Suggesting changes to Realistic Battles

Higher Tiers Dev suggestion Update Suggestion Realism Balancing Game Mechanic Game Mechanic Suggestion Realistic Missiles Beta Test Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zelinth #1 Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18376 battles
  • [GIVI]

This is regarding the Realistic Battles Gamemode. Includes Balancing requests for ONLY that MODE.

(This is a discussion, not a debate!)

1. Remove auto aim. To offset the disadvantages read the next point.

2. Allow guns to fully aim down to ZERO dispersion. So that it favors tanks to stop and if fully aimed the gun will shoot where aimed.

3. Allow a customizable bush attachment for the price of 500 gold (in other words 5 days of watching ads...). But keep it to one bush and not more. To balance this, allow the bush to be destroyed by a shell or more specifically an HE shell.

4. Allow the tank ping to make a temp icon on the map. The icon should be a “?” if the Player has never directly seen the tank. If aimed at directly (the red outline of the enemy tank was seen, not behind hard/solid cover) then the icon should be the “type” (Heavy, Med, Light, TD) of the tank and should be visible for 3 secs  but only in the minimap. After a fixed period of time if the tank is again “pinged” but behind cover it should revert to a “?” on the minimap.

5. Reward tanks for spotting and reporting enemies. Increase the cooldown time for when the “attack this tank” message can be used (to prevent spamming).

6. You can add a radio intercept chance. For example.... Bulldog reports Tiger 2’s position. 5% chance that the position of the bulldog will be revealed as a “?” on the map.

7. The missiles follow the line drawn out from the gun to where it is pointing. And not where the 3rd person or the current POV cam is pointing.(Referring to the “other” tank game out there)

8. Make the missile hit slightly off the targeted point. Call it “jitter”.

9. Allow respawns but make more spawning points to prevent spawn capping from 450m plus distance by TDs.

10. Move the 3rd person camera to the commanders cupola or right above the tank turret

11. Make this gamemode permanent.

OTHER JUSTIFICATIONS FOR SUCH CHANGES

To justify “1”. Auto aim removal increases skill for Missilers and helps balance out the playing field. 

To justify “2”. This is good to give a “you should rather this” for removing the auto-aim and further levels the playing field for Guns and Missiles, as now both can have “nearly” fully aimed shots. This will also offset and help balance removing the auto-aim and it is realistic. Other options include allow gun to aim 90% better and increase the moving dispersion by 5%. Also removing “artificial” gyroscope will help.

No justification for “3”. Camping TD can be offset by no. “9”.

To justify “4”. It is very slow to type out positions and also allows functionality of the quick message as a tactical weapon. The “?” to prevent abuse of the quick message to figure out the tank model when tank is behind hard cover and the player hasn’t seen the tank directly yet (aimed directly). The tank should return to “?” after a small period of time, again to prevent abuse and to identify the tank without seeing it. 

To justify “5”, this is to encourage usage of the same. Reward exp only when reporting a tank if it was a “?”, so as to prevent the usage as a spam exp reward button.

To justify “6”, this is to prevent “spot” camping and introduce a slight danger for abusing the 3rd person to ping a tank. For example sitting behind a hill and thus allowing no return fire while continuously “pinging” the tanks. The “interception” will reveal the position of the “spotting” tank and keep it dynamic. It also helps again to counter-balance the exp reward of the quick message.

To justify “7”. This will help balance the missile tanks and introduce even more skill as it will be “realistic” cause real life 3rd person cameras don’t exist.

To justify “8”. Adds realism and again balances the Missiles.

To justify “9”. This will incentivize the players and allow for making up for mistakes. Also in realistic battles respawns will allow surprise pushes of caps and also the ability to correct ones mistakes. It will also help mediums and lights who would like to go TD hunting.

To justify “10”. One word “REALISM”. Prevents missile abuse and also give advantages to bigger tanks to offset their larger size. Bigger tank means easier to get spotted or noticed but also easier to see. Also will to a degree prevent spawn capping as the third person height will be removed and more obstacles will come in the way of sight. Also tanks will then always “appear” spotted.

