players YOLO camping matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Gavidoc01 #21 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:32 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 46476 battles
  • [III]

Issue isn’t the chat with friends only. The issue is that it’s turned on as default and as a result people don’t realize it. I wasn’t aware it was on by default till I saw a post in my clan chat. 

Also not sure why the OP’s stats were brought up. He never said he was good. How do you know he is what he describes and not the one he doesn’t describe in his rant?

Edited by Gavidoc01, 29 January 2020 - 11:34 AM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

ZebraUp #22 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 28613 battles
  • [STPLR]

The "Messages from Friends Only" shouldn't be on by default unless this fact was accompanied by a separate article explaining it and how to change it in News.

Probably 99.4% of the playerbase isn't even aware of it.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

Texas_Tyrant #23 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9485 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostZebraUp, on 29 January 2020 - 06:15 AM, said:

The "Messages from Friends Only" shouldn't be on by default unless this fact was accompanied by a separate article explaining it and how to change it in News.

Probably 99.4% of the playerbase isn't even aware of it.

So true, nobody knows about it. Makes platooning even harder finding someone.

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

dport02 #24 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31982 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View PostGavidoc01, on 29 January 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

Issue isn’t the chat with friends only. The issue is that it’s turned on as default and as a result people don’t realize it. I wasn’t aware it was on by default till I saw a post in my clan chat. 

Also not sure why the OP’s stats were brought up. He never said he was good. How do you know he is what he describes and not the one he doesn’t describe in his rant?

Not saying I agree, but it’s a default for some people to bring up stats in argument 

RNG is rigged !

j_rod #25 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:20 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 27537 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostGavidoc01, on 29 January 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

This means that a new player can now reach tier 10 with less effort than it took to get to tier 6 a year ago or they can simply buy thier way there resulting in tons of players in tiers far beyond thier abilities.  

C’mon Gav... he’s complaining about players playing in tiers far beyond their abilities while running a 42% winrate at tier 8 after 26k games. I could care less how good or bad a player he is, but all of these threads [edited]about the playerbase by players that can’t see that they are the problem is getting extremely annoying. 

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

j_rod #26 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:30 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 27537 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 28 January 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

Well first of all previously WG has stopped all in game chat because of toxicity. This is a similar if less drastic move. Making it default seems to make sure that players take responsibility. If you click to receive messages then that’s on you. While I don’t agree with it I think I understand why they did it. Ultimately the less time they spend on tickets the more time they can work on game content.

And let’s be honest who thinks that receiving unsolicited advice in their game play is something that they take seriously?

^^^^^^.....this. 

I mean hell, we literally have a thread titled “I am Tired...” in which a guy is complaining about his inability to rant at other players anymore. For every one positive message sent, I guarantee there are 20 that aren’t. 

Furthermore, the first time one tries to send a message post-game to a player that isn’t on your friends list, it literally says that at the bottom of the screen. So what exactly is the issue? The fact that you now have to friend a player before sending your advice/hate mail or that you were unaware for approximately .78 of an hour that you may have missed someone’s nasty-gram post-game? 

Edited by j_rod, 29 January 2020 - 01:59 PM.

acrisis #27 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [III-C]

Reads like a rant complaining about the player base, can’t tell others what they should be doing after a battle ... like they should learn how to play better by watching youtuber xyz.

Then somebody looked up the OP. 

:facepalm:

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

tedg5 #28 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:55 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 53965 battles
  • [AGOGO]
I think most of y’all have pretty well covered it above. While the OPs sentiment is certainly valid, we have kettle and pot, something, something black situation here. :popcorn:

Alopex__ #29 Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]
The other day some poor lad was upset cause his crush friend zoned him. I tried to give him advice after game so that he doesn't waste his time and develope insecurities about rejection because many of us have been there and know the feeling. I imagine he is locked away sobbing, if only someone could have given them some encouraging words when they reached out. Way to go wargaming.

_Crusader6_ #30 Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65382 battles
  • [SURG3]

View PostStarFox__McCloud, on 29 January 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

The other day some poor lad was upset cause his crush friend zoned him. I tried to give him advice after game so that he doesn't waste his time and develope insecurities about rejection because many of us have been there and know the feeling. I imagine he is locked away sobbing, if only someone could have given them some encouraging words when they reached out. Way to go wargaming.

As a parent of a 22 year old, a 10year old, and a 8 year old - I find it an appalling parental failing that anyone gives two flying ****'s about what someone does or doesn't feel about something like that.   I think our world has gotten a little to wrapped up in electronic discourse.   As my mother told me years ago (probably 43-44 years ago) when I can sobbing home from school as someone had called me a bad name - "Sticks and Stone's may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"

*same kid kicked me in the junk the next day when I said that to him - and started my first playground fight.

I've also seen parents leave dirty needles around toddlers, and worse, so I understand a lot of children don't get the appropriate love, affection, and guidance in formative years.

Because of these parental neglects we have a society that lacks any sort of 1) Fortitude, both metal and physical 2) Common Decency, if I acted like some folks do in chat, my mom or dad would have either canned my tushy until I could not sit down for a week, and/or washed my mouth out with Soap.

Cascading from that, we as a society now need to protect those who don't have the skills to protect themselves, from those who don't have the skills to monitor themselves to reasonable societal norms.

