players YOLO camping matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Bachus131 #1 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28944 battles
  • [JAWZ]

Yet again WG is making moves to make the player-base even less informed and dumber than it was before.  First it removed tanks, components, and lowered exp required for researching tanks, then it added a bunch of premium tanks at top levels, then it also removed crew training at lower levels. 

This means that a new player can now reach tier 10 with less effort than it took to get to tier 6 a year ago or they can simply buy thier way there resulting in tons of players in tiers far beyond thier abilities.

Now they have also disabled chat by default so those new players will never know what they are doing wrong or where to go to learn how to acquire the skills to succeed such as YouTube or the forum.

I know WG got tired of getting tickets on toxic players cussing out 10 year olds and threatening to rape thier Moms, but instead of expelling the toxin with more harsh punishments they just cover it up and end up throwing the new players under the bus instead of on it. Plus the troll players who are intentionally bad are now even more free to be bad with no repercussions because Military Honor is a joke it does not stop them from playing and they obviously do not care about thier reputation anyway. 

The ability to turn chat off is a good idea but it should not be by default.  Instead have a report button in the garage chat that sends a copy of the chat log directly to WG.  Then once verified make the punishments effective 24 hour ban from playing not just chat for first offense, 30 day ban for second, and permanent ban for third. 

Sure they can re-roll but they will be stuck at lower levels until they learn to behave.

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

j_rod #2 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:16 AM

Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 27601 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostBachus131, on 28 January 2020 - 05:55 PM, said:

Yet again WG is making moves to make the player-base even less informed and dumber than it was before.  First it removed tanks, components, and lowered exp required for researching tanks, then it added a bunch of premium tanks at top levels, then it also removed crew training at lower levels. 

This means that a new player can now reach tier 10 with less effort than it took to get to tier 6 a year ago or they can simply buy thier way there resulting in tons of players in tiers far beyond thier abilities.

Now they have also disabled chat by default so those new players will never know what they are doing wrong or where to go to learn how to acquire the skills to succeed such as YouTube or the forum.

I know WG got tired of getting tickets on toxic players cussing out 10 year olds and threatening to rape thier Moms, but instead of expelling the toxin with more harsh punishments they just cover it up and end up throwing the new players under the bus instead of on it. Plus the troll players who are intentionally bad are now even more free to be bad with no repercussions because Military Honor is a joke it does not stop them from playing and they obviously do not care about thier reputation anyway. 

The ability to turn chat off is a good idea but it should not be by default.  Instead have a report button in the garage chat that sends a copy of the chat log directly to WG.  Then once verified make the punishments effective 24 hour ban from playing not just chat for first offense, 30 day ban for second, and permanent ban for third. 

Sure they can re-roll but they will be stuck at lower levels until they learn to behave.

You’re kidding right? What’s your excuse?

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Bachus131

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

plsdontkillmexxx #3 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11135 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostBachus131, on 29 January 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Those chat bans would never happen cos players can't spend money unless they're playing.

__V_O_P__ #4 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41696 battles

View Postj_rod, on 29 January 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

you think he’s a nuub?

_Crusader6_ #5 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:33 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65627 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postj_rod, on 28 January 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Shots fired.  

Normally I’d say this might be a N&S, but the OP did start a rant about poor performances.  

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

__V_O_P__ #6 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41696 battles
Well first of all previously WG has stopped all in game chat because of toxicity. This is a similar if less drastic move. Making it default seems to make sure that players take responsibility. If you click to receive messages then that’s on you. While I don’t agree with it I think I understand why they did it. Ultimately the less time they spend on tickets the more time they can work on game content.

And let’s be honest who thinks that receiving unsolicited advice in their game play is something that they take seriously?

Si1verBlood #7 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:47 AM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]
Probably should make a " Can you help me improve  at the game" post instead of this one bud

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

Meat_Locker #8 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:03 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 47821 battles
  • [TOES]
It's just another example, in an exceptionally long list, of WG implementing some nutbag idea with little thought to Social Psychology or adults.

spike41_flame #9 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42833 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 28 January 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Well first of all previously WG has stopped all in game chat because of toxicity. This is a similar if less drastic move. Making it default seems to make sure that players take responsibility. If you click to receive messages then that’s on you. While I don’t agree with it I think I understand why they did it. Ultimately the less time they spend on tickets the more time they can work on game content.

And let’s be honest who thinks that receiving unsolicited advice in their game play is something that they take seriously?

I agree with pretty much everything.  The exception being the last part.  When I was new and doing things wrong, I got it pointed out to me.  Granted for every 10 toxic and vile message I received, I did get help from others who made me think much harder about the game.  Had I not had those messages, I might still be as bad as I was then.  But yeah, the toxic ones messages were so unbelievably bad.  

boris55555 #10 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:18 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 28275 battles
  • [MINC]

Just saw a dude do 5219 in borsig. Ace. But couldn’t give him a shout out. A gg. Nothing

:amazed:6.7/6.8/6.9/6.10/7.0 now we have LAME tanks w broken mechanic “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke.
WATCH THE SPRING MISSILE TOURNAMENTS; SUPERHEAVIES & TRICK SHOTS. Top down non los magic “situational” missiles on a LAME platform is STILL poorly thought out. Urrrrgggg 

Dark_Magician_Girl #11 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:36 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 40671 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postj_rod, on 28 January 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

OMG IS IT HOT IN HERE OR WHAT???

