My frustrations

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

_Weeping_Angel_ #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:13 PM

Don’t Blink

• Players
  • 59481 battles
  • [501DV]

I have been around this game for over 5 years now.  I have been through most of the drastic changes that have taken place in this game and still play it.  I finally decided at the beginning of the year to back off playing so much.  In that time, I have also really contemplated why I love this game so much yet get so so so angry while playing it. Yet somehow I come back the next day to do it all over again.  I needed to back off because I am not an angry person in real life yet I find myself angry at complete strangers in this game.  I am probably known for venting in game when my teammates fail to do much (and I don't like that about myself).  I apologize to everyone who I have ripped into while playing.  Unfortunately, some of them have even been forum members.  Why?  Why do I get so angry. 

I love this game.  It is so simple.  14 tanks. 7 minutes.  Go.  That is really all there is to it.  So simple.

My problem started when I was getting done grinding the tanks I wanted to have.  When the game was new, every game was fun.  I earned XP and credits that got me closer to the next tank.  YES!  Unfortunately, eventually those credits and XP become less and less important as you grind more and more tanks.  You now need to find the reason to keep playing somewhere other than tank grinding.  This is when I lost my joy.

When your focus is all about you and your stats, there is really only 4 logical outcomes of any given game.  You win or lose.  You played well statistically or you did not.  That is it.

Lose and played poorly

Early on, this was forgivable as I was just learning.  W/L did not matter.  Playing and learning was key.  Now this type of game just irks me to no end.  I didn't live up to my expectations.  What did I do wrong?  What on earth was the rest of my crappy team doing?  Unreal!  What a crappy game.  Why bother even playing with teams like this.  You get the idea.

Lose and play well.

Early on, this a was a good game.  I played well. I am figuring things out.  Now this type of game gets me frustrated.  I worked my butt off and not 1 of the 6 other players can help me out?  Unreal.  Teams suck.  Stupid MM, give 1 other decent player.  We all hate these games.  Of course, if the rest of the team was amazing, then there would not have been enough time for you to get those big numbers. 

Win and played poorly

Early on, this was still a fun game.  I get more XP to get that next tank.  Yes!  More credits for the grind.  Now, this type of game is frustrating.  Why didn't I do better?  Where did I go wrong?  I didn't contribute much so it was kind of a waste of time.  Now my next game has to be great one to make up for this poor performance.

Win and played well.

Early on, this was an amazing feeling.  You win so you earn more credits and XP.  You contributed to the win, even better.  Now this is the only type of game that actually brings me joy.  I played up to my expectations and it payed off in a W.

So early on in this game, 75% of games made me feel like I was doing something and made me happy.  Now I am down to around 25%.  Playing a game that only makes you happy 25% of the time is tough.  When I was playing 25-45 games a day, I was able to power through rough MM days and still get games that made me happy.  Now that I have slowed down.  Ugh.  There can be 3 or 4 days in a row when I don't feel like I did anything right.

Anyone else who has been around for a long time noticed this about their own game experience?

Edited by _Weeping_Angel_, 13 February 2020 - 07:07 PM.

boris55555 #2 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:54 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 30445 battles
  • [MINC]
Thank you for sharing

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

dport02 #3 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33748 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Ya I apologize to everyone I’ve raged at also
RNG is rigged !

_Cletus #4 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31261 battles
  • [III-C]
I agree with most of what you said.  While I look at my WR to see if I'm sucking or not, as I'm playing I tend to be pleased with a well played game, win or lose.  Although I'm kind of past grinding for tanks, I've been getting a bunch of premiums, it's been good fun keeping me going.  You have a lot more games and I think you've been at it longer, but I have also been here through the change to =/- 1, spare parts, low tier nerf, none of it has really fazed me until this missile mess.  Now I'm not playing much Blitz, I'm exploring other games, I imagine if there are no significant changes for the better soon I'm going to fade away from Blitz.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

_Cletus #5 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:31 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31261 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postdport02, on 13 February 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:

Ya I apologize to everyone I’ve raged at also

I'd like to apologize for an abundance of dad jokes.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

superfly29erguy_1 #6 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:49 PM

Just here for eye candy

• Players
  • 26033 battles
  • [CRU2L]

I find myself not getting angry but just that look when you do something really stupid and your wife looks at you...well like you just did something stupid. My frustrations are geared towards not just bad players, but bad players playing bad just to disrupt the game...and they let you know it almost immediately by their actions or through chat. It seems when this happens 2-3 other players find it funny and proceed to do the same. 

