Are Tarczay's and Bruno's medals too difficult to attain?

medals poll

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Are Tarczay's and Bruno's too difficult to attain? (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Is Tarczay's medal too difficult to attain?

1. No, leave it as-is. (12 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Yes, remove it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Yes, change the number of critically damaged modules required. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Yes, change the HP threshold to something other than 20%. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Yes, change the number of tanks destroyed. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Yes, change the criteria entirely. (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Is Bruno's medal too difficult to attain?

1. No, leave it as-is. (12 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Yes, remove it. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Yes, change the number of critically damaged modules required. (1 vote [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. Yes, change the HP threshold to something other than 20%. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Yes, change the number of tanks destroyed. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Yes, change the criteria entirely. (1 vote [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Hide poll

i_right_i #1 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 52567 battles
  • [RAIDR]

Are Tarczay's and Bruno's medals too difficult to attain? And by "too difficult" I mean darn near impossible.

The KB article, Damage to Modules, Crew Injuries, and Fire, lists seven modules that can sustain common and critical damage. (Crews are not considered modules, so injured crews don't seem to count.)

1. Ammo rack
  2. Gun
  3. Engine
  4. Turrent
  5. Tracks
  6. Observation devices
  7. Fuel tank

Of those, one of them is not applicable as critical damage to your ammo rack results in instant destruction.

And then there were six possible modules that can sustain critical damage.

Suppose your gun isn't knocked out and you can continue shooting. Great! Only you can only shoot what's in front of you because you can't move nor rotate your turrent. Oh and you must destroy 3+ enemies while you're both tracked and on fire.

If your gun is critically damaged, you can't shoot. That's okay, though: you can still cause damage by ramming. Except...

Five modules must be critically damaged. Suppose three of them are the observation device, turrent (can't rotate), and fuel tank ("We're on fire! Put it out!" ) That leaves either your tracks or engine. But if either of those are critically damaged, you can't move, either.

All with < 20% of your HP.

So what's a Commander to do?

Get rammed by three or more tanks with just one HP remaining while you're on fire. (But get rammed quickly because the fire will get put out after a few seconds automatically--if you don't lose all your HP from either the fire or people ramming you.)

Or destroy three or more one-shots who cross your line of sight using a tank with a high RoF like the tier V Leo or the tier VI T71.

What does everyone else think? Are the conditions for achieving these medals too contrived to make them attainable medals? Replays welcome.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:48 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30840 battles
  • [-0]

Out of 27,000 battles, I have one (1) Bruno's Medal. No Tarczay's. Just FYI, the 5 crew members or modules being knocked out is a requirement, but that only needs to be at one point in the match. You're completely allowed to repair/heal them as long as you had 5 out all at the same point, not 5 different or same ones out at different times during the match. Also, I'm like 99% sure that your kills must come after the point of having 5 modules/crew out.

Fittingly, my one Bruno's is in my Grille, which is my most played tank at 1600 battles. For some reason, both teams went A side so there was no one at the windmill, and no TD's were on the spawn hills. Everyone was just stacked up in a corridor down the A cap line, plus some tanks that went up the castle. 

I think there was a pesky medium taking potshots at me because the situation was that I was at about 1400 HP or so and my kits were already used when all of a sudden, I got clapped with a 1000 alpha HE round from the back corner. I got set on fire and I think I lost 7 modules/crew at that point. I actually took a screenshot right after I got behind cover because I was stunned on how many modules and crew were out, but I'm pretty sure I don't have it anymore. Anyways, I eventually was able to heal up and repair my tank, and I was like, screw it, I'm gonna flank because everyone's entrenched and eventually, one of the teams is just get bled out.

I circled around back to spawn and went all the way to C, where I was able to pick off a medium that was on the hill, plus grab some more damage on the TD's in the back corner. At that point, it had become a 2v4 with a lone medium holding the hill on my team while the remaining 4 tanks started to close in, so I headed to the enemy spawn to take up the TD position from where I got shot originally. The medium on my team wasn't that good, but he didn't seem willing to die easily, which was all I needed. I ended up grabbing 2 more kills as they started coming back over the hill from our spawn and we ended up with the win. 3 kills and 3.7k damage, plus the elusive Bruno's medal. One of my top 10 moments in Blitz history. Shame I didn't record it.

I don't know if I'll ever earn a Tarczay's or a Billotte's for that matter, which is to kill 2 tanks with the same conditions. We'll see how it goes but the Tarczay's and the Fadin's are probably the two most rare medals in the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RonaldusMaximus_ #3 Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17423 battles
  • [III-C]
Everyone needs something to strive for. Keep the difficult medals difficult (don't be a millennial) 

RoadKutter #4 Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:59 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 41696 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 04 February 2020 - 04:45 AM, said:

Everyone needs something to strive for. Keep the difficult medals difficult (don't be a millennial) 

Maybe we need an easy mode? Let him try to get a “Lucky” medal, lol

i got 2 of them

Edited by RoadKutter, 04 February 2020 - 01:00 PM.