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

j_rod #31 Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 27537 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 29 January 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

As a parent of a 22 year old, a 10year old, and a 8 year old - I find it an appalling parental failing that anyone gives two flying ****'s about what someone does or doesn't feel about something like that.   I think our world has gotten a little to wrapped up in electronic discourse.   As my mother told me years ago (probably 43-44 years ago) when I can sobbing home from school as someone had called me a bad name - "Sticks and Stone's may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"

*same kid kicked me in the junk the next day when I said that to him - and started my first playground fight.

I've also seen parents leave dirty needles around toddlers, and worse, so I understand a lot of children don't get the appropriate love, affection, and guidance in formative years.

Because of these parental neglects we have a society that lacks any sort of 1) Fortitude, both metal and physical 2) Common Decency, if I acted like some folks do in chat, my mom or dad would have either canned my tushy until I could not sit down for a week, and/or washed my mouth out with Soap.

Cascading from that, we as a society now need to protect those who don't have the skills to protect themselves, from those who don't have the skills to monitor themselves to reasonable societal norms.

A big difference from when we were kids (you're older, but we're both pre-cell phone & social media) is that we were able to go home and have a break from it all. Now, everything is so pervasive that short of turning off one's electronics, there's no way to get away. We do that with our kids, but mine are 7 & 5 so while we're keeping a close eye on their use, they're not in to FB, Snapchat, IG, etc yet. I know it will only get harder to manage/monitor as they get older. 

I really like how you tied the last two paragraphs together though. While I don't necessarily feel like mental/physical fortitude is much different than the past, there are definitely many people out there that are raised to be mentally/physically soft.There's also more awareness that the top-down, harsh approach can sometimes go overboard (i.e. Bobby Knight as an example), so the pendulum has potentially swung too far the other way to the point of coddling in some cases. Additionally, because much of the communication these days is done electronically, there are more opportunities for acting ugly without repercussion, regardless of age. With that comes the need for more monitoring and sticking up for bullying, which is where I wholeheartedly agree with you. In fact, I turned off my post-game messaging with strangers because I realized my competitive nature (and lack of maturity in this case), was causing me to act in a way that wasn't consistent with my values. 

Bachus131 #32 Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28932 battles
  • [JAWZ]

I guess I am not the only one ranting now :D

But you forgot the other end of the scale where everone gets a trophy and kids get expelled from school for making a gun shape with thier fingers and going bang. 

I also agree that society is too wrapped up in electronic media but  it is too late to put the cat back in the bag when someone can be fired from thier job for a FaceBook post they did on thier own time.

Now imagine if you could impart some of that wisdom to those new players who need it. 

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

Bachus131 #33 Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28932 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 28 January 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

Those chat bans would never happen cos players can't spend money unless they're playing.

You are probably right but I am hoping to show WG that pulling weeds out of the garden makes it grow faster and produce more food. 

Si1verBlood #34 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:15 AM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 29 January 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

Is that a new copy pasta of some sort....

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

Mako__Reizei___ #35 Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7802 battles
  • [ALIAS]

The only thing I hate about this feature is the fact that I can't give players the following:
-Post game praise
-Constructive criticism on what they did wrong (such as choosing to fight an enemy on low hp instead of running away to win on cap points on supremacy thus losing us the game)
-Communication with randoms that I just met on the battlefield and would love to chat around with for a bit after battle, potential platoonmate

This can easily be fixed by making it default to off for everybody and giving a pop-up saying how to activate this new chat feature.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

j_rod #36 Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:34 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 27537 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 30 January 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

The only thing I hate about this feature is the fact that I can't give players the following:
-Post game praise
-Constructive criticism on what they did wrong (such as choosing to fight an enemy on low hp instead of running away to win on cap points on supremacy thus losing us the game)
-Communication with randoms that I just met on the battlefield and would love to chat around with for a bit after battle, potential platoonmate

This can easily be fixed by making it default to off for everybody and giving a pop-up saying how to activate this new chat feature.

Give them a +1 and add them as a friend. Two extra button presses.

Bachus131 #37 Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28932 battles
  • [JAWZ]
At the very least they should allow you to respond when someone initiates a conversation with you.

Edited by Bachus131, 03 February 2020 - 11:44 AM.

Kiwi_Kebab #38 Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5900 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

[Citation needed]

krietenstein34 #39 Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31749 battles
  • [HAHA]
Ummmmm, look in the mirror bub. Ouchy wow.   Good Lord I cringed
:girl:

Reking_40_percenters #40 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:10 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1331 battles
  • [CAK]

View PostBachus131, on 29 January 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

This is exactly what I was talking about I had similar direction when I started and was referred to Bushka and Martin Dogger in chat otherwise I probably would never have heard of them or at least much later and I have 'Paid it forward by doing the same.

Even now I get some asking what I mean when telling them to Sidescrape in battle in my garage chat but they cannot see my response because chat is turned off by default even when they initiate the conversation and they lack the savvy to know how to change the setting.

OK - no one else wants to say it so I will....Because I am 56 and luckily missed GenX.

I was crap when I started and after all the hate, was suggested to watch Bushka as well. I also went back to tier 1. WG is more or less at fault by encouraging a rapid rise in tiers before you're ready. I went from 45% to 55% and have some accounts in the mid 60's and 1 at 92%. I have several account on 3 continents.

So my question is - if you are currently at a 40% winrate AFTER watching Bushka's videos, what was your WR before?

Also tagged with players, YOLO, camping, matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users