Jump to content


This might be the end for me.


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

King__David #1 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47161 battles
  • 313
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

[ moved to Device Talk ]

 

My iPhone 6 Plus I think might be getting too old to keep up with the graphics. I literally have everything on the absolute lowest it will go....even lowered the resolution. I've had the phone for over 5 years now (got it new when it came out) and had the settings maxed out back then. Over the years as my phone got older I simply had to just lower the graphics to minimize lag if there was any (this almost always fixed it). I've been lagging now for 3 days in a row and I just hope its not my phone.... 



_Zakalwe_ #2 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25089 battles
  • 991
  • [AGILE]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016
Check your battery health in settings. I think Apple still throttles down the phone when your battery gets old, but you can disable it now.

King__David #3 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47161 battles
  • 313
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostHugGigolo, on 14 February 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

Check your battery health in settings. I think Apple still throttles down the phone when your battery gets old, but you can disable it now.

I should mention I replaced the battery about a year ago and its fine.



originalmadkilla #4 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16290 battles
  • 4,023
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

It sounds like it might be the end for your phone, not for you.:playing:

 

If your phone has served you well for over 5 years, then thats a lot longer than many other people keep their phones for. 

 

Time to get a new one Id say.:justwait:
 

 



GentleNova #5 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28515 battles
  • 1,478
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostKing__David, on 14 February 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

My iPhone 6 Plus I think might be getting too old to keep up with the graphics. I literally have everything on the absolute lowest it will go....even lowered the resolution. I've had the phone for over 5 years now (got it new when it came out) and had the settings maxed out back then. Over the years as my phone got older I simply had to just lower the graphics to minimize lag if there was any (this almost always fixed it). I've been lagging now for 3 days in a row and I just hope its not my phone.... 


If you're on iOS 13, it still has issues which could be contributing to your problems and affecting the game. That said, you should have experienced this last year when 13.0 was released and more specifically with update 13.2. If you haven't had any issues until the last few days, it sounds like something else.

 

I'm on a iPad 6th gen. Everything was fine with iOS 12. When iOS 13 came up and subsequent updates, I started noticing "sluggishness" within the game, particularly when starting up and switching to different areas within the garage. Also experienced the game crashing just after starting it up. To resolve this, I had to reboot my iPad before playing the game. This has been resolved now with the last iOS update.

 

My overall game performance though, once I'm in a battle, has been fairly decent though, with everything almost maxed.


 

acrisis #6 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:04 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20703 battles
  • 11,996
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

Time to look for a new 8 or 8+ maybe ... 

If budget for brand new is an issue, keep an eye on the Apple Refurb store. 


 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

 [ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

 


King__David #7 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47161 battles
  • 313
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostGentleNova, on 14 February 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:


If you're on iOS 13, it still has issues which could be contributing to your problems and affecting the game. That said, you should have experienced this last year when 13.0 was released and more specifically with update 13.2. If you haven't had any issues until the last few days, it sounds like something else.

 

I'm on a iPad 6th gen. Everything was fine with iOS 12. When iOS 13 came up and subsequent updates, I started noticing "sluggishness" within the game, particularly when starting up and switching to different areas within the garage. Also experienced the game crashing just after starting it up. To resolve this, I had to reboot my iPad before playing the game. This has been resolved now with the last iOS update.

 

My overall game performance though, once I'm in a battle, has been fairly decent though, with everything almost maxed.

Only iOS 12 is supported on my phone 



King__David #8 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47161 battles
  • 313
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 14 February 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

It sounds like it might be the end for your phone, not for you.:playing:

 

If your phone has served you well for over 5 years, then thats a lot longer than many other people keep their phones for. 

 

Time to get a new one Id say.:justwait:
 

 

The phone has served me very well.....and it not broken in any way. Fun fact I've never broken the screen....It still has the original glass on it.  



_Cletus #9 Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:46 AM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27875 battles
  • 6,464
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
Get an Android, leave the problems behind.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

King__David #10 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47161 battles
  • 313
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 15 February 2020 - 02:46 AM, said:

Get an Android, leave the problems behind.

I was thinking about it.......just worried about how Android ages. (not well from what I've heard). I think I'm honestly going to go down with my phone.  



originalmadkilla #11 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:37 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16290 battles
  • 4,023
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View Post_Cletus, on 14 February 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Get an Android, leave the problems behind.