My goal in this game is not to be the best, which goes against my competitive nature, but rather be a teammate that is reliable and contributes-which I feel I have done. I really feel many times more often then not, I cant seem to get to the next level regardless of how well I play due to the lack of ANY team effort. 

I certainly dont play as much as I used to. Being a part of CRUEL now has helped me to a least at the bare minimum enjoy the game playing in a toon or even playing a few tourney games here and there. Unlike Cletus, I will not apologize for any stupidity or bad jokes.

Edited by superfly29erguy_1, 13 February 2020 - 07:51 PM.

boppinbobby #7 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61218 battles
  • [HJG2]

I'm almost the opposite of Cletus in that the missile tanks rejuvenated my love for the game although i do agree that they have some parts that are op and need addressing. The recent surge in steamrollering teams has dented that enjoyment as you can't carry and there is no teamwork in that style of play. it's not that lights are ruining the game IMO it's that they are highlighting how bad the playerbase is at playing the style of tank they are driving, proving that the only big wins these days seem to be a 7 man steamroller. Against a team of flanking heavies and yolo meds who don't support each other. 

a proper team (or at least enough to make a difference) makes for a satisfying game. currently 1 in 20 are like that. 

As Fugit said on his video this morning, the light argument is akin to the recent Brexit debacle where there are 2 sides and not many in the middle who will compromise. 

this appears to be what this race is morphing to if you look at social media and I as an oldy am not a fan. 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

GentleNova #8 Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29140 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 13 February 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

Why do I get so angry.

Well, it is one of the best multiplayer mobiles games with no teamwork. So there’s that. 

I mean I come from a background of playing multiplayer games with hardcore teamwork involved, such as WoW, Counter-Strike, and even Team Fortress 2. The average player in pickup games in TF2 (at least on the servers I played) were light years more skilled and competent than the average person in this game. So for someone who loves teamwork and thrives off it, it’s kind of sad when your high for the game is one or two people on your team who at least try to work together. 

All that said though, if you want to continue to play the game, you have to get used to it, accept it, and adapt. This is the new reality. 

I just have the Twenty One Pilots "Ride" song on loop in the background whenever I play now, helps me get use to my falling win rate. 

“I’m falling so I’m taking my time on my ride” :bajan:

Edited by GentleNova, 13 February 2020 - 11:30 PM.

jahawa #9 Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19459 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I do get frustrated at the game and have not played as much the last 3 months. Mainly, because, instead of improving, I've been regressing. It seems as soon as get a good streak going, the game changes and I fail to adapt.

But it is still a dynamic game, that you can't find any where else. The challenge is always there, and I can't seem to back off of the challenge to improve. I enjoy the community and the friends I have made, and probably more than anything, that is what keeps me coming back...

Holy_Outlaw #10 Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33150 battles
  • [501DV]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 13 February 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

I have been around this game for over 5 years now.  I have been through most of the drastic changes that have taken place in this game and still play it.  I finally decided at the beginning of the year to back off playing so much.  In that time, I have also really contemplated why I love this game so much yet get so so so angry while playing it. Yet somehow I come back the next day to do it all over again.  I needed to back off because I am not an angry person in real life yet I find myself angry at complete strangers in this game.  I am probably known for venting in game when my teammates fail to do much (and I don't like that about myself).  I apologize to everyone who I have ripped into while playing.  Unfortunately, some of them have even been forum members.  Why?  Why do I get so angry. 

I love this game.  It is so simple.  14 tanks. 7 minutes.  Go.  That is really all there is to it.  So simple.

My problem started when I was getting done grinding the tanks I wanted to have.  When the game was new, every game was fun.  I earned XP and credits that got me closer to the next tank.  YES!  Unfortunately, eventually those credits and XP become less and less important as you grind more and more tanks.  You now need to find the reason to keep playing somewhere other than tank grinding.  This is when I lost my joy.