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

_Crusader6_ #12 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:40 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65627 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postboris55555, on 28 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Just saw a dude do 5219 in borsig. Ace. But couldn’t give him a shout out. A gg. Nothing

Thumbs up for safety. 

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

GentleNova #13 Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28515 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 28 January 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

I do, as long as it’s civil. I remember one battle long ago where myself and another fellow from a notable clan lost in a very close Tier 9 or 10 game because I had to choose between stopping a cap or sticking with him to prevent him from being killed. I choose the cap as it was close to completing. He got killed and got upset. He said I should have stuck with him. It was a slightly heated at first but all cool in the end. Again I don’t mind hearing different perspectives and points of view, as long as it’s civil.

plsdontkillmexxx #14 Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11135 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 29 January 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

It should be off by default because, as it stands now, if you message anyone for any legitimate reason, they won't receive the message unless they've also turned 'friends only' off.

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 29 January 2020 - 02:26 AM.

Chiefmac #15 Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52103 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostBachus131, on 28 January 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

Understand your frustration. I actually think WG should have implemented a zero tolerance policy for the most egregious offenses, but alas they didn’t. I’m 55 years old and am glad this has finally given me the tools needed to eliminate the nonsense that some feel is their right/responsibility. Unsolicited harassment is NEVER acceptable, EVER. 

Chiefmac #16 Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52103 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 28 January 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

It should be off by default because, as it stands now, if you message anyone for any legitimate reason, they won't receive the message unless they've also turned 'friends only' off.

Exactly ! I’ve been playing since inception and less than 5% of the messages I’ve received from people not on my friends list was anything useful, everything else is straight GARBAGE ! 

rosgrim #17 Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 88116 battles
  • [COD]

1st of all you are incredible. Always complaining about everything.

Players keep complaining about toxicity, WOTB give the option to avoid the after battle bothering messages and you keep complaining ? cmon.

This is an option.

It means that you can switch off and receive the messages if you like it.

Default ? Right, as said above in this way is up to you. Fair enough.

2nd does one of you really think that a message could be productive of something ?

I guess each of you had 1 decent conversation out of hundreds full of childish insults. So do a favor to yourself be realistic.

3rd if you wanna have access to DM there is another way: ask for friendship. If the player is interested will accept if not do you really (again) think he would appreciate anyway your message ?

By the way most of the "social" activities/messages tools in any game, media etc give this option. WOTB was just late to activate that.

Last: there are hundreds things that could help players improvement but (for sure) not direct messages

(in my opinion neither the chat in the battle. As I said - and with me many contributors - give more default commands like directions etc and it would be totally unnecessary. But this is another story). 

Edited by rosgrim, 29 January 2020 - 05:23 AM.

Bachus131 #18 Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28944 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View Postspike41_steel, on 28 January 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

I agree with pretty much everything.  The exception being the last part.  When I was new and doing things wrong, I got it pointed out to me.  Granted for every 10 toxic and vile message I received, I did get help from others who made me think much harder about the game.  Had I not had those messages, I might still be as bad as I was then.  But yeah, the toxic ones messages were so unbelievably bad.  

This is exactly what I was talking about I had similar direction when I started and was referred to Bushka and Martin Dogger in chat otherwise I probably would never have heard of them or at least much later and I have 'Paid it forward by doing the same.

Even now I get some asking what I mean when telling them to Sidescrape in battle in my garage chat but they cannot see my response because chat is turned off by default even when they initiate the conversation and they lack the savvy to know how to change the setting.

Bachus131 #19 Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28944 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View Postrosgrim, on 28 January 2020 - 11:21 PM, said:

1st of all you are incredible. Always complaining about everything.

Players keep complaining about toxicity, WOTB give the option to avoid the after battle bothering messages and you keep complaining ? cmon.

This is an option.

It means that you can switch off and receive the messages if you like it.

Default ? Right, as said above in this way is up to you. Fair enough.

2nd does one of you really think that a message could be productive of something ?

I guess each of you had 1 decent conversation out of hundreds full of childish insults. So do a favor to yourself be realistic.

3rd if you wanna have access to DM there is another way: ask for friendship. If the player is interested will accept if not do you really (again) think he would appreciate anyway your message ?

By the way most of the "social" activities/messages tools in any game, media etc give this option. WOTB was just late to activate that.

Last: there are hundreds things that could help players improvement but (for sure) not direct messages

(in my opinion neither the chat in the battle. As I said - and with me many contributors - give more default commands like directions etc and it would be totally unnecessary. But this is another story). 

First if no one points out what is wrong it never gets fixed.

2nd as I and others have said players helped us and we have helped newer players in turn

3rd they are very unlikely to accept friendship until they talk to you first and see number 2

Last many of these players this is the first strategy/ multiplayer game they have ever played and it would not occur to them to look for contributors content  unless directed there by someone else. 

__V_O_P__ #20 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41696 battles

View Postrosgrim, on 29 January 2020 - 05:21 AM, said:

1st of all you are incredible.

Ros gave us all the forum equivalent of a thumbs up. Thanks dude! 

Also tagged with players, YOLO, camping, matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users