6.8 T92E1 Sheridan

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Holy_Outlaw #1 Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33150 battles
  • [501DV]
From RU forums:  Question- "Do you plan to introduce more tier 10 light tanks? Everyone plays Sheridan right now, and BatChat is not very relevant, because it is more like a med tank." Mod answer -- " Yes, we are aware of the situation with the Sheridan and BatChat, this is why we will make adjustments already in patch 6.8." So maybe 6.8 will bring winds of change, we will know soon enough. :bajan:         Update: Ok Ribble just posted info, check it out. 

Edited by Holy_Outlaw, 06 February 2020 - 11:27 AM.

gordonchau #2 Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7642 battles

From WOTB Discord:

basically what I suggested from the beginning.
Now where's my KpfPz. 70 buff???

Edited by gordonchau, 06 February 2020 - 11:29 AM.

http://www.blitzstar.../1004189253.png

"60% players don't exist without 40% players"

cheesehead247365 #3 Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14746 battles
  • [TYCHE]
Its about time, shoulda been nerfed within 24 hours of 6.7 release

_Cletus #4 Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31313 battles
  • [III-C]

Well it's something.  I hate being right all the time though, but as I predicted, they're giving it a little nerf on this update, the one after we'll see what really happens with these tanks.  310 pen is still a lot of penetration, especially considering that a lot of missiles hit at a downward angle.  The best difference is the damage reduction, but it's still a lot of damage.  And the nerf to the front hull won't make a big difference, those little tanks aren't bouncing because of thick armor, they bounce because of awkward angles.  I guess, first impression, is that I'm glad they are getting a nerf but I don't think it's nearly far enough.  I also apologize for being a Negative Nelly, it's not my natural space, but I do gotta go there now and then.

*copy pasta from the den*

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

The_Lewolf #5 Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41304 battles
  • [CRU2L]

I also apologize for being a Negative Nelly, it's not my natural space, but I do gotta go there now and then.

You keep being you Cletus. We all love you for it.

superfly29erguy_1 #6 Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

Just here for eye candy

• Players
  • 26034 battles
  • [CRU2L]
I still dont know how I managed to bounce 3 HE shells on the front of that stupid T92E1 last night in one game. Especially when you drive by with that "yep, your game is over" look only to have that happen and you eat crow when they reload and finish you off.

Edited by superfly29erguy_1, 06 February 2020 - 03:38 PM.

_Cletus #7 Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31313 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostThe_Lewolf, on 06 February 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

You keep being you Cletus. We all love you for it.

Thanks man!

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

boppinbobby #8 Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61271 battles
  • [HJG2]

From Facebook,

While introducing the ATGM vehicles, we promised to keep an eye on their battle performance and make prompt balance changes if necessary. The latest data analysis suggests the changes are necessary, so the new LTs will be re-balanced already in Update 6.8.

⚡️ Reducing APCR penetration will cause these light tanks to play their direct role on the battlefield—instead of penetrating heavies from the top.
⚡️ The missiles were conceived as "situative" ammo suitable for quite narrow scope of battle situations. Initially, the ATMs appeared to be too versatile, so their penetration and damage are going to be decreased.
⚡️ The T92E1 used to bounce shots too effectively for a light tank, so its upper glacis plate thickness will be reduced.

which says exactly the same as the post :facepalm:. I'll get my coat....

Edited by boppinbobby, 06 February 2020 - 04:20 PM.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

boppinbobby #9 Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61271 battles
  • [HJG2]
I bet that next months stats, with only 1 or 2 tanks a game max seeing the other way tho. There aren't that many rocket experts and apart from the troll top plate, it soon gets hammered when spotted.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

twirlingtowardsfreedom #10 Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34542 battles

This ain't a small nerf, this is a massive nerf bat (note: not saying undeserving). Why? Because they are changing multiple stats on it immediately in just one update, rather than tweaking over a couple. 6.8 stats will be a fascinating comparison. Hard to tell how much this will impact play but I'm sure fewer people will drive them. 

That stats ribble posted are also so, so sad for the batchats. Those tanks were completely murdered by the new lights.

minitel_NA #11 Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postsuperfly29erguy_1, on 06 February 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

I still dont know how I managed to bounce 3 HE shells on the front of that stupid T92E1 last night in one game. Especially when you drive by with that "yep, your game is over" look only to have that happen and you eat crow when they reload and finish you off.

watching replays with wotinspector allows you to see where hits did hit, and why pens did pen (or not).

on main topic : I don’t think it will change anything at all. Frontal armor 52mm is geared to keep bouncing anything below 156mm caliber. that means pretty much everything, right ?.