For “11”. Duh!!

Edited by Zelinth, 10 February 2020 - 02:17 PM.

Zelinth #2 Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18376 battles
  • [GIVI]

https://imgur.com/a/BZogdLy

this is about the missiles

Becksel #3 Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8201 battles
  • [QCSAG]
:popcorn:

Premium Tanks In Garage:43

Collector Tanks In Garage:9

Tier x's:10

PREVIOUS USERNAME-JesusTheReason

Major_Sweatpants #4 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5849 battles
  • [PANEM]
soooooo... WT with a health system??

Morphman11 #5 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles

Take realistic battles and make them more like arcade according to this one. 
1. Absolutely moronic. Most players play on standard sensitivity thus auto aim helps people get on target. PC auto aim is garbage.

2. Claiming it’s realistic is like saying you are a professional because you are a registered *** offender. You have never shot a gun because even a first time shooter can tell not all cartridges are the same. So every single shell doesn’t travel out the rifling the same. Probably you can’t drive but newsflash the engine shakes in a car causing minor movement. Tanks have bigger engines.

3. Again not understanding how shells work. Even HE shells go through bushes. A company must change their entire preset mechanic to appease a 40%er.

4. Lets have another 40 buttons on a phone screen. If only there was a function that allows you to tell your teammates who to shoot at. Also I can guarantee that you don’t even know what your minimap is used for.

5. That is the entire point of the game mode that there is no such thing as camo and spotting. Thus you can’t reward spotting because it runs off a different criteria and metric.

6. Lets make it more arcade style. 200 IQ power move.

7. It’s not like missiles can’t be shot straight into the air and then computer inside it will guide it to the target. You want “realism”.

8. Aiming missiles is difficult enough. It is not realistic to add “jitter” because I have seen what good TOW operators can do and those still go where they are aimed.

9. Small maps definitely have the room for this. 

10. Still doesn’t do thing you set out to fix. Can still pull up even to a hill and still shoot missiles from hard cover. And a good amount of people hate fpp. Also it’s not realistic as most commanders would bunker down in their hatches so your fov is just a thin slit.

11. Have multiple game modes compete with each other so the regular game mode will have longer queue times which really makes people want to play more if they have to wait longer.

Your “justification” is garbage. It is clearly developed to only support your view. Obviously, developed by a sub par player that has minimal if not an absence of knowledge about basic mechanics.

Edited by Morphman11, 10 February 2020 - 10:51 PM.

Zelinth #6 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18376 battles
  • [GIVI]

Hey Morphman, read your reply. I think you didn’t understand my point of view.

I think is is more of a misunderstanding than a straight up argument. Cause all of these features should only be changed for the realistic battles and not the arcade ones. So I ask you to not approach this reply with a debate with , mind but clearly see and ask if again you don’t agree with something.

Let me reply to you point wise.

1. First off I can play perfectly well without auto aim and many times I do. I am sure people can pick up the skill and use them well. 

2. Tanks usually hit the same place on the first shot. I get it the it isn’t pin point accuracy but yes to a large degree the first shot of a stationary tank does not have the amounts of dispersion that WG have put into the game, it is quite less than that, also talking bout your rifling and cartridge and engine causing slight differences, I specifically wrote “nearly” and not exactly. Zero dispersion is a no-no and also while moving and rotating the turret the dispersion will still be there, just that while the tank is stationary the gun should be able to aim down to a smaller dispersion than normal (90% less than the normal values maybe).

3. You clearly misunderstood me cause I didn’t clarify myself, sorry for the mistake but I didn’t mean bushes in the map. I mean bushes that you put on the tank for camouflage, specifically to hide cupolas or weak spots or parts of the tanks that are obvious. The bushes will get destroyed if the HE shell impacts the armor that the bush above.

