• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

j_rod #121 Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostPopcann, on 27 February 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well I could care less about the tech crap, be nice if every freakin game wasn’t a 6/7 zip [...], I mean really ever since Xmas event this MM is total [edited]!!!! I’m so sick and tired of holding my end of the match only to get slaughtered by an entire team. [...] guys have no clue what cover is it seems like, 3 tanks gone in less then a minute consistently, only 4 guys in the team do anything, just really frustrating.

somethin was done to the MM, least that’s what I believe, and I ain’t buying zip, cause that ain’t gonna help WG, fix the damn game

Pop - you've got a choice to make man. You can either carry on about your teammates, MM, etc or you can look to improve your game. If you continue to go down the path of blaming everyone but yourself I'm going to tell you that your lot is not going to improve and you will continue to be frustrated until you've had enough.

If you look to improve your own game, you'll find the wins and everything else will come with it. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Popcann #122 Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9592 battles

View Postj_rod, on 27 February 2020 - 09:33 PM, said:

Pop - you've got a choice to make man. You can either carry on about your teammates, MM, etc or you can look to improve your game. If you continue to go down the path of blaming everyone but yourself I'm going to tell you that your lot is not going to improve and you will continue to be frustrated until you've had enough.

If you look to improve your own game, you'll find the wins and everything else will come with it. 

your right, I was so POed at that point I could kill a man.  First game of the day I lose, no problem, I’m barely a  avg player.  Then second game a guy just pulls right up my rear, I had pulled out to shoot and when I back up I can’t move, and starts pushing me out into fire, just erupted, and started shooting him, then I rammed him and shoved him out into fire, then I used his carcass for cover till I died. I dunno, I just went off.

ive been playing my best lately have improved my win rate over 30 days 5.8%, and have actually been improving. Then this am, roll out and things just didn’t go well, I got all mad at the guy and just couldn’t play for crap after that, and I just kept going in same tank for a whopping 35% in 25games trying to get on a win streak and get to 50% in the mutha.

i just needed to rant at someone and I’m home alone, lol

j_rod #123 Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostPopcann, on 27 February 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

your right, I was so POed at that point I could kill a man.  First game of the day I lose, no problem, I’m barely a  avg player.  Then second game a guy just pulls right up my rear, I had pulled out to shoot and when I back up I can’t move, and starts pushing me out into fire, just erupted, and started shooting him, then I rammed him and shoved him out into fire, then I used his carcass for cover till I died. I dunno, I just went off.

ive been playing my best lately have improved my win rate over 30 days 5.8%, and have actually been improving. Then this am, roll out and things just didn’t go well, I got all mad at the guy and just couldn’t play for crap after that, and I just kept going in same tank for a whopping 35% in 25games trying to get on a win streak and get to 50% in the mutha.

i just needed to rant at someone and I’m home alone, lol

It’s called playing on tilt and we’ve all been there. When I got the AMX 30b I lost like 14 of the first 16 games or something like that and got so pissed off that I played around 80 games the first day. Still haven’t recovered from that.

I get the frustration and best thing to do is put the game down when that happens. I say that as someone who is incapable of doing that, but that would be the wise thing. 

Working as intended

acrisis #124 Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:24 PM

The Society ™ ***** Diplomat

• Players
  • 20985 battles
  • [III-C]

... and it doesn't matter whether it is tanks or boats ... been there done that dozens of times, gotten a shiny new thing, whether tech tree or premium purchase ... lost the first few rounds for whatever reason ... and you end up chasing that win while digging a deeper hole ... lose two or three, switch tanks and tiers, lose another two or three, put the phone or tablet away.   Don't go for 2 wins in 10 or 2 wins in 12. It is not healthy. 

Edited by acrisis, 27 February 2020 - 11:25 PM.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Bellatormonk #125 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:16 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29984 battles
  • [MASHU]
Wait..wait..wait...which is it?  I am hearing "tilt", "chasing that win" and "improve you own game".   So who or what is responsible for "tilts" and "chasing wins" versus "improving you own game"?  I mean because we all know from this constant sage advice, that the other 6 players and RNG have NO BEARING on your own game play success or failure right..only YOU control the fate of EVERY match?

j_rod #126 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:26 AM

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostBellatormonk, on 27 February 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

Wait..wait..wait...which is it?  I am hearing "tilt", "chasing that win" and "improve you own game".   So who or what is responsible for "tilts" and "chasing wins" versus "improving you own game"?  I mean because we all know from this constant sage advice, that the other 6 players and RNG have NO BEARING on your own game play success or failure right..only YOU control the fate of EVERY match?

