• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

boris55555 #41 Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:40 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27163 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postj_rod, on 13 February 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ah right. So when they’re sitting on the hill in Middleburg with two of their teammates supporting them, the solution is to rush them. Got it.

And bc you don’t/can’t use the missiles effectively, it’s not an issue. Also got it.

Great points. Thanks.

I’m so glad I’m not alone on this island of hate and more hate 

***6.7/6.8/6.9 have Broken the game Wg not even bothering to fix. “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke. ***
Oh -- and they really don't want to admit that Missiles were a mistake  -  they died on the hill that was update 3.8  - and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well.” B Prime

Communication has failed. Wg does not understand that non LOS attacks break their game. No more $$$$. B5 :facepalm:

j_rod #42 Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:56 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25932 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postboris55555, on 13 February 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

I’m so glad I’m not alone on this island of hate and more hate 

If we were, then we’d be best to just suck it up and move on or just find another game. As it were, there are a large number of players that I would say are well respected that have voiced their disagreement with the missiles. Will that be enough to make a change? Who knows. 

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

__Crusader6__ #43 Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:59 AM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63833 battles
  • [SURG3]
I still stand by the fact it isn’t the missiles.   It’s the way Missiles are being abused. 
 https://youtu.be/YiupvozI8bw 

Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  407/408 Aced
Missing Ace: Pantera P44. 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

j_rod #44 Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:03 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25932 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

I still stand by the fact it isn’t the missiles.   It’s the way Missiles are being abused. 

I feel like we’re saying the same thing in different languages. 

Until the mechanic is fixed in a way that eliminates the issues that have been highlighted, missiles are a problem. When it’s fixed, I’ll be a missile fanboy. 

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

boris55555 #45 Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:24 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 27163 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 February 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

Idk, if they fix the abuse that ribble suggested wasn’t an exploit and missile tanks have to expose themselves in some way to get a shot...I’ll be fine

View Postj_rod, on 13 February 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

I feel like we’re saying the same thing in different languages. 

Until the mechanic is fixed in a way that eliminates the issues that have been highlighted, missiles are a problem. When it’s fixed, I’ll be a missile fanboy. 

Not a fan boy, but if they function in some way as to not be abused, not hit from the top into tanks not designed to take top damage and some sort of exposure. I’ll live and learn a new meta. 

***6.7/6.8/6.9 have Broken the game Wg not even bothering to fix. “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke. ***
Oh -- and they really don't want to admit that Missiles were a mistake  -  they died on the hill that was update 3.8  - and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well.” B Prime

Communication has failed. Wg does not understand that non LOS attacks break their game. No more $$$$. B5 :facepalm:

zcostilla #46 Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:50 AM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21829 battles
  • [III-R]

Quoting myself from another thread, because while I would personally like the see the ATGM rounds removed, I doubt it will happen, and this is my updated idea of fixing the tanks/rounds. Shamelessly going to also add this to the official announcement thread started by Ribble.

This is another justification, in my opinion, that these ATGMs need a time (distance travelled) buffer before the controls kick in. They were never meant to be used the way we use them in game. I know I sound like a broken record, but the ATGM guidance system takes time to activate (enough time for the missile to travel 730 meters). And according to Wikipedia (not always a reliable source of info) would they weren’t even installed in the T92. The ATGM need a time/distance travelled buffer BEFORE THE GUIDANCE SYSTEM ACTIVATES. It also SHOULD HAVE LINE OF SIGHT TO TARGET for controlling the missile. I would also recommend limiting the tank’s ammo capacity and then adding a gun option to NOT CARRY ATGM rounds and add capacity for more APCR, (which really happened in Vietnam).

In addition, the missile proved to have a very long minimum range. Due to the layout of the vehicle, the missile did not come into the sight of the gun/tracker system until it was 800 yards (730 m) from the vehicle, at which point it could start to be guided. Because of its maximum range of about 2,200 yards (2,000 m), the system was only effective within a fairly narrow span of combat distances.” - From the “M551 Shillelagh” wiki, link below

Aiming the missile was simple; the gunner simply kept his gunsight on the target, while electronics in the sighting system tracked the missile optically and sent corrections through an IR link (similar to a TV remote control). In general the gunners were able to achieve excellent hit rates.” - From the “M551 Shillelagh” wiki, link below

Armor units consisted solely of tanks (minus headquarters company) and mechanized infantry units consisted solely of M113s. In this role, the real problem with the Sheridan was its limited ammunition load; normally, only 20 rounds and 8 missiles; although, as the M551s in Vietnam service were not equipped with missiles or their guidance equipment, this increased the basic load of conventional rounds” - From “Sheridan” wiki, link below

“The only niche where the M551 Sheridan was not ideal was the medium and long-range anti-tank engagement. The muzzle velocity was so low that a HEAT round fired at longer ranges would have to be "lofted", making aiming difficult, and the flight time would be so long that a moving target would be very difficult to hit. However, it appeared there was a solution to this problem by equipping the tank with gun-fired anti-tank missiles. For longer range engagements a missile would be fired instead of a HEAT round, and although its velocity would also be relatively slow, the guidance system would make a hit highly likely anyway. The M551 Sheridan appeared to offer the best of both worlds; for infantry support the large calibre gun allowed it to fire full-sized artillery rounds and canister shot, while also giving it reasonable short-range anti-tank performance from the same gun.” From the “Tanks in the Cold War” wiki, link below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM-51_Shillelagh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T92_Light_Tank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M551_Sheridan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_in_the_Cold_War

Edited by zcostilla, 14 February 2020 - 07:14 PM.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

Also tagged with Blitz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users