Jump to content


Post Nerf ATGMs — Do I Want Them?

ATGM

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

richdubz #1 Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:33 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19338 battles
  • 894
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

Howdy, with the upcoming nerfs to the two ATGM tanks, I’m wondering if the forum community has any thoughts on whether or not they’re still worth driving.  Thanks to a timely -25% certificate in a box, I was able to end my T49 grind a little early, but should I still want the tank?


The pen has been reduced (though it still seems pretty good) and the HEAT round took a big hit in damage.  For me, when playing against them, I worried more about the gun than the missiles.  But, the missiles look like fun, even though I’d be driving mostly via desktop and unable to use the auto-aim cheat I see guys using.  I’m not the best lightweight tanker, so it won’t kill me to pass on them, but the T49 is a blast and I don’t want to miss out on a fun tank.
 

So, will they still be fun?


 


_Cletus #2 Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:41 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 29221 battles
  • 7,122
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
I think it will still be fun.  They are nerfing the armor, but it wasn't bouncing shells because of thick armor, it was bouncing shells because of awkward angles.  They are nerfing the pen on the missiles, which won't make a difference since the missiles tend to come down on tanks.  The missile damage is getting nerfed, but it's still a lot.  But yeah, the missiles are mainly good for taking out heavies and TD's trying go hulldown or whatever, you'll get more damage out of the regular shells, and that stuff will still be overpowered.  It'll still be a ridiculously OP tank, it's still a "get it while the getting's good" situation, IMO.

 

LautyWX #3 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28516 battles
  • 434
  • [KRONO]
  • Member since:
    10-22-2016

View Postrichdubz, on 18 February 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Howdy, with the upcoming nerfs to the two ATGM tanks, I’m wondering if the forum community has any thoughts on whether or not they’re still worth driving.  Thanks to a timely -25% certificate in a box, I was able to end my T49 grind a little early, but should I still want the tank?


The pen has been reduced (though it still seems pretty good) and the HEAT round took a big hit in damage.  For me, when playing against them, I worried more about the gun than the missiles.  But, the missiles look like fun, even though I’d be driving mostly via desktop and unable to use the auto-aim cheat I see guys using.  I’m not the best lightweight tanker, so it won’t kill me to pass on them, but the T49 is a blast and I don’t want to miss out on a fun tank.
 

So, will they still be fun?

any kind of indirect fire is unfair and its worth playing.

 

and what kind of autoaim cheat are you talking about?


making a signature.....

jkwon126 #4 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43093 battles
  • 1,834
  • [HUCK]
  • Member since:
    05-12-2016

View Postrichdubz, on 18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

Howdy, with the upcoming nerfs to the two ATGM tanks, I’m wondering if the forum community has any thoughts on whether or not they’re still worth driving.  Thanks to a timely -25% certificate in a box, I was able to end my T49 grind a little early, but should I still want the tank?


The pen has been reduced (though it still seems pretty good) and the HEAT round took a big hit in damage.  For me, when playing against them, I worried more about the gun than the missiles.  But, the missiles look like fun, even though I’d be driving mostly via desktop and unable to use the auto-aim cheat I see guys using.  I’m not the best lightweight tanker, so it won’t kill me to pass on them, but the T49 is a blast and I don’t want to miss out on a fun tank.
 

So, will they still be fun?

 

Hell yes you want them.


 

 

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV


twirlingtowardsfreedom #5 Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34040 battles
  • 590
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014
I think you'll want them, still a rare tank class for those tiers. And you may be at an advantage coming in after the nerf. It'll take me a bit to stop snapshotting the front of red tanks or relying on the odd bounce in the tier 9. Neither are good habits to grow in a light.

richdubz #6 Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:44 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19338 battles
  • 894
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PostLautyWX, on 18 February 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

any kind of indirect fire is unfair and its worth playing.

 

and what kind of autoaim cheat are you talking about?


I’m talking about the ability while playing in mobile to lock on to the target then fire and forget.  Essentially, your tank is behind a rock in Pittsburgh, the red tank is hiding behind a wall in Montreal, so you lock on in Auto-aim, point your gun towards Chicago and pull the trigger so that the missile flies a lovely arch over the Great Lakes before coming in from the side and plummeting down on the not so safe target.  If I understand it correctly, it’s pretty much the main complaint I’ve seen about the missiles in any of the YouTube vids I’ve seen.  Like I said, I worry more about the gun than the missiles when they’re on red.


 


9_V0LT #7 Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:59 AM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10480 battles
  • 2,999
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

I just read the update notes:

".... Commanders can still rely on speed and maneuverability, striking opponents from the flanks, dealing a significant amount of damage per shot, and firing from behind cover using ATGMs when necessary".

 

That tells me they aren't removing the ability to shoot missiles from behind objects. 

 

wth?


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


_Cletus #8 Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:42 AM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 29221 battles
  • 7,122
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post9_V0LT, on 18 February 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

I just read the update notes:

".... Commanders can still rely on speed and maneuverability, striking opponents from the flanks, dealing a significant amount of damage per shot, and firing from behind cover using ATGMs when necessary".

 

That tells me they aren't removing the ability to shoot missiles from behind objects. 

 

wth?

 

They are not.  The point of the missiles is to shoot from behind cover.  They don't even consider using the look around bar trick an exploit.  

 

Hull down tactics are like Ronnie on tax day, a broke mechanic.


Edited by _Cletus, 19 February 2020 - 05:44 AM.

 

rosgrim #9 Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 91845 battles
  • 488
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

in theory the gun nerf should be not so relevant. we will see in battle

More relevant is the armor nerf of t92.

But also in that case I'm waiting to see the real effect.

