Garage chat silence

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Duke_87 #1 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32724 battles
  • [MOM]

Eliminates post game abuse and tirades. Check. With the exception of the “name a training room as insult” exploit. lol Points for creativity. 

But...it also prevents post game compliments, suggestions, and I believe, pretty much eliminates making any new “friends.” It is those post game interactions which lead to knew friends, and occasionally, a positive mentor experience. I have zero new friends since garage chat limitation.  

Which aspect is more important? Is shielding the newbs from ranting also preventing them from learning about the forum, youtube, or making any new friends or toon mates? As a vet, I rarely got raged at, so garage silence is a total negative for me...no knew friends or people to toon with. 

Goal: Suck incrementally less, day by day

j_rod #2 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:14 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostDuke_87, on 22 February 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

Eliminates post game abuse and tirades. Check. With the exception of the “name a training room as insult” exploit. lol Points for creativity. 

But...it also prevents post game compliments, suggestions, and I believe, pretty much eliminates making any new “friends.” It is those post game interactions which lead to knew friends, and occasionally, a positive mentor experience. I have zero new friends since garage chat limitation.  

Which aspect is more important? Is shielding the newbs from ranting also preventing them from learning about the forum, youtube, or making any new friends or toon mates? As a vet, I rarely got raged at, so garage silence is a total negative for me...no knew friends or people to toon with. 

There are quite a few other threads pertaining to this specifically, but I disagree with most of what you’d said.

Want to compliment someone that played well? Give them a +1, send a friend request and send the message. If they played well and see that you upvoted them, they’re probably going to add you. Same goes for adding new friends.

Want to give someone a tip or suggestion? Do the same as the above if you’re being sincere. If they want to hear it, they’ll add you. If they don’t, then you were wasting your time anyways.

This isn’t about “shielding the newbs.” It’s about reducing the toxicity. I consider myself a fairly decent, experienced player and whether it was me raging via post-game chat or receiving some idiotic message from a crappy player, that has ended since this was put in place. Instead, the friend requests I’ve sent and received have been genuine and I’ve actually had more positive conversations than ever before. 

Edited by j_rod, 22 February 2020 - 09:15 PM.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Crusader6_ #3 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65363 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postj_rod, on 22 February 2020 - 04:14 PM, said:

There are quite a few other threads pertaining to this specifically, but I disagree with most of what you’d said.

Want to compliment someone that played well? Give them a +1, send a friend request and send the message. If they played well and see that you upvoted them, they’re probably going to add you. Same goes for adding new friends.

Want to give someone a tip or suggestion? Do the same as the above if you’re being sincere. If they want to hear it, they’ll add you. If they don’t, then you were wasting your time anyways.

This isn’t about “shielding the newbs.” It’s about reducing the toxicity. I consider myself a fairly decent, experienced player and whether it was me raging via post-game chat or receiving some idiotic message from a crappy player, that has ended since this was put in place. Instead, the friend requests I’ve sent and received have been genuine and I’ve actually had more positive conversations than ever before. 

Totaly agree. 

However I leave my chat option open - I get plenty of hate mail - I enjoy reading some oxygen thief spouting off at my play, and I wonder what the color of the sky is in their world.  ;) 

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Duke_87 #4 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32724 battles
  • [MOM]

You guys must bond more quickly in-game. lol My new friends almost always spawned from post game, complimentary chatter.

Goal: Suck incrementally less, day by day

9_V0LT #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:35 AM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10284 battles
  • [OGRE]
“Friends only” chat should never have been implemented as a default setting. 
Having it as an option is fine, but making it a default setting was a mistake. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

_Crusader6_ #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:10 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65363 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Post9_V0LT, on 22 February 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

“Friends only” chat should never have been implemented as a default setting. 
Having it as an option is fine, but making it a default setting was a mistake. 

Actually it’s fine as default.  But it should have been a global announcement in the update. 

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tanker070 #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:13 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 58316 battles
  • [SKXLL]

i wish i could not see any player names in-battle including in UI
if devs want single player mode then i might as well design my experience towards it.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Barny227 #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36732 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostDuke_87, on 22 February 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

I totally agree with you Duke.

The new chat feature is overkill.

I guess I will need to start sending out more friend request just so I can tell people good job.

Edited by Barny227, 23 February 2020 - 05:19 AM.

rosgrim #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 87842 battles
  • [COD]

View Postj_rod, on 22 February 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

this

Untrust______ #10 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 87842 battles
  • [FILTH]
I leave my chat open. With the new default I no longer feel I need to hold back in my responses to morons. WG has basically washed their hands of snowflakes sending tickets, which I feel is a good thing. They basically said don't cry to us you knowingly accept the salt you receive by turning on chat. 

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

Chariot_Solace #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:42 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 50281 battles
  • [_STR8]
Catering to super sensitive snowflakes, just like politics and the rest of so called “progressive” society. It only serves to multiply snowflakes exponentially. Morons. Makes me sick.

Garage: 199 Tier Xs: 21 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 77 Premiums: 73 Aced: 261/266

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

minitel_NA #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

I friend noobs and unicums alike, but anyone friending me without a word used to go directly to the garbage. 

Also I remember spending all night talking with strangers, and sometimes start with yelling and end up cracking jokes.  

well, blitz becomes more sanitized by the minute.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

ZebraUp #13 Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 28584 battles
  • [STPLR]

View PostDuke_87, on 22 February 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

You guys must bond more quickly in-game. lol My new friends almost always spawned from post game, complimentary chatter.

Weirdly enough, many of my friends here spawned from post battle tirades lol! 

Either myself or the OG (other guy) initiated a post battle insult which turned into a heated discussion which then turned into grudging respect and eventual friendly discourse lol!

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

Si1verBlood #14 Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:49 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View PostZebraUp, on 23 February 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

Weirdly enough, many of my friends here spawned from post battle tirades lol! 

Either myself or the OG (other guy) initiated a post battle insult which turned into a heated discussion which then turned into grudging respect and eventual friendly discourse lol!

^^THIS^^

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

LtRaseiniai #15 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 75313 battles

Most of the chat was abuse.

And since there's no reason to abuse a human being for being a bad video game player, it's brilliant of Wg to have shut it off.

Si1verBlood #16 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View PostPlayer_39363936, on 23 February 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

Most of the chat was abuse.

And since there's no reason to abuse a human being for being a bad video game player, it's brilliant of Wg to have shut it off.

I am sure you were so happy with the feature.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

tedg5 #17 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:01 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 53963 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Noobs! :trollface:

wrecker1968 #18 Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50112 battles
  • [HOUSE]

WG has given you a choice. If you want it on, Turn it on.

Could there be a little more education on it, yes.

Just ask WG to do a news piece on it.

Chiefmac #19 Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51983 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postj_rod, on 22 February 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Well stated sir, concur completely ! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users