Ghosting reds since 2014

Explixiit_ #5 Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

Wannabe unicum

• Players
  • 25464 battles
  • [-RVG-]
I have a Billotte. No idea how though lol

1014855156.png

my crappy stats= here

and for the life of me I cant find a pfp that is small, this one is getting old 

MaxxDamage #6 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 58622 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 04 February 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

Well then we should be able to get a medal for trying our best...

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:54 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17423 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMaxxDamage, on 04 February 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Well then we should be able to get a medal for trying our best...

:medal: Here you go buddy!

acrisis #8 Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

You get a medal, I get a medal, everybody gets a medal!

Easier medals for everybody!!! 

What is next?

Easier avatars for everybody!!! 

Winning is too hard? 

Easier wins for everybody!!!

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Texas_Tyrant #9 Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:15 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12727 battles
  • [UTC]
The point of them being hard is to show skills.

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

_Cletus #10 Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:21 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32761 battles
  • [III-C]

A lot of folks like em hard.  Real hard.  Not me though, I prefer easy, that's how I met my redhead.

My cannon's bigger than yours.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Gavidoc01 #11 Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 49436 battles
  • [III]

you can repair your tank but you MUST be at 20% health before getting your kills or it won't count.

I got my Billiotte in a similar fashion to Frostbite. Don't remember which tank but think I was in a tier IX medium. Got tracked and spun so my rear was facing the red team and then was nuked by a 183 before I was able to repair myself. Ended up with around 200 hp left and only my ammo rack not critically damaged. Repaired and kept fighting, ending up with 2 kills and the Billiotte.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

BorisBaddenov #12 Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:16 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26964 battles
  • [III-R]

I have a Bruno - I remember I got it in a Kv1 - on Rockfield - an eon ago.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

shyw #13 Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50571 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Postacrisis, on 04 February 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

You get a medal, I get a medal, everybody gets a medal!

Easier medals for everybody!!! 

What is next?

Easier avatars for everybody!!! 

Winning is too hard? 

Easier wins for everybody!!!

tooooooo funny....!!!!

Death__Valley #14 Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:12 AM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21944 battles

View Post__Frostbite, on 04 February 2020 - 01:48 AM, said:

I don't know if I'll ever earn a Tarczay's or a Billotte's for that matter, which is to kill 2 tanks with the same conditions. We'll see how it goes but the Tarczay's and the Fadin's are probably the two most rare medals in the game.

I have the cadet medal, but only one. 

seriously, I have the Bruno, but none of the others you mentioned. 

And Roadkutter, I somehow have 6 lucky medals. No clue how.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

_Zakalwe_ #15 Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27970 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Post__Frostbite, on 03 February 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

Just FYI, the 5 crew members or modules being knocked out is a requirement, but that only needs to be at one point in the match. You're completely allowed to repair/heal them as long as you had 5 out all at the same point, not 5 different or same ones out at different times during the match. Also, I'm like 99% sure that your kills must come after the point of having 5 modules/crew out.

Ah. So you can have the damage, repair them, then get kills? Or must get kills while they are damaged?

i_right_i #16 Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 52567 battles
  • [RAIDR]

Based on feedback from other players, it seems like the in-game copy is not entirely clear.

From the in-game description...

Destroy X or more enemy vehicles while you have at least 5 different critically damaged modules and 20% or less HP remaining.

• Survive and win
  • Destroyed enemy vehicles only count towards the award after all required damage has been received

Note the "while." This threw me off and instigated this post. Perhaps somebody mistook после ("after" ) with пока ("while" ). (I'm being generous.)

How about a little cleanup and clarity:

Destroy X or more enemy vehicles after five or more modules are critically damaged simultaneously and you have fewer than 20% HP remaining.

• Using a repair kit to restore module functionality is okay.
  • Injured crew members [do not] count.
  • Only enemy tanks destroyed after both critical damage is received and HP drops below 20% are counted towards this medal.
  • Survive and win the battle.

That seems to clarify the conditions and explicitly indicates using repair kits is permissible, clarifies whether or not injured crews count, and that both conditions must be met to receive the medal.

WG, are you paying attention?

Edited by i_right_i, 05 February 2020 - 05:49 AM.

_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:49 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70650 battles
  • [BDGER]

I don’t have a Bruno’s or Tcarzay’s, I have two Billottes (T110E5, and T-62 A) 

What the OP misses is the descriptions where from back when you only had 1 repair kit usage. 
  The rest is pretty explanatory,  Crewmen are not modules, no idea why anyone could/would mistake that. 
They where also a lot easier in +/-2 as if top tier, one could leave a the -2’s and not be as concerned about fixing issues 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

vvk2 #18 Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76703 battles
  • [SPUDX]
It could just be some luck involved: I earned one Bruno in Hellcat. I survived the hit of the T49A: clearly that would immediately render all conditions met for those medals :). Then I just snipped and somehow got 3 kills. That was actually easy (although I didn’t know until I saw the battle result screen). 

Also tagged with medals, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users