They can be both. It doesn’t have to be binary.

What’s with all the anger lately?

Working as intended

wrecker1968 #127 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:53 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 51830 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Postj_rod, on 28 February 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

They can be both. It doesn’t have to be binary.

What’s with all the anger lately?

I don't think it's anger, I think it is frustration With everything is going on in this game (Poor player base, Horrendous updates, MM, Terrible events, RNG, Missiles,ect...). 

I'm probably wrong, it's just a guess.

Bellatormonk #128 Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29984 battles
  • [MASHU]

What anger?  Oh...because a few words were capitalized for emphasis?  Oh dear..did I rattle your jimmies?  My point is all this constant conflicting "advice" from the same people every day.  One day someone says "it's not MM or some OP tank, it's all you and your game play causing you to lose", then next day "it's just a poor player base (which is another word for MM) combined with OP tanks, loses occur no matter what you do".

Carry on.

_Cletus #129 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29562 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBellatormonk, on 28 February 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

What anger?  Oh...because a few words were capitalized for emphasis?  Oh dear..did I rattle your jimmies?  My point is all this constant conflicting "advice" from the same people every day.  One day someone says "it's not MM or some OP tank, it's all you and your game play causing you to lose", then next day "it's just a poor player base (which is another word for MM) combined with OP tanks, loses occur no matter what you do".

Carry on.

You're reaching.  Of course you can't make every game a win, but a skillful player will increase the tendencies of their teams to win.  You're not a dumb guy, you know this.  It's not a contradiction to tell a 60%er with an ave tier of 9 and an ave damage of 2500 that a string of a few losses is probably due to bad luck with teams, and to tell a 40%er with an average tier of 5 and an average damage of 200 that a string of dozens of losses is probably a skill problem.  Personally, if I give this kind of advice, I'm looking at the individual player and tailoring it to what I think he needs, and I would imagine most people here do too.

_Crusader6_ #130 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:11 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 67104 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostBellatormonk, on 28 February 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Carry on.

Streaks happen.  It’s when steaks become patterns that you can form an opinion.   
  I had some rough patches with the T92E1 that brought the comment out - I then went and won 72% of the next 40 games in it.   
As I had said, I wasn’t concerned.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

acrisis #131 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

The Society ™ ***** Diplomat

• Players
  • 20985 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBellatormonk, on 28 February 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Carry on.

The more insights one has into the game and the better one plays, the higher the chance of winning ... and over the course thousands of battles will show a range of 40% 50% 60% wins.  

As we all know, the margin between winning and losing can be very small.  The team that scores the first couple kills often secures the win, once the ball gets rolling, it can be hard to stop ... but smart play under the right circumstances may be able to counter that.

But even a 60% player loses 40% of their battles. Wins & losses can be clustered randomly, for whatever reason. Bad and good. Like, I just helped win 7 games in a row in a tank I don't drive and a game mode I don't play. Sometimes you may get carried a bit. Sometimes you get dragged down a bit.  Like the first two games before that, there was no chance of winning, even if you were 70% player. If you are the only player >50% dishing out any damage, have two players putting down a goose egg, another two with shot of damage.

I don't see what's so hard to understand that there's a couple observations about the game. One does not exclude the other. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

__V_O_P__ #132 Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44220 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostBellatormonk, on 28 February 2020 - 02:16 AM, said:

cherry-pick away. most people here think that YOU are the single biggest determinant of your performance. people that blame MM and RNG for bad stats are fooling  only themselves. 

__V_O_P__ #133 Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44220 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postwrecker1968, on 28 February 2020 - 02:53 AM, said:

I don't think it's anger, I think it is frustration With everything is going on in this game (Poor player base, Horrendous updates, MM, Terrible events, RNG, Missiles,ect...). 

I'm probably wrong, it's just a guess.

amazingly I am in almost total agreement with you. I won’t say horrendous or terrible - I don’t think the updates have been that bad (but not good certainly) and the events mixed. 

Also tagged with MM, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users