Defender(s) Or PT?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

_ImUrHuckleberry #1 Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:08 AM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 14834 battles
  • [-BA-]

So i finally get the chance at the IS-3 Defender and/or the 3 defenders for a relatively cheap price. But, I have another 20 or so PT certificates left and let's face it, PT is much more valuable then any premium tank out there (and i have a decent selection anyway).

But here's the rub, i only play a few games here and there before bedtime, so wouldn't that mean PT would be a colossal waste of money given my scarcity in the battlefield? Then again, the Blitz economy is way more accommodating since the equipment changes/ pramo nerfing. If only WG would sell PT certificates like they peddle all the boosters, they'd make decent profits.

I guess i could go for plan C: Save my money and be much more resourceful, like paying attention to those missions for freebie certificates. BTW are the Defenders fun to play? I have the Lowe, T34, and various other boring credit grinders, and i go numb from boredom after a while. I recently bought the Type 62, and i'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner. Credit grinding and having fun, win-win in my book.

Your thoughts, advise, or otherwise? 

Fat_Turd #2 Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12184 battles
  • [LMFA0]
Neither, waste of money.

EricOtown #3 Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11807 battles
  • [ROCKN]
I don’t understand why you have to choose between premium time certificates and buying a defender? The defenders are selling for gold and you said that you have about 20 premium time certificates? Why can’t you buy a defender with gold and use your PT certificates whenever you want to? The two things are mutually exclusive and unrelated to one another. 

j_rod #4 Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 25837 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostEricOtown, on 22 February 2020 - 05:09 AM, said:

I don’t understand why you have to choose between premium time certificates and buying a defender? The defenders are selling for gold and you said that you have about 20 premium time certificates? Why can’t you buy a defender with gold and use your PT certificates whenever you want to? The two things are mutually exclusive and unrelated to one another. 

He’s saying he’s almost out of certs so he’d have to use gold to extend the premium time.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Cletus #5 Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [HAHA]

IMO, and I do not own any of the defenders up for grabs, but I think they are overrated.  The is3 defender has been powercrept, the other one was never great, and the new one doesn't seem awesome, but it's new so I could be off on that one.  At any rate, their are a lot of really nice tier 8 premiums, I think you could do better.

I've never bought premium time.  I tend to play in one hour sessions, so if I'm grinding a tank or grinding for credits I'll pop an hour cert.  If I'm just messing around, playing without a specific goal as usual, I don't worry about of.

So, if I was you, two things: you'd instantly be way better looking, and I'd save your money for a better premium.  I'm a fan of the T34, wz-111-2, and the progetto 46 right now.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

dport02 #6 Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31320 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Is3 defender has been powercrept and t28 defender is meh. Idk about cent though
RNG is rigged !

__Crusader6__ #7 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:11 PM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63701 battles
  • [SURG3]

All the Defenders are better than their tech tree equivalent. 
  The IS-3 Defender was the first autoloader- it really hasn’t been powercrept as it’s still a very good tank - folks just got used to the autoloader on it.   Most players in game can count to 3 - (most).  It’s armor is still good, but WG fixes the hitskin - so the UFP accurately shows weak spots that and the stronger slots where it wasn’t properly displayed before.  
 The 28 D is a vastly improved 28 P, and can put out a fair amount of damage.  

The Mk1 Defender is a better Cent I.  It looses in terms of raw DPM, but is faster, and has the second best gun handling in tier 8 Meds - losing slightly to the Cent I.   Pen is fine for a med and doesn’t really need CS due to the relative accuracy.    Turret is solid - and of your team allows you cover on reload (and doesn’t watch reds push around cover to focus you) it’s a great tank.  

The current deal for all three is a great deal. If your looking for premium 8’s that are fairly competitive. 

Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  405/408 Aced
Missing Aces: FV 4005, Standard B, Pantera P44. 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Morphman11 #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Anyone who says that every Defender class is powercrept is either trash or doesn’t own the vehicles. The IS-3D isn’t bad vehicle, it’s just awkward to play an IS-3 with an auto-loader. T28 D is just a T28 P but more useful because the tech tree vehicle is too slow to utilize its gun. Mk I Defender, is the worst one in my non-humble opinion. Honestly, the regular Cent just feels 10x better.

Dark_Magician_Girl #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:38 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 40127 battles
  • [_STR8]

I would personally purchase premium time.  It is a quality of life improvement.  However, I also think premium time value is largely dependent on how much you play.  If you buy a years worth chunk on discount but barely play, I could see someone arguing that is not a good purchase.  

If premium time doesn't interest you I would just save the cash.

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 23 February 2020 - 03:38 AM.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

BAR_001 #10 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29549 battles
  • [HAHA]

I have the heavy defenders and I agree with Morph and Crusader. They are good tanks. I would really like to add the new one but I dont want to spend right now. The game just feels too jacked up to spend anymore. If I had a little more gold on hand I would get it though.

Premium time vs premium tank, I would go for the tank. The time will run out, but the credit grinding perks of the tank will always be in your garage.

Edited by BAR_001, 23 February 2020 - 07:44 AM.

RNG doesn't bother hackers.

ZebraUp #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:08 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 27422 battles
  • [STPLR]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

Most players in game can count to 3 - (most).  

I think you might be giving the average player in our current playerbase too much credit here. Two is the number.. Two hands, two feet, two eyes. I think you're assuming they have progressed to where they can use their fingers to count with... or find the calculator on their device.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

Absolute_Sniper #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40845 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Don’t have any but the IS-3D but it’s not powercrept to an unplayable level. It’s still a top tier heavy and very viable in tourney play. It has great armor and very non russian gun depression. A pair of them can clip out any tier 8. That’s a game changer still to this day.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users