MM Community

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Valkyrie04 #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3685 battles
  • [FL-LT]

First of all, nice to meet you, I'm Valk. I've been playing Blitz for a relatively short amount of time and really got caught. I usually look in this forum for information. I'm way too far to be an unicum, but I'd like to add my point of view in the already beaten-to-death topic: Matchmaker.

As all of you know, actual MM is completely player agnostic. Doesn't use any player data, only the tank type you're taking to the battle. This way it ensures the maximum randomness possible. Well after analyzing the complaints for lopsided games, incompetent teammates, afk players, trolls, crybabies, and a long etcetera...I was able to determine what the actual problem is, and I don't understand why hasn't anyoned said this already (like if it was a taboo or something). The problem is the community 

Thinking about it, is somewhat obvious, clueless players just getting started and no one being able to teach them, troll players that think it's fun, or just got tired of winning, people that don't have any incentive to grow as a player. Also most of the times, people used to berate the noobs (me too, ngl) instead of telling them where to go for help or how to do their job. And this is why WG has also taken the desperate decision of adding a "friends only" chat, that only makes player communication even harder, increasing the already existant breach between bad and good players. Just chill out and behave. Most of the players that are here are either adults or young men. I can assure that I wouldn't be here if I didn't have the support from some players that took their time to give me some tips on how to play, it's not that hard.

All said, this is Valkyrie04, over.

Do svidanya

Edited by Valkyrie04, 23 February 2020 - 02:06 AM.

9_V0LT #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:26 AM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10633 battles
  • [OGRE]

TL;DR

New players have no incentive to learn from old players that are too toxic. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

j_rod #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:32 AM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post9_V0LT, on 22 February 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

TL;DR

New players have no incentive to learn from old players that are too toxic. 

Or not as skilled/knowledgeable as they think they are

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

originalmadkilla #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16569 battles
  • [OMK]

Do not attempt to teach anybody. You will regret it and you will get penalized. I have tried it before some times when feeling charitable, but now I know better and no more Mr. Nice guy from me.:justwait:

Valkyrie04 #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3685 battles
  • [FL-LT]

So sorry if I didn't explain myself as I should have. I didn't mean you have to be a teacher for free, but more to be a little less salty. That's it, long story said short  :P

originalmadkilla #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16569 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostValkyrie04, on 22 February 2020 - 10:20 PM, said:

So sorry if I didn't explain myself as I should have. I didn't mean you have to be a teacher for free, but more to be a little less salty. That's it, long story said short  :P

I agree that there are too many salty players in the game. I'm personally not worried though, as I am one of the best behaved players in the game and I rarely ever rage in matches and I don't think I've ever once sent a message to anybody post match when that was an option before.:justwait:

TO_Dominator #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:42 AM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 13460 battles
  • [YUKON]

View PostValkyrie04, on 22 February 2020 - 10:20 PM, said:

In game salt isn't the cause of the problem, it is the by product of poor player base quality.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

war_daddi #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17574 battles
The problem is people are so obsessed with winrate that when they lose they'll lash out at players who aren't as good as them.  If WR wasn't the main stat and it was KD ratio damage per tier than it would be much less of a problem.  At least that was the case when I played FPS games, no one cares if you lose a match with 20 players per side because it doesn't represent how good you are individually.

Valkyrie04 #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3685 battles
  • [FL-LT]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 23 February 2020 - 03:42 AM, said:

In game salt isn't the cause of the problem, it is the by product of poor player base quality.

Indeed

_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:17 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69929 battles
  • [BDGER]
Bad players are a feature - farm them or use them for meat shields. 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  432/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

rosgrim #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 96427 battles
  • [COD]

View PostMorphman11, on 23 February 2020 - 02:27 AM, said:

[...]

One could say this is not a kind reply but honestly it is the reality.

NOBODY started, learned, improved with the help of other players and chat.

Vice versa everybody that learned and improved starting being a nub, did it with the goodwill to get it and just an average intelligence (this game is not rockets science, it is a fkg game !). There are millions of video, contributions on YouTube and more than enough info about everything of this game on the web (included this forum)

EL_Din_46 #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:31 AM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 10839 battles

View Postrosgrim, on 22 February 2020 - 09:29 PM, said:

One could say this is not a kind reply but honestly it is the reality.

NOBODY started, learned, improved with the help of other players and chat.

Vice versa everybody that learned and improved starting being a nub, did it with the goodwill to get it and just an average intelligence (this game is not rockets science, it is a fkg game !). There are millions of video, contributions on YouTube and more than enough info about everything of this game on the web (included this forum)

Not NOBODY. I have learned and improved with the direct and indirect help of other players on this forum. Others have as well, and more have been helped by friends and clan mates.

There really are a lot of resources out there, but that does not mean that new players know that they exist. Posit1ve has excellent “university” videos and Fugit has very good new player guides, but for them to be useful someone has to point out that they exist in the player guide and video vault forums.