Missiles fall At such angles, they will still fail on tracks and other angles and sides, and annihilate everything they meet dead on (tops or sides depending on where they are coming from.

reducing missiles alpha IMO is geared towards reduction of tears, not towards a reduction in effectiveness. Many people play them without missiles at all. Including me. As soon as I’m decided on using missiles, I’m wasting so much time and dpm that loss is near guarantee.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #12 Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

I just want a batchat buff.
The russian meds are a joke. Who ever is complaining about t92 when you have horrors in game such as T62a ?

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

wannabeunicum #13 Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42434 battles
  • [-MM]

View Postsuperfly29erguy_1, on 06 February 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

STOP FIRING HE AT THE t92 [edited]. This is your fault for being an idiot that thinks light = HE. Fire AP

Gsauce #14 Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65877 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View Post_Cletus, on 06 February 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Well it's something.  I hate being right all the time though, but as I predicted, they're giving it a little nerf on this update, the one after we'll see what really happens with these tanks.  310 pen is still a lot of penetration, especially considering that a lot of missiles hit at a downward angle.  The best difference is the damage reduction, but it's still a lot of damage.  And the nerf to the front hull won't make a big difference, those little tanks aren't bouncing because of thick armor, they bounce because of awkward angles.  I guess, first impression, is that I'm glad they are getting a nerf but I don't think it's nearly far enough.  I also apologize for being a Negative Nelly, it's not my natural space, but I do gotta go there now and then.

*copy pasta from the den*

I agree with you Cletus. First time I’ve ever been ticked over an OP tank. 

tedg5 #15 Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:33 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 56377 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Seems our testing model is really at fault, can they not see any of these things during that phase? :facepalm:

VonMiller58 #16 Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:02 AM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 33503 battles
  • [JFGF]

how dumb

just disable the look bar missile lobbing capability

Make rockets only line of site guided

I play that tank straight and no look bar crapola...it is a good tank and does have a high ceiling 

Lots of OP tanks and many are not in tech tree and won't get nerfed

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome

Personally I think it needed look bar nerf, maybe slight armor nerf, and a tiny pen nerf.

What this nerf is gonna do is create more artillery missile guys because the tank will be even worse in dogfights and when you are actually playing normally

Probably gonna regret this nerf strategy

o...:...:I:...:...o

BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:07 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26678 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Posttedg5, on 06 February 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

Seems our testing model is really at fault, can they not see any of these things during that phase? :facepalm:

Oh .. WG knows exactly how OP those tanks are -- they are doing this on purpose -- putting out obvious OP tanks to generate excitement and get us to burn our gold or Free XP to get the tank - and then they nerf it to a point of balance.

We've seen this repeated at least three times now -- I think the first was those British TDs - that one with the HESH especially -- after that came the Italian Auto-loaders - and now we get the Missile tanks.   

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

boppinbobby #18 Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61271 battles
  • [HJG2]

If the Nerf takes the fun out of them, it may bring my continuing to play to an end. The T92E1 truly reignited my passion for playing. i was trying to grind credits for the Sheridan with it as it's a reasonable earner, but the impending nerf means I have to grind full on to get the last 2 mill for the Sheridan. 

When Meadsy69 says it will be a fun grind he was not wrong.  

I think it's the first grind I've ever done where I haven't had to mix it up with other tanks to keep interested &frustration at bay. 

I think to nerf it after 1 month, when the first 2 weeks consisted of 2 or 3 of them per team is short sighted. Of course the WR is going to be high when half the team has this firepower. 

today we lost heavily in a 2 T92E1 team against a 1 US light team because the Red team knew how to deal with it (and my co E1 had no clue how to play lights).

If I was to Nerf, I would reduce shell velocity of the APCR and HE and reduce the front plate effectiveness. And the look bar usability as I really can't get the habit of that in a real time situation. 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

Destroy0 #19 Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:48 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 22993 battles
  • [FRS17]
Doesn't really change the tank for me. I rarely use the HEAT but swear by the APCR, but 230 mm at tier 9 is still very respectable.

boris55555 #20 Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:53 AM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 30506 battles
  • [MINC]
 Nerf look out bar, some armor, some pen and I’m even ok with the alpha nerf. But if you want to use this tank to shake up the meta...fine. I’m good with that. Buff the dpm. 

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

Also tagged with 6.8, T92E1, Sheridan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users