When your focus is all about you and your stats, there is really only 4 logical outcomes of any given game.  You win or lose.  You played well statistically or you did not.  That is it.

Lose and played poorly

Early on, this was forgivable as I was just learning.  W/L did not matter.  Playing and learning was key.  Now this type of game just irks me to no end.  I didn't live up to my expectations.  What did I do wrong?  What on earth was the rest of my crappy team doing?  Unreal!  What a crappy game.  Why bother even playing with teams like this.  You get the idea.

Lose and play well.

Early on, this a was a good game.  I played well. I am figuring things out.  Now this type of game gets me frustrated.  I worked my butt off and not 1 of the 6 other players can help me out?  Unreal.  Teams suck.  Stupid MM, give 1 other decent player.  We all hate these games.  Of course, if the rest of the team was amazing, then there would not have been enough time for you to get those big numbers. 

Win and played poorly

Early on, this was still a fun game.  I get more XP to get that next tank.  Yes!  More credits for the grind.  Now, this type of game is frustrating.  Why didn't I do better?  Where did I go wrong?  I didn't contribute much so it was kind of a waste of time.  Now my next game has to be great one to make up for this poor performance.

Win and played well.

Early on, this was an amazing feeling.  You win so you earn more credits and XP.  You contributed to the win, even better.  Now this is the only type of game that actually brings me joy.  I played up to my expectations and it payed off in a W.

So early on in this game, 75% of games made me feel like I was doing something and made me happy.  Now I am down to around 25%.  Playing a game that only makes you happy 25% of the time is tough.  When I was playing 25-45 games a day, I was able to power through rough MM days and still get games that made me happy.  Now that I have slowed down.  Ugh.  There can be 3 or 4 days in a row when I don't feel like I did anything right.

Anyone else who has been around for a long time noticed this about their own game experience?

I totally understand how you feel. For me I think its because I or we come into this game with no expectations. But we get drawn in, caught up in the competitive aspects of the game, which is damn fun, exciting and all that. Our expectations rise greatly for what we want to achieve. For some of us, its rising to other's levels, for a lot of us its about our own personal levels, goals. It's a hard balance to achieve, still be ultra competitive, enjoy the fierce competition and not get too damn mad when the teams are incoherent. It's not easy. In ranked battles it's this way. You can have a string of amazing battles, so well played and close even if you lose you realize you did all you could. Of course an overpowering performance is what we all strive for. But those strings of games, no matter what we seem to do, it doesn't matter. Those are SO tough!! Sometimes the level of incoherent play in ranked just boggles the mind, " how they are that bad, and why are they in ranked??" The highs can be oh so high, the lows so low. For me if I know I am learning and still improving, that's what keeps me in it. As some said, its a very dynamic game. It seems last realistic battles I played, people are getting more used to it, better at it. And I enjoyed it more than last time. I got a ton of bounces from people yoloing me, and not having hit skins to rely on. 

Bellatormonk #11 Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:23 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 31381 battles
  • [MASHU]
Thanks for the video and song.  I dig it...most useful post in a few months.  

rosgrim #12 Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 94523 battles
  • [COD]

As you can see I play this game a lot.

I'm an adult with a very demanding and stressful job.

My only Media entertainment is this game because I don't watch TV (I never did) and I use WOTB to relax playing it after work and after dinner.

It is a kind of strange getting relaxed with this game but it is what it is.

There are good days and bad days.

After all I'm now a decent player and in average I'm still getting fun. The day I won't, I will stop playing for ever.

I'm still  improving constantly, I get upset, I get happy depending on the day. Even the worse day doesn't give me frustration.

What gives me frustration ?

It is meeting players in high tiers that doesn't have adequate skills.

I don't mean good players. I mean just average - that is 48% with DMG above 1000 - or even below the average but with a basic idea about the game.

Why ? because I don't like to win 7-0, I don't like to kill 30% players just waiting. to be killed.

It is not fun.

Now considering I was a 47% and that I went through all the tech lines all the changes etc etc

considering also:

- this game for me it is just a game (I really have more important stuff in my life),

- due my age I'm not particularly able with manually stuff related to games and my reflex are....you know....the reflex of a middle age man,

- I'm neither an English mother tongue person. 