Edited by EL_Din_46, 23 February 2020 - 06:54 AM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

acrisis #13 Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21028 battles
  • [III-C]

There are many facets to the whole subject matter.

war_daddi is correct, that if the primary stat were not winrate but damage ratio, things may be significantly different. Playing another 5v5 game, often it turns out to that the battles are the equivalent of 1-2 vs 3-4 ... and there's simply no winning those battles. Frustrating enough in an off itself, but win rate is not tracked. Only how much damage you dish and kills you get. So, as long as you do as well you can under the circumstances, there tends to be a positive outcome. Lose five in a row, throw the game down, but at least you don't have 0% WR for the day. 

But when it comes to wotb & wowsb, we have random players with all kinds of experience and motivation levels, no tutorials to speak of, extra complexity, need lots of time to progress, lots of for fun players who may treat it like any other walk / drive up and shoot kind of a thing. And then Win Rate is the primary stat for those who are motivated to have good results.  

There is not enough time to help others, besides friends, clan mates and some forum users seeking help. I have been engaged in some initiatives, or tried to be, as much as possible; and one would have to be pretty much paid by WG as it becomes a full time job to keep up with things, have 1 on 1 sessions, group classes, stream, do tutorials, etc. as you can't just say well I will do this one hour a day at this exact time. It ends up being something that can run round the clock from 8 am to 3 am ... as various people go online, asking game questions, wanting to know about specific tanks, expect another platoon, expect help with a grind, ... 

Plus when we had open chat capability, I'd say overall, the responses to kind advice given in general, to do something better, trying to kindly say hey if you have an extra half hour go watch how bushka plays that tank, ... were less than 20% positive. Mostly no answer to big wtfdytya I ain't going to watch videos on this, you ... (insert a variety of colorful words or crude sentences here) 

So, it is not an easy situation to try to mend. Always seems like we're losing more and more good people who were motivated to help others, who are not running around with two salt shakers, ... while the game seems to flounder some and become more diluted from its original appeal. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

VonTink #14 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25820 battles
  • [MONTE]

View PostValkyrie04, on 23 February 2020 - 02:05 AM, said:

As all of you know, actual MM is completely player agnostic. Doesn't use any player data, only the tank type you're taking to the battle.  

Do you have any proof of this or is this just mere speculation?

EL_Din_46 #15 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 10839 battles

View PostVonTink, on 23 February 2020 - 06:02 AM, said:

Do you have any proof of this or is this just mere speculation?

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/86788-official-matchmaking-discussion-thread/

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

VonTink #16 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25820 battles
  • [MONTE]

I see.  So there isnt any proof.  Understood.

Absolute_Sniper #17 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44853 battles
  • [CRU2L]
OP I’d stop trying to figure out why people blame things other than themselves. It’s been discussed every way you can imagine and the reality is people who can adapt with the changing meta usually do well. Those that can’t, do poorly. Human nature is to blame something other than yourself for poor performance, especially if you were previously doing alright. So we get MM complaints, player skill complaints, lack of training complaints, unfair game mechanic complaints, etc, etc. Toxic chat in of itself will always exist regardless of the game. There is a large group if people that are toxic anytime something doesn’t go their way and a smaller group that are always toxic because they like being toxic. There is no way to remove that. Even if chat gets completely disabled, people will find other ways to be toxic such as throwing games, blocking teammates, pushing them into enemy fire, and many other things.

Just have fun playing. If you want to improve, you can and at your own pace. If someone is toxic towards you, know that it’s a them problem and not a you problem. If they take it too far, submit a ticket to WG. Making threads here won’t have any impact on that player.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Si1verBlood #18 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:03 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View PostVonTink, on 23 February 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

I see.  So there isnt any proof.  Understood.

You are living proof. Regardless of the teams you get (OP teams and bad teams and average teams) you still manage to perform poorly which is then reflected on your stats you play, regardless of the tank, regardless of the  ''OPness'' of the tank, regardless of you getting carried to victory, regardless of your team composition, and regardless of the enemy team composition....you still manage to completely and utterly be ineffective in the battle.

Edited by Si1verBlood, 23 February 2020 - 05:39 PM.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

tedg5 #19 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:42 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 57058 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Good start to a thread, now just..... :popcorn:

wrecker1968 #20 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54715 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 23 February 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

You are living proof. Regardless of the teams you get (OP teams and bad teams and average teams) you still manage to perform poorly which is then reflected on your stats you play, regardless of the tank, regardless of the  ''OPness'' of the tank, regardless of you getting carried to victory, regardless of your team composition, and regardless of the enemy team composition....you still manage to completely and utterly be ineffective in the battle.

You gotta love it. When you use their own lines about proof against them, They resort back to stat shaming and insults.

Why would new players want to come to the forum for information when you have players like this.

There's a reason for a poor player base.

Also tagged with MM, Community

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users