In fact the point is not only the armor mm but also the shape that seems to be "auto-bouncing".

In any case the tanks - if well used, that is like a light tank (as it should be) - they will be still fun and good.

 

Due the spaced armor, they are going to be still mostly "immune" to HE (that by the way for a light tank is absurd) 

 



dport02 #10 Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33302 battles
  • 1,804
  • [-FE4R]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
ATGMs remind of a Larry David act.
“Can I stop them?” Yes
“Should I stop them?” Ehhh yes
“Will I stop them?” Ehhhh no
RNG is rigged !

PeteGee45 #11 Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39187 battles
  • 474
  • [OLDS]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2017

Can we really consider these as having been nerfed? Reduced slightly, yes. Nerfed? Not really. 

 

Nope, this was a big FU from WG. Wait until update 7 where the ATGMs are going nuclear. You’ll be able to fire a missile from Copperfield and hit that  E100 on Himmelsdorf and take out half of Falls Creek with it. 
 

Sorry, I got a little off topic. Yes you still want them. The ‘nerfed’ ATGMs are still ridiculously OP and still ruin tiers 8-10. 

 


Edited by PeteGee45, 19 February 2020 - 12:46 PM.


richdubz #12 Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19338 battles
  • 894
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016
Thanks for the feedback.  I didn’t mention the armor nerf because it’s meaningless due to the shape and spaced armor on the sides.  I don’t know of missiles will be as fun from a desktop platform, but I guess I’ll be shelling out the credits for one.  Looks like there’s a -6% off sale right now (I’ve been waiting months for a real sale on tier IX & X) so no time like the present.

 


ZebraUp #13 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 29351 battles
  • 2,113
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
Guys in my clan are saying they're still OP af..

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!


wannabeunicum #14 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41109 battles
  • 5,738
  • [-MM]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015
No I don't really consider the nerfed tanks ridiciously OP but its still broken(see 183 pre nerf)

_Cletus #15 Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:08 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 29221 battles
  • 7,122
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostPeteGee45, on 19 February 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

Can we really consider these as having been nerfed? Reduced slightly, yes. Nerfed? Not really. 

 

Nope, this was a big FU from WG. Wait until update 7 where the ATGMs are going nuclear. You’ll be able to fire a missile from Copperfield and hit that  E100 on Himmelsdorf and take out half of Falls Creek with it. 
 

Sorry, I got a little off topic. Yes you still want them. The ‘nerfed’ ATGMs are still ridiculously OP and still ruin tiers 8-10. 

 

 

Well said.


 

Death__Valley #16 Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:13 AM

    Purveyor of Dad Jokes

  • Players
  • 21944 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    12-31-2011

View Post_Cletus, on 18 February 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

View Post9_V0LT, on 18 February 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

I just read the update notes:

".... Commanders can still rely on speed and maneuverability, striking opponents from the flanks, dealing a significant amount of damage per shot, and firing from behind cover using ATGMs when necessary".

 

That tells me they aren't removing the ability to shoot missiles from behind objects. 

 

wth?

 

They are not.  The point of the missiles is to shoot from behind cover.  They don't even consider using the look around bar trick an exploit.  

 

Hull down tactics are like Ronnie on tax day, a broke mechanic.


I still reiterate that the Shillelaghs ATGM was line of sight infrared, so this is unrealistic, regardless of how WG wants to spin this

 

View PostPeteGee45, on 19 February 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

Can we really consider these as having been nerfed? Reduced slightly, yes. Nerfed? Not really. 

 

Nope, this was a big FU from WG. Wait until update 7 where the ATGMs are going nuclear. You’ll be able to fire a missile from Copperfield and hit that  E100 on Himmelsdorf and take out half of Falls Creek with it. 
 

Sorry, I got a little off topic. Yes you still want them. The ‘nerfed’ ATGMs are still ridiculously OP and still ruin tiers 8-10. 


Great point and likely very true 

 

View Post_Cletus, on 19 February 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostPeteGee45, on 19 February 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

Can we really consider these as having been nerfed? Reduced slightly, yes. Nerfed? Not really. 

 

Nope, this was a big FU from WG. Wait until update 7 where the ATGMs are going nuclear. You’ll be able to fire a missile from Copperfield and hit that  E100 on Himmelsdorf and take out half of Falls Creek with it. 
 

Sorry, I got a little off topic. Yes you still want them. The ‘nerfed’ ATGMs are still ridiculously OP and still ruin tiers 8-10. 

 

 

Well said.


Agreed.

 

Bottom line, I’m done... again. Not playing again, not while this ATGM is out there with broken mechanics.



Doilky #17 Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:30 AM

    (Doh-Key)

  • Players
  • 19596 battles
  • 608
  • [EXTRA]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017
I just played my T92.  Still seems OP to me.  And I didn't even shoot 1 missile. 

EricOtown #18 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:24 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11917 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    06-08-2019
Definitely still worth. Both still great tanks. Borderline OP in the right hands. 

richdubz #19 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19338 battles
  • 894
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016
So, like the idiot, I bought the tank, and the next morning I saw it was going on friggin sale.  Played three games—sucked AMAZINGLY hard in the first two, then I quit worrying about using the missiles and was finally able to contribute.  The gun is even more amazing than I’d thought it was.  F the missiles.

 


gordonchau #20 Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7642 battles
  • 561
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

the standard rounds for tier 9 is still too good imo, especially late game where you can often run around and reliably pen heavies and win alone. But yes it's fun


Edited by gordonchau, 21 February 2020 - 01:47 PM.

http://www.blitzstar.../1004189253.png

"60% players don't exist without 40% players"






Also tagged with ATGM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users