has to be memory issues. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

spike41_flame #4 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42698 battles
  • [SR-71]

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5 and have not updated any of my iDevices to iOS 13 because by in large, it's utter garbage.  iOS 11 was the previous king of poor iOS releases and now 13 has taken that tile over.  If you look on any of the Mac forums you will see countless threads of performance/bug issues.  Mail, Memory Management are two of the largest most widely reported issues mentioned in the posts on these forums.  Pretty much exactly what you describe. 

I realize this doesn't help you now since you've updated to iOS 13 but I would strongly encourage you to wait if at all possible before upgrading.  Do some homework to read of others experiences.  I'm staying on iOS 12.4.1 and may stay there until after 14 is released unless I am comfortable with what I read about future iOS 13 updates.  

Couple of other points to mention.  14 in theory should be an improvement over 13 because honestly anything would be but just like 11 and then 12 before it, 11 focused on new features.  12 focused on stability.  13 new features, 14 will be stability.  Apple has also reportedly made changes to their internal processes that might help squash bugs before there are public releases.  We'll see.  

GentleNova #5 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28515 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Postspike41_steel, on 28 January 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5 and have not updated any of my iDevices to iOS 13 because by in large, it's utter garbage.  iOS 11 was the previous king of poor iOS releases and now 13 has taken that tile over.  If you look on any of the Mac forums you will see countless threads of performance/bug issues.  Mail, Memory Management are two of the largest most widely reported issues mentioned in the posts on these forums.  Pretty much exactly what you describe. 

I realize this doesn't help you now since you've updated to iOS 13 but I would strongly encourage you to wait if at all possible before upgrading.  Do some homework to read of others experiences.  I'm staying on iOS 12.4.1 and may stay there until after 14 is released unless I am comfortable with what I read about future iOS 13 updates.  

Couple of other points to mention.  14 in theory should be an improvement over 13 because honestly anything would be but just like 11 and then 12 before it, 11 focused on new features.  12 focused on stability.  13 new features, 14 will be stability.  Apple has also reportedly made changes to their internal processes that might help squash bugs before there are public releases.  We'll see.  

I just don’t want to have to wait until Sept for iOS 14 to be released before these issues are addressed. But it might turn out that way.

And I do usually read reviews from major Apple news sites to get a consensus on the new version. I don’t remember there be a concerted "Definitely do not install!" In fact, I think a lot of the minor problems got worser with update 13.2 after the fact, didn’t they?

PS. But in future though, I will probably wait at least two weeks to a month regardless of reviews now. That trust is gone now. 

Edited by GentleNova, 28 January 2020 - 07:12 PM.

____Zer0____ #6 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37763 battles
  • [CRUEL]
On a side note. 13.3.1 is out.  

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

GentleNova #7 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28515 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Post____Zer0____, on 28 January 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

On a side note. 13.3.1 is out.  

Thanks!

Unfortunately not the fixes I was looking for though. Hopefully 13.4 is a little more substantial. 

Edited by GentleNova, 29 January 2020 - 03:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users