4. On the minimap in Realistic Battles none of the enemy tanks are shown, therefore the minimap is useless. I think you thought I meant this for all modes of battle, it isn’t. It was only for Realistic Battles. And therefore I am proposing a way to make the minimap useful. I’ll discuss the other points once you have read this so that we are on the same page.

5. “Spotting” was the wrong word to use so I apologize. I meant spotting as in a teammate “reporting” the position of the tank. Also you said about 40 buttons. You actually don’t have to add even one button! This can be applied to the quick message that says “Attack [model of the tank] and [name of the user]”. You know the button that changes from “Attack” when you aim at a tank (the one with a sword and a circle)? And yes without auto aim it is difficult to use but that can be solved with a small UI change.

6. Radio intercepting was actually a real thing and is done even now. In fact it was used many times in war to figure out the position is a tank. How you ask? It’s simple. You have been reported by a tank and you intercept the radio message by scanning the frequencies. And when the tank reports its position, it reports it as a radial and a distance. For example “Six o’clock and 350 meters. Facing due north. N045030 E045000”. So well in return what do you do? You take out your map and find that point and then draw a line of 350 meters down south and 350 meters. And thus you know where you are relative to the tank and you know where the spotting tank is. Tbh, radio operators in a tank have this as a job also, but since they aren’t doing it all the time and are not always able to get the full message, a chance of 5% would be the chance of success and of interception. AGAIN THIS IS ONY FOR REALISTIC BATTLES. 

7. I think you should see my picture again. It isn’t the computer, the missile will go where the gun is pointing and not where the in game camera is looking. Also WT uses this as a mechanic, and it is real.

8. Operators might be good but the slight inaccuracies should be there. It isn’t a pin point. Maybe like 5 feet off should be the maximum and a the crew get better it should reduce or whatever. Cause the missiles don’t go exactly where the operators want it to go, they have to adjust for it manually, and so will the players. And yes I know it is difficult to aim missiles, after all I play them.

9. Yes they do. In fact remember the Halloween event where respawns were there? 3 lives? It worked well and everybody loved it. Extra credits and exp and also that you can get revenge on the one who killed you.

10. Well you gotta just deal with FPP. In fact WT has this, and no your FOV isn’t a thin slit. I mean realistic not exactly real. The POV on the cupola will not allow missilers to hit from behind cover as the camera won’t be able to see the target at all. It does solve the problem. Wanna try it? Next time play missile by only using the sniper cam, trust me you won’t even hit a single target unless you yourself poke out so that your camera can see the enemy tank.

11. Tbh if people like realistic more than arcade so be it. It is what players want and also arcade que times aren’t long at all. I get in a battle almost every time within 5 secs. And I have been playing WoT B for more than five years. Also during the realistic event the arcade mm didn’t suffer significantly, only a little bit and even then I was getting into a battle with it 10 secs.

As for you saying I am sub-par. I have nothing against that, I may be a subpar player but I have been playing this game for at least 5 years, I have seen it go from only 3 lines per tech tree (when there was only 3 countries). Maybe you also are an OG player of WOTB, but that doesn’t mean you rant off someone, instead you should explain it with an intention of helping and not putting down someone as stupid. I may very well be subpar but you don’t have to rant about it. Also I am not a 40%er. I am a more average 50%.

again I hope this clarifies it. THANKS!

ALSO ALL OF THESE ARE ONLYY MEAN FOR REALISTIC BATTLES

And yes, WG should capture the dearth of a WT alike mobile game and turn it into a business opportunity. So yeah kinda like WT with health bars!!

Zelinth #7 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18376 battles
  • [GIVI]

View PostMajor_Sweatpants, on 10 February 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

soooooo... WT with a health system??

yes! Well kinda. WG should seize the opportunity and make a mode like WT. it would make a lot of money.

Edited by Zelinth, 11 February 2020 - 12:59 PM.

Zelinth #8 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18376 battles
  • [GIVI]

View PostNotYourAverageToddler, on 10 February 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

:popcorn:

lols. You enjoying buddy? What are your views on it tho? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users