- most of the time I play while I'm very tired  

- I don't consider myself a genius or a super brain man

All these mean that it is possible to get at the least a basic idea about how to play tier 7-10 (supposing you get skills from tier 1 to 6).

The fact is that I dunno if WOTB ( not getting into details, 5.5, training, demo or any other system.....I'm not a game designer so...) or a special&casual concentration of stupid people (in this case the destiny of this game is going to be sad) are representing the real issue here.

The results is that now (lets say the last 6 months ?) for the 1st time I'm noticing a real problem....too many 35%-45% too many steamroll battles.....

I remember vividly when I was still a nub playing tier 10 and feeling inadequate. I stopped immediately after few battles. 

How is possible that an average intelligent person can keep playing higher tiers being such a poor player ?

Just tonight I saw not 1 or 2 but severals 35-39% with DMG below 500 playing tier 10......

I'm not whining (also because one should say I love nubs because it will be easier to win, improve WR etc etc etc but again enough is enough and not funny), I'm just realizing that before it was not like that so something different was possible before and it could be possible now and in the future.

Gavidoc01 #13 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48321 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 13 February 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

Lose and played poorly

Lose and play well.

Win and played poorly

Win and played well.

been here since almost the beginning and never took a break for longer then 1-2 weeks and that was due to vacations or work travel. 

has the game lost the appeal it used to for me? No it hasn’t. I realized long ago (as in 2015) I needed to set goals to keep the game interesting for me. They were the following:

1. play every tank to at least 100 battles
  2. ace every tank
  3. get every tank to 55%
  4. get my wr to 55%

eventually I accomplished #4 so I changed #3 and #4 to 60%. 

When I look at your list and compare to my goals, what I realize is that every type of battle can be applied to one or more of my goals. 

Lose and Play Poorly: #1

Lose and Play Well: #1 and possibly #2

Win and Play Poorly: #1, 3, 4

Win and Ply Well: 1,3,4 and possibly 2

i guess what I’m saying is to maintain enjoyment it’s important to set personal goals that can be achieved within the confines of the game’s outcomes. If your goals are based on the game’s outcomes it can eventually lead to dissatisfaction which you are experiencing. 

Have I experienced frustration? Absolutely. Nothing more frustrating than getting a tank within one battle of 60% just to go on a losing streak. Playing low tiers now is a lesson in self inflicted punishment now with what they did to low tiers but overall with my personal goals it makes the game enjoyable for me no matter what. 

The big thing though is by focusing on my goals vs stats, the benefit was my stats improved. Am I happy with them? Sure but I don’t get upset when I go on a 5 game losing streak either because I’m still accomplishing one of my goals. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Alopex__ #14 Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]
I force myself to play less. Try to limit games a day. I have many hobbies, drawing, cars, weight lifting, wife smooching. I spent more time last week under the barbell than at the controls. I play better when I play less and I enjoy it more when I play. I spent more time sketching Cletus ripped torso and Judy's booty one week than playing.

9_V0LT #15 Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:19 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10610 battles
  • [OGRE]

When I become frustrated or bored with Blitz, I play PUBG. 

When I become frustrated or bored with PUBG , I play Blitz. 
When I become frustrated or bored with both Blitz and PUBG, I play golf. 
when I become frustrated or bored playing golf........LoL, who am I kidding, I never get bored with golf. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

_Crusader6_ #16 Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68597 battles
  • [DEF]

I hate Golf. 
  Years ago seeing gold courses on Mil bases and some units forced onto 25m ranges has given me an innate hatred of golf...

Like Gav I set goals - after grinding all lines you need other goals to keep the drive up.  

As for what happens in game. I play my best and then channel this.  

Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

acrisis #17 Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20994 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 14 February 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

i

One can never have enough Phil Collins ...

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

_Cletus #18 Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31261 battles
  • [III-C]
For a bald english drummer, Phil is a freaking stud!  

Holy_Outlaw #19 Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33150 battles
  • [501DV]

View Post_Cletus, on 14 February 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

For a bald english drummer, Phil is a freaking stud!  

:teethhappy:

Holy_Outlaw #20 Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33150 battles
  • [501DV]
Some great insight guys, I appreciate it. I agree you have to be personal goal oriented to keep the fire and enjoyment going in this game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users