 

I disagree. He had his iPhone for more than 5 years and it's still able to be updated to the latest and greatest OS.:playing:

 

Ask people with 5 year old Android phones how they are doing, and if their phone is still functioning fine and is able to be updated to the latest OS and is still supported by the manufacturer? iPhones have on average a far longer life span than Android phones. There are numerous articles that can be found that talk about this.

 

The fact is that Apple's custom CPU crushes the generic, weak chips that Android uses. Apple is so far ahead it's not even funny.

 

Also, iOS has better games, and let's not even mention security and stuff like that.:justwait:


Edited by originalmadkilla, 15 February 2020 - 04:05 AM.


originalmadkilla #12 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:41 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16290 battles
  • 4,023
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View Postacrisis, on 14 February 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

Time to look for a new 8 or 8+ maybe ... 

If budget for brand new is an issue, keep an eye on the Apple Refurb store. 

 

Still a rumor, but this is a very solid rumor.:playing:

 

Soon, perhaps next month in March already, Apple is releasing an SE2.

 

It will be pretty powerful, because it'll be using one of the newer chips.

 

It will be a budget phone, supposedly around $399.00, but the performance will not be budget. 

 

It's also rumored to have entered or to be entering production already, but that corona virus crap may delay things a little bit.

 

It will be built into an iPhone 8 body, but the inside will be far more powerful and up to date in a number of areas.:justwait:


Edited by originalmadkilla, 15 February 2020 - 03:42 AM.


HumanCoookie #13 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:57 AM

    Milk Before Cereal

  • Players
  • 18924 battles
  • 1,012
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2016

If you want longevity stick with Apple. They support their devices for up to 5 years. For reference, Google canceled support for their Nexus line in less than 2 years and Samsung ditched their tabs altogether. 

 

The new iPhone SE2 is going to be around 400 dollars but for a real deal wait until September when they release the new phones (maybe even after Sept due to the Coronavirus) because most preexisting iPhones have significant markdowns in price and for an even better deal wait until Nov for black friday this year or other post-Sept sales.


Suggestions Thread for game improvement (now on Google Docs)

HNTS 101 [Normal Edition] (Due to be on Google Docs)

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

also i lerned to hyperlink yay


Gavidoc01 #14 Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:34 AM

    Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

  • Players
  • 46468 battles
  • 3,966
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014
the 6 has served you well. Time to get a newer one. 8’s do fine and are not expensive. 

My Blitzstars

 

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 


GentleNova #15 Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:48 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28515 battles
  • 1,478
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostKing__David, on 14 February 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Only iOS 12 is supported on my phone 


Oh sorry. I thought iPhone 6 was supported for iOS 13 but ya, it appears it’s just iPhone 6s.


 

Fat_Turd #16 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:12 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12195 battles
  • 1,002
  • [LMFA0]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016
I have a 6 plus and it still works as well as it did the day I got it. You are either almost out of storage or you didn't stop updating it like I did. The newer updates just make older phones run like garbage. I'm still running 11.1.1

Edited by player_989998999899, 15 February 2020 - 06:18 AM.


originalmadkilla #17 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:21 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16290 battles
  • 4,023
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View PostGentleNova, on 15 February 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:


Oh sorry. I thought iPhone 6 was supported for iOS 13 but ya, it appears it’s just iPhone 6s.

 

I actually read his post wrong. I thought he had a 6s not a 6.:playing:

 

If he has a 6, then it's too old and it's the end of the line for that phone. There's not much more to say than that. The 6 came out in sept 2014.:justwait:


Edited by originalmadkilla, 15 February 2020 - 06:22 AM.


King__David #18 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47161 battles
  • 313
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015
sigh....in time I will see if it's my phone or something else. 

_ImUrHuckleberry #19 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:43 AM

    I have two guns, one for each of you

  • Players
  • 15062 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    08-07-2016
This might be the end of you not getting a gig. Unless you're in Uzbekistan getting paid pennies on the dollar, a decently refurbished phone will set you back a few hours of work at a burger joint (assuming you're a youngin). Shoot, i recycled cans growing up for the newer Nintendo games when my parents (wisely) decided not to acquiesce to my every "request". You'll be okay; get creative.

Si1verBlood #20 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 16839 battles
  • 1,046
  • [MORTM]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015
Time to switch to android.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users